Another Reason to Hate Millennials - Rated Worst Tippers

Tipping is a stupid culture. All it does is allow lazy people to feel entitled to something that they didn't earn.

Tipping should be exclusively for services performed above and beyond the expectations.

Nowadays a shit waitress who doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground, can't remember who ordered what, is rude, ugly, slow, lazy, and just a generally shitty worker "deserves" to be tipped at 20% because it has become standard practice culturally?

Nope, I will make my own decisions. I will tip anywhere from over 100% (very rarely) all the way down to a penny (just so they know I didn't forget). My tip is completely based on performance and varies all the time.

You dont. Open your eyes and dont be an asshole.

If you dont tip anything your waiter is paying for you to eat and consuming their time with you decreasing other potentially tipping tables.

You are stealing from them
Steal from the wrong person on the wrong day, you could get fucked up.

Hahaha

savage bro, savage
thug for life bro

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/millennials-worst-tippers-survey-says-120422248.html

This is so great. It completely explains why there are so many "Tipping" threads on this site... with people trying to justify their cheapness and attempting to rally more posters to their side to help ease their self loathing, which is already soul crushing. Even better is the significant percentage of millennials who don't tip at all.

I love the rational.

For the most part, they're broke. Cool Story Bro, way to pass on your misery to the Server you just fucked, who's probably also a millennial.

You know what I didn't do when I was a struggling 20 something, trying to work through college and get my career started.

Eat out on a regular basis.

BUT, what kills me even more is that later in the article, millennials say would prefer to "Pay More" for their food or services instead of tip. I've heard this bounced around before and it makes no fucking sense. The Tip is the reward/motivation for someone to provide good service. Whether it's a shoe shine, serving food or giving a ride. If the tip is already included, when the service is shitty, you still have to still pay the same amount...

Is it just sheer laziness on their part that they don't want to tip separately? Is math that hard? Seriously, help me understand this.
What year were you born?

The Tip is the reward/motivation for someone to provide good service. .

No, it's not!
If I go somewhere with someone and we ask for a couple of beers we would leave a tip. But for what? For a good service of bringing the beer? Anyfuckingbody can do it!

People leave tips because THE OTHERS leave tips and because they feel sorry due to the poor wages of the people who serve you.

Also, you don't leave tips to a store because the woman who sold you the icecream was polite and friendly.
Or to the teacher of your son because she taught him well.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/millennials-worst-tippers-survey-says-120422248.html

This is so great. It completely explains why there are so many "Tipping" threads on this site... with people trying to justify their cheapness and attempting to rally more posters to their side to help ease their self loathing, which is already soul crushing. Even better is the significant percentage of millennials who don't tip at all.

I love the rational.

For the most part, they're broke. Cool Story Bro, way to pass on your misery to the Server you just fucked, who's probably also a millennial.

You know what I didn't do when I was a struggling 20 something, trying to work through college and get my career started.

Eat out on a regular basis.

BUT, what kills me even more is that later in the article, millennials say would prefer to "Pay More" for their food or services instead of tip. I've heard this bounced around before and it makes no fucking sense. The Tip is the reward/motivation for someone to provide good service. Whether it's a shoe shine, serving food or giving a ride. If the tip is already included, when the service is shitty, you still have to still pay the same amount...

Is it just sheer laziness on their part that they don't want to tip separately? Is math that hard? Seriously, help me understand this.
Most people on here are millennials, you'd have to at least be 36 right now to be too old to be one.

Btw, a " millennial" is anyone who hit adulthood in the new millennia. So if you were born in 1982 or after, that's you.

Tipping is retarded. I either cook or get carry out. I can't believe there are people here who defend it

Dude I can guarantee you that an overwhelming majority of servers would take a stable pay scenario over tip-based, for every one personable server you have a dozen who would be better off with higher hourly. Being reliant on occupancy and people's benevolence <<< knowing that you get paid either way. I'm not particularly bothered by the tip math - I do it for my friends all the time because for some reason percentage math in the low hundreds causes a lot of people here brain anneurisms, but it's even better when there's none of that
When I cooked at the Hustler club I would have hated to have to rely on a high hourly wage. Dudes tipped huge to impress the girls and that made up around 90% of our money.

Lol at all you losers saying owners should pay a better wage and stop the practice of tipping.

I hope you like waiting 20 minutes for your drinks while your food is being destroyed under the heat lamp because your $9 an hour server is outside by the dumpster taking his 9th smoke break of the night.

Lol at all you losers saying owners should pay a better wage and stop the practice of tipping.

I hope you like waiting 20 minutes for your drinks while your food is being destroyed under the heat lamp because your $9 an hour server is outside by the dumpster taking his 9th smoke break of the night.

Lol at idiots who think that this kind of behavior would actually persist - bad service would drive people elsewhere. Paying living wage != communism. In every other industry it's a standard and in none of them do we complain - except in food industry. It's a bogus argument.

Dude I can guarantee you that an overwhelming majority of servers would take a stable pay scenario over tip-based, for every one personable server you have a dozen who would be better off with higher hourly. Being reliant on occupancy and people's benevolence <<< knowing that you get paid either way. I'm not particularly bothered by the tip math - I do it for my friends all the time because for some reason percentage math in the low hundreds causes a lot of people here brain anneurisms, but it's even better when there's none of that
If you don't know shit about the service industry maybe you should shut up?

The whole reason a person becomes a server is so they can make the same money in tips working 4-6 hours as they would make in a 8-10 Hour shift at $10-12 an hour.

When I cooked at the Hustler club I would have hated to have to rely on a high hourly wage. Dudes tipped huge to impress the girls and that made up around 90% of our money.

That's great - for you, but you're hardly the average, are you now?

Lol at idiots who think that this kind of behavior would actually persist - bad service would drive people elsewhere. Paying living wage != communism. In every other industry it's a standard and in none of them do we complain - except in food industry. It's a bogus argument.
To get servers to act right you would have to pay them $15 an hour and up. Even then maybe not. A good server can draw in far more than $15 an hour in tips.

Once again, if you don't know shit about the service industry maybe you should shut up.

Millenials can't cook which doesn't help either. Millenials are garbage, but to be fair, their parents are to blame. How do you have a daughter and not teach her how to fucking cook? It's such a vital life skill.
Self hating rural male millenial heard from

If you don't know shit about the service industry maybe you should shut up?

The whole reason a person becomes a server is so they can make the same money in tips working 4-6 hours as they would make in a 8-10 Hour shift at $10-12 an hour.

And they make that on average? Stats son, where they at? Having to be super pleasant and sometimes flirt and shit to get paid a living wage is better than an extra hour of not having to do that or rely on high traffic?

You'll always find people who are naturally more sociable and personable to support tipping - they benefirlt from it the most. My point is that being that way should not be necessary. It's not a core competence for that job. The job is to serve food. Having to socialize or be extra nice for a living wage is an additional ask, one we should not have to make - because we don't do it anywhere else.

To get servers to act right you would have to pay them $15 an hour and up. Even then maybe not. A good server can draw in far more than $15 an hour in tips.

Once again, if you don't know shit about the service industry maybe you should shut up.

If your servers are bad, fire them. There's plenty of people who'll do a great job for that kind of money. You're pulling numbers out of your ass.

Not true, most customer service style jobs are commission based.

I found tipping hard to figure out for a bit in the states but got the hang I think, usually 15% unless the service was really good.Gave no tip once but the waitress was really fucken rude and deserved it.

We don't tip over here, our service staff don't get paid like paupers. Some cheeky cunts have tip jars though, trying to double dip.

Tipping is a stupid culture. All it does is allow lazy people to feel entitled to something that they didn't earn.

Tipping should be exclusively for services performed above and beyond the expectations.

Nowadays a shit waitress who doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground, can't remember who ordered what, is rude, ugly, slow, lazy, and just a generally shitty worker "deserves" to be tipped at 20% because it has become standard practice culturally?

Nope, I will make my own decisions. I will tip anywhere from over 100% (very rarely) all the way down to a penny (just so they know I didn't forget). My tip is completely based on performance and varies all the time.

Such people are of course often paid so poorly that tips are needed to bring them to minimum wage level in the US and ultimately shouldn't it be up to the employer to see that people can do their jobs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back