Anthony Joshua could be in deep trouble...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't care if he did say 'superior black race', same as I wouldn't care if a white guy said "superior white race".

But it seems suspect though. Why would he have to say that to another black?
Like if I were to say to a friend of mine "you're letting down the superior white race".. it wouldn't make sense why I would have to qualify 'race' to my friend who is white like me.

Well, it would if you were a white supremacist; they say that shit to other whites (and they have a very selective opinion of "white") all the time. Same goes for NOI or Five Percenters who fault black men for dating white women and the like.

I'm gonna call bullshit. Even if it's not, nobody is gonna care.

If it's actually him, they might in this political climate. No one would if he wasn't such a big star, but it might matter for a guy who has a chance to be a massive international superstar. I mean, for people who care about boxing for boxing (like the majority of us here), it doesn't matter, but it might have a certain impact down the road.

Well, it would if you were a white supremacist; they say that shit to other whites (and they have a very selective opinion of "white") all the time. Same goes for NOI or Five Percenters who fault black men for dating white women and the like.

As a random insult though, I still don't think it makes sense.

And it's different than if he said "you're a disgrace to the black race.". But the whole "superior" comment sounds like something a person would add if they were acting as if it was him saying that with the intention of making him look bad.

As a random insult though, I still don't think it makes sense.

And it's different than if he said "you're a disgrace to the black race.". But the whole "superior" comment sounds like something a person would add if they were acting as if it was him saying that with the intention of making him look bad.

I mean, I agree that it's dumb, but I wouldn't be shocked to hear it in that context. Again, I haven't looked into this at all to see if it's actually Joshua (and I'm not taking Cuban's word for it).

Wow. Some vintage racism there from the alleged man of the people. Anthony X has emerged.

I really don't care if he did say 'superior black race', same as I wouldn't care if a white guy said "superior white race".

But it seems suspect though. Why would he have to say that to another black?
Like if I were to say to a friend of mine "you're letting down the superior white race".. it wouldn't make sense why I would have to qualify 'race' to my friend who is white like me.

Because he’s upset the other guy isn’t living up to his standard of the black race.

So not only is he racist he also has a gigantic ego.

Honestly, let more black people come out with opinions like this so more people will realize a lot of black people are racist.

Bit strange considering I don't think that Eddie Chambers has called out AJ since about 2015. Could be a hack, could be fake (something like that'd take about 10 minutes to doctor for anyone with the internet and MS Paint) but could be real, who knows.

Bit strange considering I don't think that Eddie Chambers has called out AJ since about 2015. Could be a hack, could be fake (something like that'd take about 10 minutes to doctor for anyone with the internet and MS Paint) but could be real, who knows.

Really weird thing to say on social media considering his public persona. My guess is it’s fake. If not very few will give 2 fcks. We’re not nearly as obsessed about race as in the states. And what he’s said is in no way offensive unless you’re a delicate flower.

That being said I still think it’s bullshit. Who the fck is Eddie chambers after all

Last edited:
Eh, if I acted outraged now after looking past so many other dumb boxer moments or things said, well, itd make me a dingleberry.

I think the superior black race comment is kinda w/e, and I think they'll spin the story some way to make AJ look innocent, or they won't and I don't supppse it'll tarnish too much people's opinion of someone who punches people for a living that much. Either way, Im forgetting it happened already.

Dingleberry lol

It definitely came from his social media, there’s a video proving from Eddie Chambers’ coach proving it. I’m waiting on a statement from Matchroom.

If he's advised correctly, Joshua won't say anything about this and it will blow over. In general, boxers aren't big news in the UK except when fights are announced or during fight week. By the time of his next fight, not many will care.

People often express themselves differently online, or in text. And the point is, Joshua is a fake. I'm seeing no reason to believe this is fake.
I've seen plenty of AJ posts none of them are as badly spelt as this one. It's fake.

I've seen plenty of AJ posts none of them are as badly spelt as this one. It's fake.

Do you have any proof it's fake other than just suspecting it is because of the spelling in texts, where it's normal for people to slack on their spelling/grammar?

Do you have any proof it's fake other than just suspecting it is because of the spelling in texts, where it's normal for people to slack on their spelling/grammar?

Oh fuck off

Where is the proof it is real?

I don't know if that is real or not but I do not see any reason to believe it is fake right now. If real, it will be interesting to see how people respond in comparison to how they responded to Kovalev.

I didn't like Joshua before, so this doesn't change anything. Not sure it really would anyways. For the first time ever, I'm looking forward to Tyson Fury's response.

Last edited:
Really weird thing to say on social media considering his public persona. My guess is it’s fake. If not very few will give 2 fcks. We’re not nearly as obsessed about race as in the states. And what he’s said is in no way offensive unless you’re a delicate flower.

That being I still think it’s bullshit. Who the fck is Eddie chambers after all

agreed, the UK boxing forums are so much better than the US forums, me being an american by birth

i actually left one boxing forum because it was infested with black panthers parading as boxing fans.

it was fuken disgusting and an embarassment for americans in general because UK people probably think that we have fuked up social issues if they use the small sample size as a reference point

??????

... the video in the OP, maybe? He clicks on the link to the person who sent the message and it goes direct to Joshua's instagram. That's the proof it's real. Now the onus is on you to prove it's fake.
Goes to Joshua's Instagram which AJ's rep has said was hacked.... lets wait and hear from Joshua's camp. It doesn't make any sense, Eddie Chambers is a nobody. I'd be surprised if AJ even knows he is.

Amazing how few people believe it could be either legit or fake lol. How are you so sold one way or the other?

AJ reminds me of Jon Jones in a way, some ppl seem to think he has a fake good guy persona and therefore he's not being genuine. Then we find out he's actually kind of a dick. I don't know about this hacking stuff, but sometimes you gotta cop to who you are. I was always a fan of Bones but I never really cared whether he was pretending to play the good guy or not. I just liked watching him fight and he's from my neck of the woods so I liked him for that, too.

I think it was Breen who pointed out when ppl said Jones was cocky, back in his prime before all this shit, he basically said "he acts like how you'd expect one of the baddest dudes on the planet to act." Seems applicable to AJ here as well, assuming this is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back