Anderson Silva has had more boring fights than GSP.

You are forgetting that Leben had won 5 straight UFC fights at the time of that fight, and if the UFC had not signed Silva at that point, Leben would have gotten a shot at Franklin.

just to state how low was the level att, i still remember Leben calling Silva previous opponents in Japan "weak" in the prefight.
and i enjoyed the clinic Silva putted on him.

Vs who? Which of the following fights did you find boring?
Serra 1 or 2 -- NO
Kos 1 or 2 -- No, but I can see an argument for the second fight being a jab fest
Fitch -- No
Hughes 1, 2 or 3 -- No
Penn 2 -- No
Alves -- No
Hardy -- Not boring, but annoying he didn't get the finish
Shields -- Boring
Diaz -- Boring, but it was Nicks fault
Hendricks - No
Bisping - No
Funny enough I recently watched a bunch of GSP fights for the first time with my fiancé but warned her they might be boring. After watching the fights we were both confused why GSP is called boring. Pre-Serra GSP was a killer and after that he was a genius tactician. Though we haven't seen the Shields fight yet.

You're right. GSP has no fights where he was losing to a tomato can, and then pulled a submission out of his ass to win

No, he just got finished by a reality show contestant instead. And he didn't even have double knee surgery weeks prior to fighting...

So impressive

just to state how low was the level att, i still remember Leben calling Silva previous opponents in Japan "weak" in the prefight.
and i enjoyed the clinic Silva putted on him.

yeah, it was jaw dropping, I had never seen Silva fight before that, had just seen him on fight finder.:D

You didn't actually see the Maia fight.
Oh I didn't? I bet you are such a hardcore MMA fan, I mean you are one of five people in the world to have seen that fight...lol ok...

The Hughes rematch when George’s first took the belt was a masterpiece, I doubt Anderson couldn’t have handled Hughes as easily then.

And Anderson had the luck of MW being weak amen not having a lot of real killers challenging him.

Would have like to see the hendicks that fought GSP fight Anderson. That might have told us somethings. CHeal took into to him until the end. Hendricks might have laid his ass out.

Please tell me about all these killers that GSP fought at WW. The WW division was no different than the MW division. They both got significantly better with the WEC/Strikeforce merger.

No, he just got finished by a reality show contestant instead. And he didn't even have double knee surgery weeks prior to fighting...

So impressive
He got caught by a shot behind the ear lol he then came back and destroyed him in the rematch.

Silva has some of the best finishes in the sport but at least GSP didn’t dance around like a clown like Silva did in multiple fights with Leites, Maia, Cote and Weidman and accomplish nothing. I’m pretty sure Dana never threatened to cut GSP over any performances either. GSP is more boring overall but Silvas fights I mentioned above were a complete disgrace. Ive never been so happy for someone to be KO’d than I was when Weidman ended the clown show for good. Add in Silva has failed multiple tests for PEDS. SIlva can fuck off for good for all I care.

Funny enough I recently watched a bunch of GSP fights for the first time with my fiancé but warned her they might be boring. After watching the fights we were both confused why GSP is called boring. Pre-Serra GSP was a killer and after that he was a genius tactician. Though we haven't seen the Shields fight yet.
I think people tend to complain more about GSP boringness after he lost to Serra, he kinda turned into the decisionator.

To be honest that was indeed such a waste of potential, we could have had a killer, but GSP decided to be the bureaucrat of UFC just to avoid losing one time or another as if we would care.

WTF? People really believe the Diaz fight was boring???

ffb97fb22f13fda4c1f28941a2cd7e9b.jpg

I love this fight, Nick was a totally bad ass.

Silva didn’t make it exciting. Nick did. Nick is a Badass.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahah.............................................................................................................................................,,,

You're right. GSP has no fights where he was losing to a tomato can, and then pulled a submission out of his ass to win

Instead he has a fight losing to a struggling Overweight WW via tapping to strikes.

Thats much better ... somehow.

Instead he has a fight losing to a struggling Overweight WW via tapping to strikes.

Thats much better ... somehow.
No. But that IS better than losing to Ryo Chonan lol. Don’t play this game. Stick to arguing how exciting Silva was, because GSP beats him in resume by a WIDE margin.

I think people tend to complain more about GSP boringness after he lost to Serra, he kinda turned into the decisionator.

To be honest that was indeed such a waste of potential, we could have had a killer, but GSP decided to be the bureaucrat of UFC just to avoid losing one time or another as if we would care.

It wasn’t all about the fear of losing he’s said many times he feels the challenger need to bring the fight to the champ and he gave them all the time they needed to try and do so.

He loves a challenge and I think deep down he wanted them to challenge them.

He has an almost perfect finishing record when he himself is the challenger.

So impressive

As noted before a once in a million behind the ear shot landed , that will screw up anyone’s equilibrium.

Watch the rematch it was total domination from start to finish. Serra had literally nothing for him.

It wasn’t all about the fear of losing he’s said many times he feels the challenger need to bring the fight to the champ and he gave them all the time they needed to try and do so.

He loves a challenge and I think deep down he wanted them to challenge them.

He has an almost perfect finishing record when he himself is the challenger.
It's kinda like saying "Only the champion is allowed to LNP", it seems a lot that he's trying to paint a better picture of what he became.

All in all if he wanted a challenge he should certainly not fight the safest_way_possible like he used to do. (And he openly admitted it)

Had him lost 5 times but put up great fights (often like what he used to do before Serra) he'd be considered GOAT, but right now he's just the old version of Khabib, with a loss on his record.

Your opinion is totally fair but when I look at both of them fight, I found that 1 fought for 25 minutes, where the other one wouldn't fight unless the opponent engaged, which is why I found Georges more exciting.

No question though, Anderson's highlight reel of FINISHES are pretty much unmatched. His finishes were exciting finishes but up to the finishes, I didn't find him very exciting. Georges didn't have the spectacular finishes outside of a few but he fought hard and was always the aggressor, always pushing the action from bell to bell.
Machida has a similar fighting style and level of excitement. He would be rather inactive offensively and then suddenly nail a superb ko. It’s just how the styles are I suppose.

I don’t find gsp boring at all. And I’ve been disappointed in both him and Anderson in some performances. Sometimes the fight doesn’t just go as flawlessly as we hope when we hold our fav fighters to such extraordinary standards.

Back