Alexander Gustafsson calls out Yoel Romero

I really want to see Gus Vs Dominick Reyes. Rankings be damned. Let those two lanky mofos duke it out.

This will be the first athletic and explosive fighter Gus would easily beat.

Yoel is like 5'10 with shoes on, and makes 185. Gus is a HW fighting at LHW.

Probably not the best idea since Gus doesn't do so well against the brothers.

I'd be very interested to see a Yoel that doesn't have to worry about cutting to 185.

Gustafsson wants to fight anyone NOT in his division. SMH. This is embarrassing.

The only name fight left for him at LHW is Volkan.

Volkan's already matched up with an opponent Gus beat years ago and everyone else he's already fought or is already matched up.

Romero has made it super clear he has no interest in fighting at 205. He is 41 years old and has at most one or two fights left. His next fight will be for the 185 title against the winner of Whittaker vs Gastelum.

Not surprised with this Gustafsson call out. Saw him on the JRE podcast, super nice guy, seems a bit dumb though.
Im going to go out on a limb and say, no it wont lol

even if Whittaker would accept the fight, the UFC is going to have serious qualms about giving him another title shot when his last 2 shots he missed the weight, its time for whittaker to move on and fight someone else, I also doubt that they would make a champion fight the same guy 3 times in a row when the champ is up 2-0

it was a close fight, Romero lost...now given his last two weigh ins, he needs to either beg for another shot at 185 and then prove he can make if its given, or he needs to move up in weight...hes old and doesnt have many fights left for sure....and what better way to get on the right track than by moving up...taking out the number 1 guy and challenging for the title in his very next fight

if he stays at MW then hes at the very least taking another fight not against Whittaker..maybe more

so either path ...stay at MW or go up to LHW...it involves a minimum of 1 fight before he can go for gold

Gus finishes him, in the first if hes not tentative with his hands

I'd be very interested to see a Yoel that doesn't have to worry about cutting to 185.

You can see this Romero on display during his 2011 fight against Cavalcante. He struggled when unable to outmatch his opponent physically.

The only name fight left for him at LHW is Volkan.

Volkan's already matched up with an opponent Gus beat years ago and everyone else he's already fought or is already matched up.

Then fight at HW. Dude is like 6'4 calling out guys that are 5'11 and a weight class below him. SMH.

This is BS. There is Reyes and Volkan. I am not sure if Laitifi is booked right now but he wasn't a few weeks ago and yes I know they are friends.
Reyes is still too green to fight the top 5. Give him 2 easier matchups then feed him to gustaffson.

I'd love to see Gus pick him apart.

Because he makes weight?
I think the guy you're responding to is comparing Jones to Gus, not Yoel. Jones gets shit about not going up to HW because he's tall for the division but Gus doesn't, and Gus is even taller.

Back