Any Sakuraba's fans?

Saku is one of the greatest of all time. Up there with Fedor in OG status.

His win over Zelg Galesic was truly the most epic emotional moment as a fan. Watching him get him head bounced off the ground it seemed like it would be his last fight, then he went after that leg like dog with lockjaw refusing to let go. Absolute hero among men and a true legend of the sport.

Also what a list of wins up as down the weight classes

Shamrock
Royce/Renzo Gracie
Funaki
Newton
Belfort
Randleman
Rampage
Mezger

Most impressive is he finished all the above fighters except Belfort. I can imagine how anyone couldn't be both a MMA fan and a Saku fan

When it comes to fighting, the guy is a true inspiration.

I always felt like him and Vovchanchyn were criminally underrated.

It's a bit crazy how little people want to engage. He's a one of MMA pioneers. Searched a guy throw sherdog and he had some big threads, but all them are quite old. Maybe stereotype that all asians look alike killed his popularity.

It's even hard to find more details information about Sukuraba on web. He doesn't speak english, he's not active on social media. I would love to read more about his backstory or preparations for fights where he fought heavyweights.
Dude, you late to the party, like 10-15 years.
Today he is irrelevant, all the discussion obviously died after Dream.

If you are interested in him he has a youtube channel where he teach weird grappling techniques with his usual weird humor, plus you could buy some official Saku t-shirt to support him.

Dude, you late to the party, like 10-15 years.
Today he is irrelevant, all the discussion obviously died after Dream.

If you are interested in him he has a youtube channel where he teach weird grappling techniques with his usual weird humor, plus you could buy some official Saku t-shirt to support him.
Link please?

Sakuraba is Top 2 GOAT imo.

12141497_1521049491519967_7155914980005132001_n.jpg

For sure. Without a doubt he's an all time great! What a true modern day samurai. Wish there were more fighters like him.

What a pleasure to see how many hardcore SAKU fans are still around.

Easily my favorite fighter of all time, perhaps even my favorite athlete from any sport. I always enjoyed MMA, but it wasn't until SAKU that I became a truly dedicated fan of the whole game.

His fight with Carlos Newton is what got me into grappling. I liked watching BJJ, got a kick out the submissions game over in Pancrase and such, but seeing Saku and Newton go at it made me realize I needed to get my ass on the mat.

Back