Am I an old man or does modern rap music suck?

Has this been posted?
It's from 2008-ish too.

Todays rap is stolen beats, ripped off music, and all digital studio crap...I dont even listen to rap, but I know it from 80s to present...

Listen to a rap album, then hear that same album live...It is even worse live on stage...Snoop Dog could rap about a can of tuna, and people would be like man that sh*t is dope and fire...It is rediculous tbh...

Another thing I will never understand is that how can the average person even relate to 80% of rap anyways...Most of it is about money, high end cars, mansions, jets, stacks of cash, groups of the hottest women, etc...

How can one enjoy music, so called, that you cant even relate to in reality...

Like I don't understand how these guys get record deals. I normally am not the one to hate on other peoples success but this is mind boggling. These guys arent even trying but for some reason these kids love it. Lol im 28 btw.

my theory, is that technology has made a lot of music artists, from many different genres, very lazy when it comes to making music. back when there was only guitars, drums, and other instruments for rock-based music, and turntables for people in the rap/hip hop community, it forced artists to make more of the music on their own. it's true that a good amount of music back in the day was programmed through old-school synthesizers. it just seemed that it was used more as an addition to the music, and not the totality of the music.

Are you like 70 years old?
comon bro you got hendrix, zep, sabbath, stones,thin lizzy, all the great late 70s punk rock and new wave etc. 80s was cool but I have to be in the right mood to listen to music that produced.

Alot of it is shit... the stuff that's jammed down out throats is really bad, the stuff on the radio.

But the same can be said for most of the modern, mainstream stuff that's out there.

Gotta go underground to find the real gems.

comon bro you got hendrix, zep, sabbath, stones,thin lizzy, all the great late 70s punk rock and new wave etc. 80s was cool but I have to be in the right mood to listen to music that produced.

I love this song. @Jimmy H

You're probably listening to too much of the radio, trying to find good music on there is like trying to find a good handjob from a meatgrinder.

Nope TS, you are right. Current hip hop and rap SUCKS ASS x9000. right now im listening old west coast rap and it's amazing the quality compared to songs right now.

99% of rap these days is pure garbage. No talent hacks selling albums by just looking the part.

I don't mind some late 80's and some 90's rap though.

Back