Anderson Silva has had more boring fights than GSP.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BoD 2.0, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Flokk

Flokk Faux Belt

<WellThere>

2. Lemmy

Lemmy Armani Belt

just to state how low was the level att, i still remember Leben calling Silva previous opponents in Japan "weak" in the prefight.
    and i enjoyed the clinic Silva putted on him.

Cake4Breakfast likes this.
  3. A.S. Deep

A.S. Deep Brown Belt

Funny enough I recently watched a bunch of GSP fights for the first time with my fiancé but warned her they might be boring. After watching the fights we were both confused why GSP is called boring. Pre-Serra GSP was a killer and after that he was a genius tactician. Though we haven't seen the Shields fight yet.

BoD 2.0 likes this.
  4. Mamou

Mamou Purple Belt

No, he just got finished by a reality show contestant instead. And he didn't even have double knee surgery weeks prior to fighting...

So impressive

Dozer . likes this.
  5. Cake4Breakfast

Cake4Breakfast Gold Belt

yeah, it was jaw dropping, I had never seen Silva fight before that, had just seen him on fight finder.:D

6. pvora90266

pvora90266 Purple Belt

Oh I didn't? I bet you are such a hardcore MMA fan, I mean you are one of five people in the world to have seen that fight...lol ok...

7. Mamou

Mamou Purple Belt

Please tell me about all these killers that GSP fought at WW. The WW division was no different than the MW division. They both got significantly better with the WEC/Strikeforce merger.

Dozer . likes this.
  8. Lint2

Lint2 Purple Belt

'nuff said.

9. BoD 2.0

BoD 2.0 Brown Belt

He got caught by a shot behind the ear lol he then came back and destroyed him in the rematch.

90 50 likes this.
  10. JfPuffNStuff

JfPuffNStuff Green Belt

Silva has some of the best finishes in the sport but at least GSP didn’t dance around like a clown like Silva did in multiple fights with Leites, Maia, Cote and Weidman and accomplish nothing. I’m pretty sure Dana never threatened to cut GSP over any performances either. GSP is more boring overall but Silvas fights I mentioned above were a complete disgrace. Ive never been so happy for someone to be KO’d than I was when Weidman ended the clown show for good. Add in Silva has failed multiple tests for PEDS. SIlva can fuck off for good for all I care.

11. Lint2

Lint2 Purple Belt

I think people tend to complain more about GSP boringness after he lost to Serra, he kinda turned into the decisionator.

To be honest that was indeed such a waste of potential, we could have had a killer, but GSP decided to be the bureaucrat of UFC just to avoid losing one time or another as if we would care.

A.S. Deep likes this.
  12. JfPuffNStuff

JfPuffNStuff Green Belt

Silva didn’t make it exciting. Nick did. Nick is a Badass.

Summoning likes this.
  13. BRUNKBOY

BRUNKBOY White Belt

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahah.............................................................................................................................................,,,

14. OmegaRugal

OmegaRugal Black Belt

Instead he has a fight losing to a struggling Overweight WW via tapping to strikes.

Thats much better ... somehow.

Dozer . likes this.
  15. BoD 2.0

BoD 2.0 Brown Belt

No. But that IS better than losing to Ryo Chonan lol. Don’t play this game. Stick to arguing how exciting Silva was, because GSP beats him in resume by a WIDE margin.

JfPuffNStuff likes this.
  16. 90 50

90 50 Black Belt

It wasn’t all about the fear of losing he’s said many times he feels the challenger need to bring the fight to the champ and he gave them all the time they needed to try and do so.

He loves a challenge and I think deep down he wanted them to challenge them.

He has an almost perfect finishing record when he himself is the challenger.

17. 90 50

90 50 Black Belt

As noted before a once in a million behind the ear shot landed , that will screw up anyone’s equilibrium.

Watch the rematch it was total domination from start to finish. Serra had literally nothing for him.

18. Lint2

Lint2 Purple Belt

It's kinda like saying "Only the champion is allowed to LNP", it seems a lot that he's trying to paint a better picture of what he became.

All in all if he wanted a challenge he should certainly not fight the safest_way_possible like he used to do. (And he openly admitted it)

Had him lost 5 times but put up great fights (often like what he used to do before Serra) he'd be considered GOAT, but right now he's just the old version of Khabib, with a loss on his record.

Dozer . likes this.
  19. Psychojoe86

Psychojoe86 Brown Belt

Machida has a similar fighting style and level of excitement. He would be rather inactive offensively and then suddenly nail a superb ko. It’s just how the styles are I suppose.

I don’t find gsp boring at all. And I’ve been disappointed in both him and Anderson in some performances. Sometimes the fight doesn’t just go as flawlessly as we hope when we hold our fav fighters to such extraordinary standards.

20. beastman

beastman Silver Belt

Matrix Anderson was the bomb

Dozer . and JackSchtotll like this.