Colby wants Wonderboy next, how does this guy still have any fans?

No you don't. You want to see Colby lose and you think firmly believe that shavkat will provide that for you.

you're a rabid hater who forgoes logic for your own weird and selfish desire.

it's fine that you do that, but you should just be honest and say I want to see Colby get folded, even if it's an opportunity he does deserve.

Why not just ask for Colby vs Ngannou? Is it because it's stupid and illogical? they both have a similar chance of happening.

Shavkat beats Colby bad

Not sure I've really seen wonderboy talk a lot of trash. Maybe Colby is permanently concussed?

Just for a second I thought you were talking about Bigfoot Silva having fans here.
He doesn't :(
Hey im a bigfoot fan. Screamed out loud when he ko'd Reem. Also thought he deserved the Cain rematch based on the landscape of the HW division at the time.

He should retire though sir 🥲

Does he really have fans in here though? It's like bigfoot. Just a theory that they exist.

I've seen some in youtube comment sections but that's youtube.
Maybe use the term "Yeti" when talking about a mythical creature in the context of a sport that has a famous athlete named "Bigfoot."

No you don't. You want to see Colby lose and you think firmly believe that shavkat will provide that for you.

you're a rabid hater who forgoes logic for your own weird and selfish desire.

it's fine that you do that, but you should just be honest and say I want to see Colby get folded, even if it's an opportunity he does deserve.

Why not just ask for Colby vs Ngannou? Is it because it's stupid and illogical? they both have a similar chance of happening.

Alternatively, you want to see Colby win yet another soft matchup and you firmly believe that Wonderboy will provide that for you.

Im not sure what you mean. I’ve always just thought people should fight rank appropriate opponents. Your comment makes you sound rabid , dare I say brain dead.
Number 3 vs number 5 is rank appropriate

You’re now comparing Colby to usman and woodley who are both multiple time champions. Of course them losing 1 fight keeps them in the mix.
Usman lost twice before fighting Khamzat. Woodley lost twice before fighting Colby. And you conveniently ignored the other names I mentioned. Masvidal, Gaethje, etc. It is in fact extremely common for the loser of a title fight to face a top contender next. You're acting like Colby should be treated like a special snowflake for some reason.

Colby has lost alternating fights in his last 6, he’s 3-3.

{<huh}

Well duh, doofus. That's what's happens to a fighter when they get one win and then sit out waiting for a title shot over and over.

You also act like usman vs khamzat was a booked fight and not a late replacement in an entirely different weight class on two weeks notice.
Usman had literally been calling to fight Khamzat for months

you just don’t like Colby and that’s fine. He can fight Ian Garry or wonderboy. It’s fine. He should not get a top 5 opponent. I stand firmly behind that. I said he didn’t deserved Leon, I said he didn’t deserve khamzat. I FIRMLY stand behind that. Give him anyone ranked 12-7 and it’s fine. I don’t care if they are young and undefeated. Garry is undefeated young up and comer make that match up, I have zero issues, Garry is outside the top 5 I’m okay with it.

He's top 5 himself. He's already fought the 12-7s . That's his strategy. Fight a lower ranked guy with a favorable style matchup and get a title shot. And you want that to happen again.

When people said match him with Belal or khamzat, I said no he doesn’t deserve it he should fight Shavkat. I’m not “protecting” him from potential champions, I’m keeping him out of the title picture because he simply doesn’t deserve to be in it. Only people like you want to force him into it.

He's top 5 and he's a name, you're delusional to think you have any power in keeping him out of the title picture.

You are arguing for a scenario where he gets a softball fight and then sits out another year waiting for a title shot, which he will likely get. We've been through this game before. Enough. No more of this nonsense. You're playing into exactly what Colby himself wants.

He doesn’t deserve a top 5 match up. I stand behind that firmly. I’m not a “fanboy” you are a deranged hater.
<36>

What a load of crap. We're all "deranged haters" for suggesting a perfectly reasonable matchup that makes sense. We're all "deranged haters" for wanting to see Colby in a competitive fight where he wouldn't be the a 3 to 1 favorite. Oh the horror of him being in a fight that he might potentially lose!

Number 3 vs number 5 is rank appropriate

Usman lost twice before fighting Khamzat. Woodley lost twice before fighting Colby. And you conveniently ignored the other names I mentioned. Masvidal, Gaethje, etc. It is in fact extremely common for the loser of a title fight to face a top contender next. You're acting like Colby should be treated like a special snowflake for some reason.

{<huh}

Well duh, doofus. That's what's happens to a fighter when they get one win and then sit out waiting for a title shot over and over.

Usman had literally been calling to fight Khamzat for months

He's top 5 himself. He's already fought the 12-7s . That's his strategy. Fight a lower ranked guy with a favorable style matchup and get a title shot. And you want that to happen again.

He's top 5 and he's a name, you're delusional to think you have any power in keeping him out of the title picture.

You are arguing for a scenario where he gets a softball fight and then sits out another year waiting for a title shot, which he will likely get. We've been through this game before. Enough. No more of this nonsense. You're playing into exactly what Colby himself wants.

<36>

What a load of crap. We're all "deranged haters" for suggesting a perfectly reasonable matchup that makes sense. We're all "deranged haters" for wanting to see Colby in a competitive fight where he wouldn't be the a 3 to 1 favorite. Oh the horror of him being in a fight that he might potentially lose!
You think Colby would be a 3-1 favourite over JDM? or Neal? Or even Garry? Those are all losable match ups for Colby you just sound deranged lol. My opinion on this is consistant in all weight classes it has nothing to do with Colby, you just want him thrown to the wolves for your amusement, from a match making perspective I don’t think it makes much sense. I think there are guys already in the division for a long time he could fight. Burns is good fight, JDM is a good fight. It’s almost like you think Shavkat is the only fighter in ww who can beat Colby he is not that good, he can lose to anyone in the 7-12 at this point he is doing exactly what his friend masvidal did at the end of his ride. Colby is not an idiot he’s not going to be treated like a special snowflake, he’s going to be treated as an aging veteran who knows how to intelligently manage his career in regards to which fights he takes and when. Lots of smart fighters do this. It’s what I come to expect and I don’t hate him for it. I just think if you think that that match up could ever happen you’ve gone off the deep end. That fight is not happening you know Colby would never agree to in the first place

Last edited:
Hey im a bigfoot fan. Screamed out loud when he ko'd Reem. Also thought he deserved the Cain rematch based on the landscape of the HW division at the time.

He should retire though sir 🥲
I like Bigfoot too
Always thought the TRT ban hit him hard. He was one of the people who genuinely needed it.
But yeah, no more stiffened big foot please

If you claim to the the best WW in the world you should aim higher than a fight with WB.
To be the best, you have to beat the best.
WB is no longer on that list...

I have no problem with him fighting WB other than he needs to shut up about being the best.
Secondly I dont want him to get a title shot of beating WB, which he probably would demand.

Both guys are more or less washed and losing fights. So sure it make sense.
But again we know Colby would use this fight to try and get another title shot.

Well that kind of answers the question of why he'd rather have a fight with Wonderboy instead of doing Leon's job for him and fighting #1 contenders with nothing to gain if he wins. Should there be title fights that are only for the title if 1 guy wins and not for the title if the other guy wins?

Obviously if he's not getting a title fight no matter who he fights, he'd rather take the biggest name that's near him in the rankings.

Sure. Long as Colby doesn't think he should fight for the strap soon, it's logical for him to pick a big name and ruffle some feathers. Though, can he convince the fans that Wonderboy is the right match-up? I think a bout with Luque or Burns would sell. Those are tough nights out though. Luque may be an easier match-up than Burns.

No. Shavkat. He fought enough 38 years old.
We all want him getting steamrolled by Shavkat, but he'll never take that fight, and if Burns beats JDM, he's the next best option.

Last edited:
He never had fans, he had anti-fans who hate-watched him & made his name popular by making threads/videos on here & social media about how much they hate him. Of course the media amplified these sentiments.

It was in fact the marks of mma who got Colby his last 2 undeserved it shots. Everyone who hate-commented on Colby the last 7 years or so only helped fill his pockets.

Isn't it ironic, don't ya think?

He did have fans. It’s a very fine line that he tread, him coming out the Kurt Angle music is what made me a true fan. You could tell he’s not a terrible guy and that people not realising it weren’t a shtick was starting to get to him. As times gone on though he’s sort of fell back into that persona but now it seems like it’s not as tongue in cheek

Funny, OP is stating Wonderboy is too low ranked, while u seem to think he's too highly ranked?
Right? It's almost as if it's a good matchup and makes sense. People want Colby to fight his way up and complain when he does

Right? It's almost as if it's a good matchup and makes sense. People want Colby to fight his way up and complain when he does
these same people then say "Colby should never get another title shot" and simultaneously call for him to fight the top contenders

these same people then say "Colby should never get another title shot" and simultaneously call for him to fight the top contenders
Yea how the hell do you expect him to take out top contenders especially ones on winning streaks and then just not give him a title shot

Colby being Colby and making absolutely no sense in a recent interview on Submission Radio. He talks a big game about how he is the best welterweight and will fight whoever the UFC puts in from of him and do whatever it takes to get back in title fight. Then goes on to call out Stephen Thompson who is 1-3 in his last 4 fights and hasn't beat a grappler in 8 years:

“I think ‘Wonderboy,’ guys, makes the most sense. The ultimate nice guy vs. the ultimate bad guy. He came on this show, Submission Radio, and had a lot of things to say. ‘Oh, Colby’s going to get knocked out. Oh, I’ll knock out Colby.’ Oh, all these things. He’s No. 6 in the world, I’m No. 5 in the world right now. That fight makes the most sense.”

This is literally the worst and most pointless fight to make. We all know how Wonderboy vs a grappler goes, we've seen in 3 times in the past 3 years (Burns, Rahhmanov, Muhammad). If Colby is such a great and fearless fighter, why doesn't he call out one of the otehr contenders like Muhammad or Rakhmanov?
maybe because this is mma
striker vs grappler

thats the stone age

its a fight between two mma fighters

Back