Almost 9 years after the best mma performance ever, what are the top 5 matrix moments in the UFC?

I don't think beating a (supposedly compromised in camp) non p4p elite fighter can be called the best performance ever. One of the most one sided 'elite' fights for sure, but I don't think Forrest measures up to some other opponents.

More impressive performances for me would include:
Conor vs Aldo
TJ vs Barao
Cain vs JDS
Fedor vs Nog

No Cody vs Dom?

It was a great performance, but I would be far more impressed if he actually landed a counter punch during that sequence rather than dancing...
Exactly

And I love Cody and do think very highly of Cody, but this is another reason why I laugh when someone says Cody has better boxing or defense then Conor

Conor makes you miss too, but he actually comes back with a counter when he makes you miss

And Conor doesnt need exaggerated movements to make you miss, he can make you miss just as bad while moving much less, like all the truly great counter punchers ala Lomachenko, Floyd etc (and again always comes back with the counter)

When it comes to "make miss and make pay" or "hit and do not get hit," no one in MMA exemplifies those sayings more than Conor

One of the biggest sayings in boxing is "if you over commit to defense you can't counter"

That's why Conor is such a devastating striker. Because Conor goes by the fundamental core truths and sayings of boxing

People forget Griffin was 1 fight removed from being LHW champion and his striking was held in high regard because he was tough and had really good cardio, so his strikes would really do damage over the fight, he was no bum.

The way silva looked like he couldn't be hurt with his dodging and every time he hit Forrest he was dropping him was once in a lifetime. It literally was dodging all punches and one punch of Silva would drop him.

Rua would thrash him I believe
Wishful thinking....the truth is they aren't in the same class. Prime 23yr old rua was something to behold, but any version of rua in the UFC would have gotten embarrassed by Silva. Just like Chael, Hendo, and Forrest beat him....so would Anderson.

People forget Griffin was 1 fight removed from being LHW champion
No one is forgetting that

That dishonest talking point has been spammed to death by Silva fanboys trying to convince others and themselves that it was "the greatest win" ever.

What you conveniently ignored is that Forrest was 1 fight removed from getting brutally finished

Fact:Forrest was NOT the champ when Anderson fought him. Forrest was coming off a KO loss.

Fact: Forrest had already been KOd on the feet by Jardin before Anderson

When Conor moved up he actually moved up against a bigger opponent and fought an actual CHAMPION who was in his prime and at his best.

And Conor still embaressed Alvarez far worse and had a far greater legit performance

Anderson vs Forrest is such old news

Conor has already FAR surpassed that numerous times in actual Championship fights against actual legit prime champions (not just opponents)

Wishful thinking....the truth is they aren't in the same class. Prime 23yr old rua was something to behold, but any version of rua in the UFC would have gotten embarrassed by Silva. Just like Chael, Hendo, and Forrest beat him....so would Anderson.
UFC 104 Shogun outclasses any version of Anderson there has ever been.

Heck make the match up today right now, and current Shogun who's improved his boxing dramatically takes current Anderson to school

Anderson continually dropping a Xanax Forrest who had been KOd the week before in sparring, WAS not in any way impressive in the least bit.

Plus Forrest was a hand picked LOW IQ brawler who was only there to make Anderson look good lol

We all saw what happened when Anderson started fighting actual disciplined fundamentally sound strikers in Weidman and Bisping. Anderson started getting outclassed then.

Aldo was an actual legit striker.

A fighter who was ranked #1 p4p.

A fighter who is literally a million times better then Forrest could ever dream of being.

A fighter who many believed on paper was actually a bad natch up for Conor

This isn't even in the same stratosphere of comparison

Conor then counter fucked Aldo from the inside angle in a blink of an eye.

You know what was some real matrix shit?

The way Conor precossed everything within nano seconds against an an elite striker and reacted even faster then that,

Made the adjustment in his footwork even quicker and lined up the counter kill shot from a 90 degree angle all before Aldo could even finish his punch

That was real boxing skill right there. That was real neo shit from the matrix

The difference between Anderson's performance vs Forrest - and Conor'ss performance vs Aldo, It was like dodging a broken down honda civic going 5 mph, compared to dodging a fucking Ferrari going 150mph while then being able to jump inside the open window of it going 150mph.

Again, no comparison what so ever

Anderson is like a house cat taking down rats. Conor is like a fucking TIGER taking down black bears and wilderbeasts

Maybe you guys just dont understand what you're watching, and that's why its so easy to go ga ga over Anderson (Instead of recognizing the truly special things Conor does). And I don't mean that in any negative way at all. A lot of people sinply just don't know. The point is to learn and correct ignorance. I myself was that ignorant at one point, and it wasnt until I took the time over years to truly understand fighting on a deep level that I finally started to appreciate the absolute mastery and genuis of Conor McGregor

If you have any questions, or would like any breakdowns etc, let me know.

Anyways, It doesn't matter how soon it happened, the fact is, the counter Conor hit on Aldo from the inside angle was a matrix performance...and it was against an actual legit opponent...to even do that in 13 seconds is unheard of and unique

I like how people in this thread are trying to act like it's a normal occurance to just counter-KO a p4p#1 ranked fighter in 13 seconds

Crazy right @Sapp ?

I hope everone else sees the absurdity of that talking point

Conor also MATRIX fucked Alavarez too so yeah......So you know that it's all about Conor actually being the real Neo from the Matrix who Matrix's everyone and anyone he comes into contact with no matter who they are

Where as Anderson only ever Matrix'd hand picked LOW IQ brawler Forrest...gee I wonder why lmao

This shouldnt even be up for debate

Most historians and analysts will disregard Anderson's win over Forrest

Meanwhile Conor's wins over Aldo and Alvarez will always be GOAT wins and matrix performances

@Superzorro @Kung Fu bb @MMAfanboy4life @EGarrett @SteveMR @bubbleboyjones
Yea, I’m not reading all that.

But you’re right when you claim that Anderson’s performance against Forrest may very well be the best of all time.

Exactly

And I love Cody and do think very highly of Cody, but this is another reason why I laugh when someone says Cody has better boxing or defense then Conor

Conor makes you miss too, but he actually comes back with a counter when he makes you miss

And Conor doesnt need exaggerated movements to make you miss, he can make you miss just as bad while moving much less, like all the truly great counter punchers ala Lomachenko, Floyd etc (and again always comes back with the counter)

When it comes to "make miss and make pay" or "hit and do not get hit," no one in MMA exemplifies those sayings more than Conor

One of the biggest sayings in boxing is "if you over commit to defense you can't counter"

That's why Conor is such a devastating striker. Because Conor goes by the fundamental core truths and sayings of boxing
Yep, Conor is a master of moving just a fraction out of range, which is why he is in position to land heavy counters more than anyone in MMA.

UFC 104 Shogun outclasses any version of Anderson there has ever been.

Heck make the match up today right now, and current Shogun who's improved his boxing dramatically takes current Anderson to school
I'd probably take current Shogun over Anderson today too, Anderson is almost 45 years old. If you think UFC 104 shogun could have outclassed Prime Silva idk what to tell ya.

Conor had both over Holloway

I mean surely you can't be serious

Holloway beat Aldo only after Conor beat him first

Conor was the first one to ever beat Aldo in 10 years

It was Conor who ended Aldo's reign

Conor's win over Aldo Is the most significant win over Aldo period - and the most impressive performance against the best Aldo

People will bend over backwards to refuse giving Conor any credit. It's sad

Crazy how I get called a Conor nut hugger and hater on this forum, sometimes even in the same thread. That must mean I'm doing something right. My logic behind that statement is that Holloway got to prove his dominance over the course of three rounds. Aldo got to throw his best shots and empty out his bag of tricks. Holloway trumped his entire game in every way possible. Against Conor, he wasn't given this luxury.

Anderson continually dropping a Xanax Forrest who had been KOd the week before in sparring, WAS not in any way impressive in the least bit.

Plus Forrest was a hand picked LOW IQ brawler who was only there to make Anderson look good lol

We all saw what happened when Anderson started fighting actual disciplined fundamentally sound strikers in Weidman and Bisping. Anderson started getting outclassed then.

Aldo was an actual legit striker.

A fighter who was ranked #1 p4p.

A fighter who is literally a million times better then Forrest could ever dream of being.

A fighter who many believed on paper was actually a bad natch up for Conor

This isn't even in the same stratosphere of comparison

Conor then counter fucked Aldo from the inside angle in a blink of an eye.

You know what was some real matrix shit?

The way Conor precossed everything within nano seconds against an an elite striker and reacted even faster then that,

Made the adjustment in his footwork even quicker and lined up the counter kill shot from a 90 degree angle all before Aldo could even finish his punch

That was real boxing skill right there. That was real neo shit from the matrix

The difference between Anderson's performance vs Forrest - and Conor'ss performance vs Aldo, It was like dodging a broken down honda civic going 5 mph, compared to dodging a fucking Ferrari going 150mph while then being able to jump inside the open window of it going 150mph.

Again, no comparison what so ever

Anderson is like a house cat taking down rats. Conor is like a fucking TIGER taking down black bears and wilderbeasts

Maybe you guys just dont understand what you're watching, and that's why its so easy to go ga ga over Anderson (Instead of recognizing the truly special things Conor does). And I don't mean that in any negative way at all. A lot of people sinply just don't know. The point is to learn and correct ignorance. I myself was that ignorant at one point, and it wasnt until I took the time over years to truly understand fighting on a deep level that I finally started to appreciate the absolute mastery and genuis of Conor McGregor

If you have any questions, or would like any breakdowns etc, let me know.

Anyways, It doesn't matter how soon it happened, the fact is, the counter Conor hit on Aldo from the inside angle was a matrix performance...and it was against an actual legit opponent...to even do that in 13 seconds is unheard of and unique

I like how people in this thread are trying to act like it's a normal occurance to just counter-KO a p4p#1 ranked fighter in 13 seconds

Crazy right @Sapp ?

I hope everone else sees the absurdity of that talking point

Conor also MATRIX fucked Alavarez too so yeah......So you know that it's all about Conor actually being the real Neo from the Matrix who Matrix's everyone and anyone he comes into contact with no matter who they are

Where as Anderson only ever Matrix'd hand picked LOW IQ brawler Forrest...gee I wonder why lmao

This shouldnt even be up for debate

Most historians and analysts will disregard Anderson's win over Forrest

Meanwhile Conor's wins over Aldo and Alvarez will always be GOAT wins and matrix performances

@Superzorro @Kung Fu bb @MMAfanboy4life @EGarrett @SteveMR @bubbleboyjones

I'm reluctant to even reply to this because of how unbelievably biased it is. Chris Weidman a better striker than a prime Vitor Belfort? Forrest Griffin, the same person who puzzled Rampage and wore out Shogun, and was one fight removed from being the light heavy weight champion - a bum? Aldo is undeniably the better, more accomplished, more polished fighter. But at the same time, Conor had to take Aldo seriously. Anderson was playing with Forrest. My point isn't that one is better than the other. My point is that this topic is debatable and that each side has valid arguments for it. And finally, that we aren't comparing Forrest and Aldo. We're comparing the performances themselves.

Forrest is a good fighter, but I rate a win over forrest about a hundred times less than I rate that win over Aldo. A 13 second knockout of one of the true greatest fighters of all time, stopping his 10 year run is leagues better than a domination of Forrest. If we're talking humiliation, the Aldo one is almost worse, right?

I don't even like Conor or rate his legacy highly overall, but that win is in a different league IMO. As are all the others, coming over much better fighters than Griffin.

Silva vs Griffin is the same thing as Conor vs Diaz, except Griffin actually accomplished something at 205 vs. Nate at 170.

Seeing posts like this, waxing poetically, is cringe

Forrest took a Xanax for that fight

People aren't even allowed to legally drive while on Xanax

Forrest was as compromised a fighter as ever. It might as well have been a fixed fight

Plus Forrest was a gift hand picked match up to make Anderson look good (low IQ brawler)

Plus Forrest was KOd in sparring a week before the fight (per Joe Rogan)

Forrest was as compromised as possible

Anderson vs Forrest wasn't a legit fight in any sense of the word

Anderson vs Forrest wasn't impressive by any means

Here is what happened when Anders on tried that same "matrix shit" against am actual competent opponent who wasn't compromised

49ac8d5106ed088acf91968297ac124e.jpg

The only legit correct answers to this thread is Conor vs Aldo/Conor vs Alvarez...Garbrandt vs Cruz...Cerrone vs Story etc etc

Lol, you obviously have an agenda and if the xanex why didn't it show up in the post fight drug test? There was no indication anything was wrong with him and he looked like he always did right up until the moment he got dropped.

He was hand-picked though, you're right about that. He was hand picked to be a gritty huge tough guy with a lot of heart that would try to bully and force Anderson into a fight, which he attempted to do.

Rogan contradicts himself so often I can't take anything he says seriously.

He matrixed Lee Murray, Hendo, Rich, Cote, Leban, Vitor among others long before finally taking it to far against Chris but yeah you're right, Weidman was the first competent striker he faced, lol.

The same thing actually happened to RJJ, was he also just fighting incompetent strikers up until that point or did age and ego finally catch up too him and he took things 1 step to far and paid the price.

Lol, you obviously have an agenda and if the xanex why didn't it show up in the post fight drug test? There was no indication anything was wrong with him and he looked like he always did right up until the moment he got dropped.

He was hand-picked though, you're right about that. He was hand picked to be a gritty huge tough guy with a lot of heart that would try to bully and force Anderson into a fight, which he attempted to do.

Rogan contradicts himself so often I can't take anything he says seriously.

He matrixed Lee Murray, Hendo, Rich, Cote, Leban, Vitor among others long before finally taking it to far against Chris but yeah you're right, Weidman was the first competent striker he faced, lol.

The same thing actually happened to RJJ, was he also just fighting incompetent strikers up until that point or did age and ego finally catch up too him and he took things 1 step to far and paid the price.
<Goldie11><{silvanormal}>

Back