Am I an old man or does modern rap music suck?

Goodfella

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Like I don't understand how these guys get record deals. I normally am not the one to hate on other peoples success but this is mind boggling. These guys arent even trying but for some reason these kids love it. Lol im 28 btw.

Lame ass beats in rap these days. Rock music is really bad as well.

Well if you are like me, yes I am old, but I do believe modern rap music sucks. I also agree Rock music is nothing like the music of the 60's, 70's and 80's.

No you're not. Rap music flat out sucks.

Yeah it's not nearly as good. But mostly you're old. This is an almost 40 year old saying this.

I don't get the fascination for rap. Guess I'm older than you, TS.

I don't get the fascination for rap. Guess I'm older than you, TS.
Age has nothing to do with it since it was around before I was born. Unless you're like 60+ years old? Then that would make sense.

tumblr_n38uekLzqr1s2safbo1_250.gif

I think you have to take it for what it is, entertainment. I like rap but I don't take it too serious, I have never gotten the chills from a rap song. It is fun to listen but yes a lot of it is dumb. It is a form of art and the beauty is in the eye of the beholder like any form of art.

For me a lot of the rapper are Characters and it is like a verbal movie I guess

Like I don't understand how these guys get record deals. I normally am not the one to hate on other peoples success but this is mind boggling. These guys arent even trying but for some reason these kids love it. Lol im 28 btw.

I am gonna change your mind

I can't stand the whole "mumble rap" shit. I get the weirdest bones from some Young,Thug tracks though...
You just have to take it with a HUGE grain of salt. Some of it is catchy but the lyrics are horrible in a lot of rap.

Modern rap music is pure garbage. Same goes for modern pop/top 40 that mixes rap into it. No talent, no effort, they use autotune, ect. Boring music by boring people.

Lame ass beats in rap these days. Rock music is really bad as well.
Agreed... every new "rock" song I hear seems generic and overall lazy, honestly that almost goes with all recent genres of music

Back