Colby wants Wonderboy next, how does this guy still have any fans?

Colby being Colby and making absolutely no sense in a recent interview on Submission Radio. He talks a big game about how he is the best welterweight and will fight whoever the UFC puts in from of him and do whatever it takes to get back in title fight. Then goes on to call out Stephen Thompson who is 1-3 in his last 4 fights and hasn't beat a grappler in 8 years:

“I think ‘Wonderboy,’ guys, makes the most sense. The ultimate nice guy vs. the ultimate bad guy. He came on this show, Submission Radio, and had a lot of things to say. ‘Oh, Colby’s going to get knocked out. Oh, I’ll knock out Colby.’ Oh, all these things. He’s No. 6 in the world, I’m No. 5 in the world right now. That fight makes the most sense.”

This is literally the worst and most pointless fight to make. We all know how Wonderboy vs a grappler goes, we've seen in 3 times in the past 3 years (Burns, Rahhmanov, Muhammad). If Colby is such a great and fearless fighter, why doesn't he call out one of the otehr contenders like Muhammad or Rakhmanov?
Hes not the ultimate bad guy he thinks he is. Maybe ultimate pussy man, but not bad guy.

Well that’s just stupid as fuck. End of story

Usman is a big name why doesn’t Shavkat deserve that match up? I’ve never once questioned what Shavkat deserves, but objectively speaking, should Colby beat Shavkat he deserves a title shot, only the most absolutely vapid hater would disagree. I’m not emotionally dishonest enough to think Colby should fight this fight and not get a title shot with a win. I’ll leave that up to you.

Usman already fought Khamzat. He gave back.

Colby fights Shavkat or sits on the sidelines. Enough gift TS and gimme fights against 39yo for the boy.

Usman already fought Khamzat. He gave back.

Colby fights Shavkat or sits on the sidelines. Enough gift TS and gimme fights against 39yo for the boy.
That wasn’t giving back.

That wasn’t at the same weight class.

That wasn’t even a booked fight it was a late replacement that probably made usman bank.

Ian Garry is completely reasonable. Shavkat is not. Sticking with that.

That wasn’t giving back.

That wasn’t at the same weight class.

That wasn’t even a booked fight it was a late replacement that probably made usman bank.

Ian Garry is completely reasonable. Shavkat is not. Sticking with that.

No. Shavkat.

Colby being Colby and making absolutely no sense in a recent interview on Submission Radio. He talks a big game about how he is the best welterweight and will fight whoever the UFC puts in from of him and do whatever it takes to get back in title fight. Then goes on to call out Stephen Thompson who is 1-3 in his last 4 fights and hasn't beat a grappler in 8 years:

“I think ‘Wonderboy,’ guys, makes the most sense. The ultimate nice guy vs. the ultimate bad guy. He came on this show, Submission Radio, and had a lot of things to say. ‘Oh, Colby’s going to get knocked out. Oh, I’ll knock out Colby.’ Oh, all these things. He’s No. 6 in the world, I’m No. 5 in the world right now. That fight makes the most sense.”

This is literally the worst and most pointless fight to make. We all know how Wonderboy vs a grappler goes, we've seen in 3 times in the past 3 years (Burns, Rahhmanov, Muhammad). If Colby is such a great and fearless fighter, why doesn't he call out one of the otehr contenders like Muhammad or Rakhmanov?

His matchmaking makes perfect sense.

The acting persona he's developed that's still fooling you still doesn't make sense though.

Nobody was clowning the literal next contender for fighting Thompson in his most recent fight. Colby is 0-1 and old, match him up with another old guy on a losing streak.

No matter what Colby does yall will cry.

The likelihood of him fighting for a title again is pretty slim, so it's not exactly a mystery why he'd just want whoever is the biggest name for a few fights before retiring.
I guess that's not a bad way to look at it, as long as the Colby/WB winner don't get a title shot I think I'll be with it lol
I'd prefer other matchups for both tho.
Sure on the other 2, but Colby/Garry is a great matchup.
Yeah that'd be a good one, makes sense too if Garry beats Neal.

No. Shavkat.
lol I'll pull one out of your book. remember when you said Porier wouldn't accept a fight with BSD?

Well, Why don't you call colby and convince him to fight shavkat with no title shot as a reward?

That's what you said to me, That's what I'm saying to you.

(The difference here, is that BSD is porier's best option for his career and vice versa. not the case with colby)

Last edited:
I guess that's not a bad way to look at it, as long as the Colby/WB winner don't get a title shot I think I'll be with it lol
I'd prefer other matchups for both tho.

Yeah that'd be a good one, makes sense too if Garry beats Neal.
Colby vs neal is fine too whoever the winner of that fight is should be next for colby

lol I'll pull one out of your book. remember when you said Porier wouldn't accept a fight with BSD?

Well, Why don't you call colby and convince him to fight shavkat with no title shot as a reward?

That's what you said to me, That's what I'm saying to you.

(The difference here, is that BSD is porier's best option for his career and vice versa. not the case with colby)

I was wrong about BSD and Poirier, I said it.

Now Colby fights Shavkat or bust

Colby vs neal is fine too whoever the winner of that fight is should be next for colby
That too!
I was gonna say that's a hard fight for Colby due to Neal's TDD, but I also remembered Neal got outwrestled by Magny not too long ago so Colby might have a shot there depending on which Neal shows up.

I was wrong about BSD and Poirier, I said it.

Now Colby fights Shavkat or bust
or bust?

damn you must be really excited to watch Colbys boring ass fight.

again though, good luck convincing him to take that fight. He has nothing to gain from it at all.

or bust?

damn you must be really excited to watch Colbys boring ass fight.

again though, good luck convincing him to take that fight. He has nothing to gain from it at all.

Shavkat will make it exciting by finishing him

Does he really have fans in here though? It's like bigfoot. Just a theory that they exist.

I've seen some in youtube comment sections but that's youtube.
Just for a second I thought you were talking about Bigfoot Silva having fans here.
He doesn't :(

@RockyLockridge here's your Colby fan in the flesh. I've seen many of these people making excuses for him, although they are a bit quieter since his loss.

Woodley fought Burns after losing a title fight. Usman fought Khamzat after losing a title fight. Masvidal fought Colby after losing a title fight when Colby was ranked number 1 in the division. Gaethje fought Fiziev after losing a title fight. This guy and others like him want Colby to continue to get special privileges by only facing old fighters on losing streaks that are stylistically favorable.
Man get over yourself. Yeah I'm a fan of Colby, you think I give a shit? I like his grappling style and he puts on an entertaining circus before all his fights.

I'd like to see the Shavkat fight as much as anyone, but I'm not gonna hate on a guy for being smart with what fights he picks and use that as an excuse to be a pussy ass hater

I want to see Shavkat fight Colby
No you don't. You want to see Colby lose and you think firmly believe that shavkat will provide that for you.

you're a rabid hater who forgoes logic for your own weird and selfish desire.

it's fine that you do that, but you should just be honest and say I want to see Colby get folded, even if it's an opportunity he does deserve.

Why not just ask for Colby vs Ngannou? Is it because it's stupid and illogical? they both have a similar chance of happening.

I'm a Colby fan. If he doesnt fight at least 2 times in 2024, I'm gonna move on and be indifferent to him.

I don't mind the Wonderboy fight. He's fighting down in the ranks.

He's not gonna fight someone outside the top 10 so #6 makes sense.

I don’t really understand how anyone can defend his Wonderboy call out. Rankings wise it isn’t egregious but that matchup just enables Colby to continue doing what he’s done for the past five years or so. Unless a title is on the line he has zero interest in fighting anyone that he wouldn’t be a massive favourite over. The guy should have to prove himself against someone like Burns, Garry, Brady or Neal.. hell put him in there with Rinat. Just stop allowing him to pick on old dudes.

Back