Almost 9 years after the best mma performance ever, what are the top 5 matrix moments in the UFC?

Also it should be noted that Forrest was BADLY KO'd by Rashad right before the Anderson fight. People are trying yo rewrite Anderson as if Anderson beat Forrest when Forrest was a champ

As a matter of fact I would say that Machida's performance over Rashad>>>>>>Anderson's performance over Forrest as well
Which-excuse-will-you-use-today.jpg

Yeah, he rematched Tito after losing a super close split decision lol. Of course he wanted a rematch. Nice use of context. Nobody's saying Forrest isn't tough (he obviously is) or cant battle through injury, or doesn't want to challenge himself, just that his self belief isn't like Aldo's, and he doesn't go right back into rematches after a humiliating loss.
He rematched Tito twice, won a fight with a broken arm, and took on Dan Severn only a few years after he was fighting for the UFC Heavyweight title in his first fight.

What do you have besides empty assertions in response?

Anderson continually dropping a Xanax Forrest who had been KOd the week before in sparring, WAS not in any way impressive in the least bit.

Plus Forrest was a hand picked LOW IQ brawler who was only there to make Anderson look good lol

We all saw what happened when Anderson started fighting actual disciplined fundamentally sound strikers in Weidman and Bisping. Anderson started getting outclassed then.

Aldo was an actual legit striker.

A fighter who was ranked #1 p4p.

A fighter who is literally a million times better then Forrest could ever dream of being.

A fighter who many believed on paper was actually a bad natch up for Conor

This isn't even in the same stratosphere of comparison

Conor then counter fucked Aldo from the inside angle in a blink of an eye.

You know what was some real matrix shit?

The way Conor precossed everything within nano seconds against an an elite striker and reacted even faster then that,

Made the adjustment in his footwork even quicker and lined up the counter kill shot from a 90 degree angle all before Aldo could even finish his punch

That was real boxing skill right there. That was real neo shit from the matrix

The difference between Anderson's performance vs Forrest - and Conor'ss performance vs Aldo, It was like dodging a broken down honda civic going 5 mph, compared to dodging a fucking Ferrari going 150mph while then being able to jump inside the open window of it going 150mph.

Again, no comparison what so ever

Anderson is like a house cat taking down rats. Conor is like a fucking TIGER taking down black bears and wilderbeasts

Maybe you guys just dont understand what you're watching, and that's why its so easy to go ga ga over Anderson (Instead of recognizing the truly special things Conor does). And I don't mean that in any negative way at all. A lot of people sinply just don't know. The point is to learn and correct ignorance. I myself was that ignorant at one point, and it wasnt until I took the time over years to truly understand fighting on a deep level that I finally started to appreciate the absolute mastery and genuis of Conor McGregor

If you have any questions, or would like any breakdowns etc, let me know.

Anyways, It doesn't matter how soon it happened, the fact is, the counter Conor hit on Aldo from the inside angle was a matrix performance...and it was against an actual legit opponent...to even do that in 13 seconds is unheard of and unique

I like how people in this thread are trying to act like it's a normal occurance to just counter-KO a p4p#1 ranked fighter in 13 seconds

Crazy right @Sapp ?

I hope everone else sees the absurdity of that talking point

Conor also MATRIX fucked Alavarez too so yeah......So you know that it's all about Conor actually being the real Neo from the Matrix who Matrix's everyone and anyone he comes into contact with no matter who they are

Where as Anderson only ever Matrix'd hand picked LOW IQ brawler Forrest...gee I wonder why lmao

This shouldnt even be up for debate

Most historians and analysts will disregard Anderson's win over Forrest

Meanwhile Conor's wins over Aldo and Alvarez will always be GOAT wins and matrix performances

@Superzorro @Kung Fu bb @MMAfanboy4life @EGarrett @SteveMR @bubbleboyjones
None of this relates to what I said to Sapp about the relative desire for a rematch. Don't tag me unless you have a relevant point to what I brought up. Sapp sure doesn't.

He rematched Tito twice, won a fight with a broken arm, and took on Dan Severn only a few years after he was fighting for the UFC Heavyweight title in his first fight.

What do you have besides empty assertions in response?
You're addressing a strawman argument, Forrest is tough, I wouldn't claim otherwise. Aldo is tougher however, and a superior fighter and better win in all erespects.

You're addressing a strawman argument, Forrest is tough, I wouldn't claim otherwise. Aldo is tougher however, and a superior fighter and better win in all erespects.
Forrest isn't just tough, he's known for being uniquely tough and willing to fight anyone, that was his whole reputation from TUF 1 onward. You have absolutely no response to that except to blindly repeat unsupported assertions. Evidence and reasoning are completely absent on your end.

I knew the moment I read the first post from you that you were just repeating things to try and convince yourself. I'm not sure why you wasted time to do nothing but show the same thing.

Forrest isn't just tough, he's known for being uniquely tough and willing to fight anyone, that was his whole reputation from TUF 1 onward. You have absolutely no response to that except to blindly repeat unsupported assertions. Evidence and reasoning are completely absent on your end.

I knew the moment I read the first post from you that you were just repeating things to try and convince yourself. I'm not sure why you wasted time to do nothing but show the same thing.
You have managed to divert the issue from the underlying discussion of who is a better win by somehow making the issue of contention the reason why Forrest quit and took the attitude he did about the Anderson fight, in comparison to Aldo. If you like I'll "concede", though I'm not quite sure what. My only contention was that Aldo is mentally stronger than Forrest, and I'm still of that opinion.

The discussion is whether Anderson's win over Forrest can outweigh Conor's over Aldo, I believe it quite patently cannot. I'm finished talking about Forrest's mental toughness.

We´ve seen a lot of great fighters after Silva, like Khabib, Stipe, Dillashaw, but I don´t think there´s anyone even close to Silva.

Matrix Siva was the most spectacular fighter we´ve seen.

What are the top 5 matrix moments in the UFC?
<{silvanormal}>

TJ vs Barao the first time was THE most impressive performance in MMA...... that shit was flawless, and against a champ who was killing everyone else

I don't think beating a (supposedly compromised in camp) non p4p elite fighter can be called the best performance ever. One of the most one sided 'elite' fights for sure, but I don't think Forrest measures up to some other opponents.

More impressive performances for me would include:
Conor vs Aldo
TJ vs Barao
Cain vs JDS
Fedor vs Nog
yup, totally agree

Not sure about MATRIX moments but I sure know who has the best KARATE KID moments.

giphy.gif

GlisteningImpressionableAmericanalligator-max-14mb.gif

You have managed to divert the issue from the underlying discussion of who is a better win by somehow making the issue of contention the reason why Forrest quit and took the attitude he did about the Anderson fight, in comparison to Aldo. If you like I'll "concede", though I'm not quite sure what. My only contention was that Aldo is mentally stronger than Forrest, and I'm still of that opinion.

The discussion is whether Anderson's win over Forrest can outweigh Conor's over Aldo, I believe it quite patently cannot. I'm finished talking about Forrest's mental toughness.
That's because you tried to stake Forrest not wanting anything else to do with Anderson after their fight compared to Aldo desperately wanting another go at McGregor on Forrest not being mentally strong enough to want the rematch. I showed you multiple examples that totally destroyed that theory and you responded by just plugging your fingers in your ears and repeating your argument-free conclusion.

You're not here to actually put forth a sensible point, you're an overfried McNugget who is trying to push the real food off people's plate.

This was impressive.
9p5a0xz.gif
It was a great performance, but I would be far more impressed if he actually landed a counter punch during that sequence rather than dancing...

Forrest got mauled and embarrassed by Rashad in his previous fight, I think it had a lot to do with how bad he looked. He would have got massacred anyway but maybe not that bad.
UFC92_Griffin-Evans-3-ko.gif~c200

584333.gif

I don't think beating a (supposedly compromised in camp) non p4p elite fighter can be called the best performance ever. One of the most one sided 'elite' fights for sure, but I don't think Forrest measures up to some other opponents.

More impressive performances for me would include:
Conor vs Aldo
TJ vs Barao
Cain vs JDS
Fedor vs Nog

Fair enough, fair enough

Your JDS pick is bullshit though, beating the crap out of a guy whose already on queer street doesn't prove anything other than how tough JDS was

Fair enough, fair enough

Your JDS pick is bullshit though, beating the crap out of a guy whose already on queer street doesn't prove anything other than how tough JDS was
Meh, ok. Could be true.

I don't like this line of argument. Do you rate Cain's first round demolitions of Bigfoot as better performances than his 5 round win over JDS? If Holloway left the UFC and beat the ever loving shit out of some can, using showtime kicks, flying whatevers, would that be a better performance than his much closer wins over Aldo? I don't see how people can avoid the opponent in this discussion?
His Bigfoot victory was flawless. His jds win wasn’t

Back