Anderson Silva has had more boring fights than GSP.

Most people that use Silva vs Maia as an example of a boring Anderson Silva fight, didn't actually see the fight. They just heard/read someone else say it was boring and regurgitate that.
Plus, Anderson was literally toying with Maia. At one point he was mak8ng believe he was hiding behind ref cause DEMIEN was " too much " for him. It was actually unprofessional and inappropriate but I "lol-ed" anyways

I didn't particularly find Silva to be an exciting fighter. He had fantastic finishes but what exactly is exciting about a guy that never engages his opponents ever?

GSP never sat back waiting for something to happen. He pushed the pace from bell to bell, hurt or not, he was the aggressor 99% of the time.

I didn't particularly find Silva to be an exciting fighter. He had fantastic finishes but what exactly is exciting about a guy that never engages his opponents ever?

GSP never sat back waiting for something to happen. He pushed the pace from bell to bell, hurt or not, he was the aggressor 99% of the time.

The guy has the best HL reel in MMA history and you don't find him exciting. There must be something wrong with you.

WTF? People really believe the Diaz fight was boring???

ffb97fb22f13fda4c1f28941a2cd7e9b.jpg

I love this fight, Nick was a totally bad ass.
TS Didn't watch any of Anderson Silvia's fights he went on wikipedia to look at his record and assumed all the decision wins were boring.

The guy has the best HL reel in MMA history and you don't find him exciting. There must be something wrong with you.
lol reading comprehension is not your strong suit, I see. Even besides the fact you clearly didn't read my post, what makes you think everyone enjoys the exact same fighter, just because you like said fighter?

I find Tony Ferguson awesome and don't understand the hate but guess what, tons of people dislike him and guess what again? They're entitled to their own opinion.

TS Didn't watch any of Anderson Silvia's fights he went on wikipedia to look at his record and assumed all the decision wins were boring.
Really? You think the Leites fight was entertaining? The Cote fight was awful, and Cote was tailor made for Anderson to destroy. The Diaz fight was painful to watch. And the Maia fight almost got him kicked out of the UFC lol

I found v. Chael 1 to be boring but the ending made it one of the greatest fights ever for me.

Silva is the goat.

The arguments in this thread are causing ppl to lash out with too much hate.

Anderson Silva and gsp both had drastically different methods of dominating the competition.

It’s my opinion that Anderson’s fights were more exciting

Prove_Me_Wrong.jpg

1. Silva vs Leites
2. Silva vs Maia
3. Silva vs Diaz
4. Silva vs Brunson

Those fights should be shown at insomnia clinics.
How many highlight reel knockouts did GSP have. I love Georges, but your argument is faulty

method=get&s=gsp-02-04-2016-17-8-0-755.png

tbh we can talk about some of these fights.

Leben: exciting fighter but always limited and with no other skills than durability and chin, a fight booked to make Silva shine against a perfectly suited opponent
Lutter: a fight in which he pulled off a finish but a fight that he was losing
Henderson: he lost the first round decisively, then he pulled out another finish
Irvin: a "circus "fight between a huge MW and a really mediocre fighter that couldn't cut anymore
Griffin: while way better than Irvin we are talking about a fighter never considered really "elite", his heart and his TUF participation were the reasons of his popularity (and his "win" against Rampage is still debatable, while i think judges scored correctly as i can remember)
Sonnen: first fight was almost embarrassing, the second one started same way before Sonnen went full retard (on top of that i still think Sonnen talked his way to the ts)
Bonnar: like Griffin, he was evenpretty much retired att, never been a A grade fighter, even at his peak before TUF

GSP may be "boring" but his only fight in which he looked like he cannot impose his will was the last defense against Hendrix, a huge WW who literally fell in a downward spiral after USADA and that embarrassed himself with the talk about steroid and the WADA stuff before the fight.
On top of that i cannot remember an undeserved contender for GSP, Diaz apart, even Hardy - who was nowhere near a legit ts - was the best fighter available between the ones GSP had not already beaten.

You are forgetting that Leben had won 5 straight UFC fights at the time of that fight, and if the UFC had not signed Silva at that point, Leben would have gotten a shot at Franklin.

The arguments in this thread are causing ppl to lash out with too much hate.

Anderson Silva and gsp both had drastically different methods of dominating the competition.

It’s my opinion that Anderson’s fights were more exciting
Your opinion is totally fair but when I look at both of them fight, I found that 1 fought for 25 minutes, where the other one wouldn't fight unless the opponent engaged, which is why I found Georges more exciting.

No question though, Anderson's highlight reel of FINISHES are pretty much unmatched. His finishes were exciting finishes but up to the finishes, I didn't find him very exciting. Georges didn't have the spectacular finishes outside of a few but he fought hard and was always the aggressor, always pushing the action from bell to bell.

tbh we can talk about some of these fights.

Leben: exciting fighter but always limited and with no other skills than durability and chin, a fight booked to make Silva shine against a perfectly suited opponent
Lutter: a fight in which he pulled off a finish but a fight that he was losing
Henderson: he lost the first round decisively, then he pulled out another finish
Irvin: a "circus "fight between a huge MW and a really mediocre fighter that couldn't cut anymore
Griffin: while way better than Irvin we are talking about a fighter never considered really "elite", his heart and his TUF participation were the reasons of his popularity (and his "win" against Rampage is still debatable, while i think judges scored correctly as i can remember)
Sonnen: first fight was almost embarrassing, the second one started same way before Sonnen went full retard (on top of that i still think Sonnen talked his way to the ts)
Bonnar: like Griffin, he was evenpretty much retired att, never been a A grade fighter, even at his peak before TUF

GSP may be "boring" but his only fight in which he looked like he cannot impose his will was the last defense against Hendrix, a huge WW who literally fell in a downward spiral after USADA and that embarrassed himself with the talk about steroid and the WADA stuff before the fight.
On top of that i cannot remember an undeserved contender for GSP, Diaz apart, even Hardy - who was nowhere near a legit ts - was the best fighter available between the ones GSP had not already beaten.

too much text to disqualify Silva's opposition and find moments in which he was "not winning" fights he FINISHED.

The sport is MMA, it's about finishing, it's who walks out alive. Scoring points and looking "dominant" will always be inferior to the man who takes chances, exposes himself to get the big finish in the end.

Your opinion is totally fair but when I look at both of them fight, I found that 1 fought for 25 minutes, where the other one wouldn't fight unless the opponent engaged, which is why I found Georges more exciting.

No question though, Anderson's highlight reel of FINISHES are pretty much unmatched. His finishes were exciting finishes but up to the finishes, I didn't find him very exciting. Georges didn't have the spectacular finishes outside of a few but he fought hard and was always the aggressor, always pushing the action from bell to bell.
Basically how I see it as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back