Anthony Bourdain kills himself

you may not be PETA but you use the same shit tactic. You don't like that he eats meat so you have no issue slagging him.

If you knew anything about Bourdain you would see he has a true respect for any animal he eats. Far more than the typical grocery store meat buyer. He believes if you take its life you do not waste any of it out of respect. But keep spewing shit simply because you are angry he eats meat.

Oh come on man don't pretend like he cares. Look at how he cracks up about pigs dying towards the end of the video. Funny you left that part out. It is clear that he puts on this act to appear good to "animal lovers" such as yourself and yes you did call yourself that earlier. The guy lived for himself, look at what he left behind.

Well, I finally watched No Reservations first series. I knew about Bourdain for a long time, but I never watched his TV series, only some brief youtube stuff.

Interesting show but what I don't understand is why is he considered a dark humor guy and the bad guy of the culinary world. He looked like this skinny guy with a earring and with geeky humor and nerdy smile who mentions every episode that he smokes 2 or 3 packs a day. He didn't seem too direct or dark at all.

It's the same reason I won't play the lotto. I knew if I had everything I wanted/could buy at the drop of a hat I know I'd crash and burn shortly afterwards.
If someone gives you $10 mil right now you wont take it? I salute you then.

Yeah I always thought, if I worked at a suicide hotline, that would pretty much be one of my main go-to tactics.

“Sir, I understand that your stocks all crashed, and your wife left you for the pizza delivery guy. But do you watch Game of Thrones? I mean, Jon Snow and Khaleesi JUST started fucking. The whitewalkers FINALLY just got past the wall, to the main lands. Don’t you want to stick around for at least another year or two, & see what happens?”
i almost drowned 2 summers ago, and one of the key things that kept me fighting to stay alive was that I kept telling myself i had to live at least long enough to see the last season of GoT and Infinity War.

i almost drowned 2 summers ago, and one of the key things that kept me fighting to stay alive was that I kept telling myself i had to live at least long enough to see the last season of GoT and Infinity War.

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not, but either way I like the cut of your jib.

Oh come on man don't pretend like he cares. Look at how he cracks up about pigs dying towards the end of the video. Funny you left that part out. It is clear that he puts on this act to appear good to "animal lovers" such as yourself and yes you did call yourself that earlier. The guy lived for himself, look at what he left behind.
I do not agree with your classification of the pig thing.

I have been around animals being taken for slaughter before a meal. I was at a pig roast in Cuba for a New Years celebration where we were lucky enough to be invited by locals to the dinner. It was an all day event with us hanging out with the very poorest of the poor people with the slaughter taking place at mid day for the dinner later. this is one of the only times in a year many of these people get meat. This pig was owned jointly by about 200 people who lived in the rundown complex and i can tell you when they brought the pig into the compound courtyard prior to the slaughter there was all sorts of dark humour jokes and comments about the eventual slaughter.

Look, few people truly enjoy the process of food animal slaughter. There are few ego driven hunters, like Trumps son, who seem to delight in it, food or not, but for most the process is a necessary evil part of the process of eating meat. For the rest of us, meat eaters it is what it is and there is often a little uncomfortable joking and black humour comments in the process. Many vegans would point at that and say 'see, why do you guys eat meat then' which is the wrong question as you can recognize and not be 100% comfortable with a process and yet still believe it is the right thing to do.

I am sure I have watched far more episodes of Anthony Bourdain shows than you have. I am pretty sure, since you don't like him you do not watch and instead are informed by what you most read about him, the bulk of the vitriol I have seen directed or originated by PETA types or the more militant vegans. Guys looking to narrow focus on comments or sound bites to create a polarizing political image. I can tell you from direct observation that few celebrity chefs show more respect or reverence for the food we eat. He was one of the first to really start pushing the nose to tail consumption of the animal so there is near zero waste. And to do so in a way that was not a freak show chef show where they were trying to gross you out with what they were eating. He was trying to get us to appreciate the other, typical waste parts of the animal.

He has entirely changed my view to food and I try to also now eat more like him if I am eating meat. Meaning I have been trying to broaden to items I would prior consider gross or waste.

Sorry but you really do have the wrong guy if you do not think he had great respect for the entire process from raising to consumption of food animals.

The guy lived for himself, look at what he left behind.

i assume youre referring to his daughter?

ive wondered about this, not just with bourdain but with other parents who off themselves. i would speculate that lots of them may be so self loathing that they may feel their family better off without them.

Well, I finally watched No Reservations first series. I knew about Bourdain for a long time, but I never watched his TV series, only some brief youtube stuff.

Interesting show but what I don't understand is why is he considered a dark humor guy and the bad guy of the culinary world. He looked like this skinny guy with a earring and with geeky humor and nerdy smile who mentions every episode that he smokes 2 or 3 packs a day. He didn't seem too direct or dark at all.
He gained notoriety with his first book, not the shows where he already(probably) sobered up.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2000/aug/12/features.weekend

I can’t tell if you’re serious or not, but either way I like the cut of your jib.
Lol 100% serious.
Literally drowning...life didn't flash before my eyes ..i didn't think of loved ones, or regrets, or things i still wanted to do in life, i thought about having to stay alive to watch the finale of Game of Thrones. Literally kept telling myself "i can't die yet, not until GoT is complete."
#Jon Snow bless

Well, depends on how much evidence is enough to convince you. She made the post with the "As above, so below" pose. We've seen other self proclaimed witches call for protection spells on her. We also have seen her posing with one eye symbolism.

th

Asia-Argento-Instagram-all-seeing-eye-nodens-typhon.jpg

Here she is doing the one eye symbolism on her own daughter.

2018-06-14-21_52_49-Start.png

She also has the occult number 23 tattooed on the back of her neck and an all seeing eye on her shoulder blade.

th

More modified Baphomet, pyramid and all seeing eye, as well as the 666 hand sign.

2018-06-14-15_42_54-Start.png

Devil's horns plus one eye symbolism.

2018-06-14-15_38_23-Start.png

All I'm saying is I find it strange a seemingly level headed guy like Bourdain was with her.

damn. and i am saying maybe he not as levelheaded as we thought.

Somebody shouts “GUN!” and the next thing I know Parts Unknown director Mo Fallon drops his camera, drags me to the floor of a crowded restaurant, and covers me with his body. A split second later, assistant cameraman Josh Flannigan piles on. Mo has his back to the potential shooter, shielding me. The danger passed quickly. Two car thieves, struggling with the ignition, had allowed their stolen vehicle to drift into the curb in front of the cafe where we were shooting a scene. Witnesses tried to drag them out of the car — at which point one of the thieves produced a weapon. After a tense moment the two were (wisely) allowed to flee the scene unmolested. As I got up from the ground, I think my first words to Mo were, “If your wife finds out about this, she is going to kill you.” My crew is not the Secret Service. And I sure as shit ain’t the president. This kind of behavior, while flattering — and, well, frankly, heroic — is above and beyond the call of duty. I can —let’s face it — be replaced. I returned to the table to continue talking about the cuisine of Minas Gerais . But in light of what had just transpired, I was thinking, Damn! Now I’ve gotta be nice to them. What does one do for people who risk their life for you? A fruit basket isn’t enough. I don’t want you to think Minas Gerais, a beautiful and mountainous agricultural area of Brazil, is a dangerous place. Brazil can be dangerous, for sure. It’s a country where the divide between rich and poor is striking and severe. But shit happens. It could have happened in New York or Dubuque. That it happened with us right there, cameras rolling, was one of the many flukes of the road. Travel long enough and you see stuff like that. A rule of the road, learned long ago, is that everything is fine. Until it isn’t. Do NOT let this brief moment discourage you from visiting Minas Gerais. It is beautiful. It is soulful, with a cuisine and a style all its own. It is unlike Rio or São Paulo or Salvador or Belém or anywhere else we’ve been in Brazil. It’s where so many of the cooks from the best restaurants in Brazil come from — and when you spend time there, you discover exactly why the best chefs in São Paulo brag that their cooks “come from Minas.” It is truly a “part unknown,” in that it is relatively undiscovered by tourists. And the batshit-crazy amazing art gallery, Inhotim—it’s spread throughout acres of jungle — is reason alone to visit. The food is hearty and comforting and delicious, reflecting the demanding appetites of hard-working farming communities. The people are lovely. And the mix of blood and culture is inspiring. Go there.

Great read.

Yeah I recently watched the two Japan episodes, and in both of them there were suicide references or hanging.

Of course, if he had died in a car crash, maybe we would suddenly be noticing lots of "man I'd love to take that car for a joyride" or "I'd probably drive off a bridge if that happened" type comments. The guy has a zillion hours of content out there

I am watching no reservation and I think in the first episode season one he starts talking about killing him self.
He does that in every 2 or 3 episode through out the series.
In the Sweden episode he fake hangs him self in a prison cell.
I think he has been suicidal for years. Nobody just caught it.

Probably because she's like that. A lot of depressed people subconsciously seek out other people that are into dark shit or are in some way chaotic. Like attracts like more often than opposites attract.
I can tell a chick has certain issues just by how drawn to her I am.

I can tell a chick has certain issues just by how drawn to her I am.
Haha I was just having that conversation with a buddy the other day. If I'm super attracted to a girl I usually know right away that she's crazy, and can pinpoint the exact type of crazy she will be,

Making a travel/food show until Israel and Hezbollah decided to turn the Beirut into a war zone.

Like @therealdope said, this chick may have been bad for him, but his suicide is on him

Back