Am I an old man or does modern rap music suck?

Well I wish him all the best. I like some of his music, I just get tired of him pretty quickly.
The man just debuted as XXL freshman of the year. Give the dude some time to release some volume.

i had a few people at work telling me kendrick lamar is in the top 3 all time; couldn't name a single kendrick lamar song but i refuse to believe that is true.

We're in the same age range. With age, I lose more and more interest in what is cool. Today, I don't mind some dub (seriously someone had to tell me what it was lol). I don't mind skrillex. I like drake. He puts out banger after banger. The weekend starboy is nasty. Daft Punk hook is filthy. What is called rap now, I don't get but, we grew up on 90s Puffy, Mase, Biggie, Tupac, etc. 90s was incredible. Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, and just that sound. It wont ever be the same again.
Daft punks body of work is fire.

Check out grizs new album for saxophone soul funk edm bangers. Good will prevail is the album of the year IMO (it's my AV)

i had a few people at work telling me kendrick lamar is in the top 3 all time; couldn't name a single kendrick lamar song but i refuse to believe that is true.
I don't know know enough about rap to say. But he certainly is very talented.

Like I don't understand how these guys get record deals. I normally am not the one to hate on other peoples success but this is mind boggling. These guys arent even trying but for some reason these kids love it. Lol im 28 btw.

it doesn't have to be one or the other. It's likely both. 28 is not bad but you could already be a codger for all we know.

Most modern music leaves much to be desired. You have to sift through a sea of shit to find quality nowadays.

The man just debuted as XXL freshman of the year. Give the dude some time to release some volume.

I'm not sure what an XXL freshman is, but it seems like Lil dicky is focused on using his popularity as a springboard into Hollywood. I'm not sure he'll ever have much of a credible discography.

RTJ3 just dropped on christmas

ab-soul shortly before that

like all music, the stuff that is in the mainstream is not a good representation of the whole genre.

There is some really good stuff coming out at the moment, you just have to dig a little deeper. The problem with today is anyone can make music. So there is a million times more bullshit to dig through in 'the underground' to find the gems. The good stuff always rises to the top eventually though.

obviously it's going to depend on your tastes what you find good or not though.

to me it's this:

https://youtu.be/Gr_RhVL_tHg

190.gif

Newer stuff is shit. Stopped listening when Lil Wayne got more famous and they all started "rapping" in a way where you absolutely couldnt understand a word that mumbled out of their dumb millionaire fucking mouths.

So I guess like a poster a few posts above said, 90's to around low 2000's is an accurate golden age for me.

I change the channel every once in awhile to laugh, and havent stopped on any of them to think "man, maybe I should give rap a chance again."

I'm not sure what an XXL freshman is, but it seems like Lil dicky is focused on using his popularity as a springboard into Hollywood. I'm not sure he'll ever have much of a credible discography.
Screenshot_20170103-205413.png

Like I don't understand how these guys get record deals. I normally am not the one to hate on other peoples success but this is mind boggling. These guys arent even trying but for some reason these kids love it. Lol im 28 btw.
yeah, modern rap licks taint

...but so does old school rap, and pretty much every type of rap there is.

yeah, modern rap licks taint

...but so does old school rap, and pretty much every type of rap there is.
Was going to argue but you live in Montana. I wouldn't expect someone from Montana to listen to Hip Hop lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back