Am I an old man or does modern rap music suck?

Daft punks body of work is fire.

Check out grizs new album for saxophone soul funk edm bangers. Good will prevail is the album of the year IMO (it's my AV)

I remember Daft Punk Technologic early 2000s. Thanks. I will check it out. Its funny. In my early 20s, every weekend, I would be downtown romping throught the clubs. I knew every hook, every song, and all the top 40s. I feel out of place now. The kids are so young. The music is ridiculous. A lot of it is not relatable.

I find the EDM fad funny. The music is different then Woodstock but, the bright colors, the drugs, and mentality is the same.

The past harmonizes.

Was going to argue but you live in Montana. I wouldn't expect someone from Montana to listen to Hip Hop lol
Im originally from so cal and lived in atlanta for 5 years- never liked the jibber jabber- But im white, edumacated, know my father, and own a business- I just cant relate

Im originally from so cal and lived in atlanta for 5 years- never liked the jibber jabber- But im white, edumacated, know my father, and own a business- I just cant relate
Lol you forgot to add ignorant to the list

like all music, the stuff that is in the mainstream is not a good representation of the whole genre.

There is some really good stuff coming out at the moment, you just have to dig a little deeper. The problem with today is anyone can make music. So there is a million times more bullshit to dig through in 'the underground' to find the gems. The good stuff always rises to the top eventually though.

obviously it's going to depend on your tastes what you find good or not though.

to me it's this:

https://youtu.be/Gr_RhVL_tHg

Yeah that first BOzark track was dope. Thats more my style

Like I don't understand how these guys get record deals. I normally am not the one to hate on other peoples success but this is mind boggling. These guys arent even trying but for some reason these kids love it. Lol im 28 btw.

I am young I am under 24 but over 18.

I think most music today is vastly superior to older music with the exception of Rap.

90's rap is superior to today's rap or rap of the 2000s.

I remember Daft Punk Technologic early 2000s. Thanks. I will check it out. Its funny. In my early 20s, every weekend, I would be downtown romping throught the clubs. I knew every hook, every song, and all the top 40s. I feel out of place now. The kids are so young. The music is ridiculous. A lot of it is not relatable.

I find the EDM fad funny. The music is different then Woodstock but, the bright colors, the drugs, and mentality is the same.

The past harmonizes.

As a young guy I don't see how anyone can say Hippie music is better than EDM.

EDM culture is just badass and the girls dress hotter now.

The only rap I’m listening to recently has been songs from Hamilton and damn it’s awesome

As a young guy I don't see how anyone can say Hippie music is better than EDM.

EDM culture is just badass and the girls dress hotter now.

Drug use, bright colors, ridiculous outfits, etc. Its Woodstock all over again just different music. The past harmonizes. That and EDM culture doesn't respond to being a hippie even if they are lol

Most current music blows. There are some gems though.

Currently bumping Run The Jewels 3. Shit is fire.

I think most music today is vastly superior to older music with the exception of Rap.

The music today is different. Everything is digitally enhanced. We just saw Marriah Carrey Lip Sync. For as much hate as he gets, the Beibz can sing and without audio tune. The weekend is like Michael Jackson meets Prince. Obviously, not to their level of genius but, who knows? Dude is young.

Montana looks like a beautiful state. I plan to visit eventually.

Montana looks like a beautiful state. I plan to visit eventually.eventually .
- Its a big state- Im in the NW corner, near Glacier National Park. If you visit this part of the state, come in July or early August- Incredibly awesome during those months- compared to now, its -10 degrees F

Most of the mainstream stuff does imo, there are some more obscure and experimental rap artists that are decent though.

- Its a big state- Im in the NW corner, near Glacier National Park. If you visit this part of the state, come in July or early August- Incredibly awesome during those months- compared to now, its -10 degrees F

I'm from Montana born and raised. I would love meet some of you peeps. I'm living more in Missoula area.

Yeah for most part rap music is garbage now but there is few good rappers too that aren't in mainstream media.

if that were true, the new music wouldn't be derivative. Most musicians and producers nowadays are obsessed with copying sounds from the 60s,70s and 80s. You are probably used to overly produced shit that you can't listen to stuff that isnt quantized,compressed, and autotuned. Not to mention, edited by a producer to make up for the lack of musicianship of the artist. Back in the 60s and 70s people could write songs, play their own instruments,sing, and even produce their own records.

The past harmonizes.
I don't know how much EDM is a fad at this point. The ability to have access to elite level production software and the ability to make any kind of music on a computer has given each and every person the ability to become an artist. It is changing music forever and I don't think it's a fad at this point. We had the original 'techno' of the 90s, the early house music, guys like daft punk being around since 2000 and prior, the advent of Skrillex, tiesto, avicci, etc etc. We've had over 20 years of EDM and I don't think it's going anywhere. At this point EDM has taken over the mainstream pop charts. Most of what I hear on top 20/40 radio these days is all ripping EDM off or incorporating elements of it.

I don't know how much EDM is a fad at this point. The ability to have access to elite level production software and the ability to make any kind of music on a computer has given each and every person the ability to become an artist. It is changing music forever and I don't think it's a fad at this point. We had the original 'techno' of the 90s, the early house music, guys like daft punk being around since 2000 and prior, the advent of Skrillex, tiesto, avicci, etc etc. We've had over 20 years of EDM and I don't think it's going anywhere. At this point EDM has taken over the mainstream pop charts. Most of what I hear on top 20/40 radio these days is all ripping EDM off or incorporating elements of it.

It is putting out rap IMHO. Rap had a good run. It is becoming like disco lol It is so bad today. Drake is good but he ain't rap. The weekend is more like R&B.

I agree. I saw Avicii, Skrillex, Sweetdish House Mafia, etc. Skrillex is nuts live. Even the Beibz track with Skrillex is not bad. Its different. I know a lot of guys my age that hate that shit though. They say it ain't music but, listen to what is rap now a days. Its pretty bad. Bad like Ja Rule pretending to be hard lol

Back