Another Reason to Hate Millennials - Rated Worst Tippers

Some cheeky cunts have tip jars though, trying to double dip.
tumblr_inline_mh6w3x4UQX1qz6f4b.gif

You know what I didn't do when I was a struggling 20 something, trying to work through college and get my career started.

Eat out on a regular basis.
Oh yea. Make her earn it.

Such people are of course often paid so poorly that tips are needed to bring them to minimum wage level in the US and ultimately shouldn't it be up to the employer to see that people can do their jobs?

When I owned my restaurant, servers were paid more than minimum wage.

Worst culture you can create in that environment is servers vs runners vs kitchen fighting for share of tips.

In my experience.

I hate the tipping culture we have in North America but I do tip waiters (15% if it's good, 20 if it's great 0% if it's shit) and my barber (20%). I refuse to tip taxi drivers though, it makes absolutely no sense and they are probably already cheating me anyway so they can go fuck themselves.

Tips are stupid. Businesses should pay their servers adequate wages. Subsidizing their overhead because they're too miserly to pay it themselves should be made obsolete.
The service in the US compared to where I live (Australia) is night and day, when theres a tip involved people put the extra in and dont get me started on the price difference to eat out

The service in the US compared to where I live (Australia) is night and day, when theres a tip involved people put the extra in and dont get me started on the price difference to eat out

I'd be interested to hear more about the typical service and pricing in Australia. All most of us have to go is theories in reality.

I know it was a good feeling to kick ass on a table and get a nice tip afterwards. Most people really appreciate when you work hard to give them a nice experience.

Then there's other who just feel entitled to it. I guess your experience back home might shed some light on what really would happen.

Americans with their tipping, yards, miles, acres and whatnot.

<36>
Don't forget the penny and electoral college. But yes, Liberia, Myanmar and good ole Murica are the only 3 countries in the world who don't use the metric system as the official unit of measurement. Yee haw!

download.jpeg

Americans go way overboard with tipping.

I tip delivery drivers (if i have change) and I tip the server at a restaurant. Occasionally, I'll tip a taxi or an Uber driver if it was a long journey and they were good company. Anything more than that, is a little excessive to my millennial point-of-view.

I was mortified to learn recently that I'm technically a millennial

Don't forget the penny and electoral college. But yes, Liberia, Myanmar and good ole Murica are the only 3 countries in the world who don't use the metric system as the official unit of measurement. Yee haw!

View attachment 396141

And yet Murica runs the planet and there isn't even a competitor. So, yeah, I think I can manage to live without the almighty metric system rofl

BUT, what kills me even more is that later in the article, millennials say would prefer to "Pay More" for their food or services instead of tip. I've heard this bounced around before and it makes no fucking sense. The Tip is the reward/motivation for someone to provide good service. Whether it's a shoe shine, serving food or giving a ride. If the tip is already included, when the service is shitty, you still have to still pay the same amount...

Tipping needs to go away. Too many cheap skates who game the system for it to even be worth while. It's an archaic practice and there are too many instances of money that is not tax getting over to the staff. If I have to pay taxes to uncle sam for every penny from my corporate gig so should the bar tender for every penny.

Where I live, servers get paid minimum wage. I always try to leave a little bit extra depending on the quality but it is 100% extra. I get that the job isn't easy and involves putting up with people's bullshit which is never fun but tons of jobs aren't fun that also pay minimum wage and don't involve opportunities for tips. I don't mind tipping at places I frequent because I want them to do well, but I also know the workers there are getting paid at least minimum wage. I still find it weird that parts of the country aren't like this and justify paying servers such shit wages.

Businesses that expect their customers tip the servers should state this in writing on the outside of their establishments as well as on the front covers of their menus. Such language should also include penalties for not tipping, including assault by the servers and/or law enforcement.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/millennials-worst-tippers-survey-says-120422248.html

This is so great. It completely explains why there are so many "Tipping" threads on this site... with people trying to justify their cheapness and attempting to rally more posters to their side to help ease their self loathing, which is already soul crushing. Even better is the significant percentage of millennials who don't tip at all.

I love the rational.

For the most part, they're broke. Cool Story Bro, way to pass on your misery to the Server you just fucked, who's probably also a millennial.

You know what I didn't do when I was a struggling 20 something, trying to work through college and get my career started.

BUT, what kills me even more is that later in the article, millennials say would prefer to "Pay More" for their food or services instead of tip. I've heard this bounced around before and it makes no fucking sense. The Tip is the reward/motivation for someone to provide good service. Whether it's a shoe shine, serving food or giving a ride. If the tip is already included, when the service is shitty, you still have to still pay the same amount...

Is it just sheer laziness on their part that they don't want to tip separately? Is math that hard? Seriously, help me understand this.

I think it's pretty simple. They are working crazy hours for low wages and they don't have the skills or time to cook and clean at the house. So they eat out, but don't make much money so they tip less.

Although this is all pure speculation because it's impossible to do a real study on this. Nearly all food service is unchecked. It's not like they ask how old you are when you go out and eat and most tips are cash tips.

I pay 20% when I tip because it's easy to do the math.

More about this study from Yahoo... First they only asked 1000 total participants. There's 83 million millennials in the United States. This study is just bullshit. It's no more reliable than me going to the bridge and asking if the homeless people underneath do crack then saying I did a study that shows 100% of adults are crack heads.

I'd be interested to hear more about the typical service and pricing in Australia. All most of us have to go is theories in reality.

I know it was a good feeling to kick ass on a table and get a nice tip afterwards. Most people really appreciate when you work hard to give them a nice experience.

Then there's other who just feel entitled to it. I guess your experience back home might shed some light on what really would happen.
Service is basically non existent, you get seated then majority of the time you have to get someones attention if you want another drink or the likes, but most of the time if theres a bar where your eating you'll get your own drinks. Price wise for me and partner to eat out at our local Japanses restaurant (the service is great here) will cost around $150 thats with 4 dishes and 1 drink each (1pot of sake and a beers)

As you all know I’m part owner of a few spots in jersey.

I filled in behind the bar last night for someone who needed the night off. Made a cool $425 on a Tuesday.

That’s hard to make without tips. We also pay more hourly than most places.

Thank god ,where Im from, people are actually get paid to do their jobs by their employers and not by the customers. I guess the Millennials are also too broke to tip if they could.

I keep getting yelled at by my peers when I tip. Mostly because when I tip with the card, I tip to the exact cent. If 20% is 3.15, I'll put 3.15, not round up to $4.

Also, 15-20% is the range I grew up on, yet now my friends will give me a dirty look if I try to tip only 20% even on a mediocre server. Dafuq?
What the fuck? 20% is very generous

And yet Murica runs the planet and there isn't even a competitor. So, yeah, I think I can manage to live without the almighty metric system rofl
You mean "runs the planet into destruction," right? You realize that every day that goes by we destroy this world and Murica leads the way? Other countries are trying to live our consumerist, wasteful, excessive lifestlye and that's gonna be it for this world.

Why do you think rich motherfuckers are trying to colonize space? They realize this planet doesn't have much time left. We're gonna fuck it up beyond repair. It's what we do. I just hope I'm dead by the time it gets really bad.

I'm sure you don't give a shit about any of this, but you will when things start to get worse.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/millennials-worst-tippers-survey-says-120422248.html

This is so great. It completely explains why there are so many "Tipping" threads on this site... with people trying to justify their cheapness and attempting to rally more posters to their side to help ease their self loathing, which is already soul crushing. Even better is the significant percentage of millennials who don't tip at all.

I love the rational.

For the most part, they're broke. Cool Story Bro, way to pass on your misery to the Server you just fucked, who's probably also a millennial.

Is it just sheer laziness on their part that they don't want to tip separately? Is math that hard? Seriously, help me understand this.

Cool story.

Millenials have served overseas in war since 2001....what deployments were occuring between vietnam and 1980s please remind me??

Millenials also suffering from the economic breakdown caused by the previous generations relentless fucking borrowing, 0% down mortgages and credit card lifestyles. Not to mention college costs are massively higher than the previous generations.

I tip, but if someone doesnt I couldnt give two fucks. I didnt choose to be a waiter- THEY did. Can't enjoy a capitalist society without that kind of FUCK YOU attitude.

Back