Alexander Gustafsson calls out Yoel Romero

Top fighter , hope Ufc finds someone for him to fight

As good As Alex is and he put up good fights against jones and dc but I feel like this would be rumble all over again. Yoel is different to dc and jones. He hits harder and he is so much quicker. I see Yoel getting tagged up at the beginning but he will find an opening and put gus out when he gets lazy with his technique like gus likes to do.

You think Whittaker vs Gastelum is one-sided? I see Whittaker taking some pretty hard punches in that one

Gastelum is not one-sided at all. Its a fun fight actually. But it will happen sooner or later because both guys are on their twenties. The thing with Romero is that he is 41 years old. We have to use him as long as he is still active for making the historic fights like the one on last Saturday.

He sounds pretty whiny taking pot shots at DC like that. DC was booked before he started running his mouth, so get over it! He should take this fight and move his career along and not even bring up DC until that fight is possible.

Should be a good fight, taking Gus via chin, pace, cardio, reach, TDD, youth, ect, but Yoel is a dangerous animal. What would be scary is if Yoel is better at 205 than 185<RomeroSalute>

Should be for interim LHW title if both guys can make 205...lol

He has beat plenty of black guys, it's black Americans he's had troubles with, and 2 of those are 2 of the best if not the best fighters of all time and a monster in rumble lol
Black Americans on the juice.

I don't think yoel will move to LHW.

In his mind he can make MW because
1. First time he was called in early to replace Whittaker
2. Second time he was planning on using the full time to cut weight and was denied his extra 2 hours

lol @ whining about Romero being the smaller man.

Like Romero isn't already as big as most all LHW's as is on fight night. He kills his body to make Middleweight.

Why does Gus want to fight middleweights so badly? Going to suck if he gets grandfathered into a title run at LHW.

I don't understand why a guy would move from MW to LHW (the largest weight difference among all the weight classes) and immediately be thrown in with one of the top contenders. It seems a fight with someone like Shogun would be far more appropriate.

There is absolutely no problem in setting up a Whittaker vs Romero 3 fight for the UFC. MW is basically a two-man division now. The second fight is a split decision win for Whittaker on paper but the UFC can't erase the fight from our memory. Fans saw what really happened there. We need 5 more rounds because there is unfinished bussiness. If they want to punish Romero for missing weight I'm okay with Whittaker taking the Gastelum fight as his next defense. But you can't tell Romero in which division he decides to fight. If Gustafsson is eager to call out middleweights he should have at least called Whittaker.
so telling him that he wouldnt be getting any more title shots in the foreseeable future in the MW division because he missed two in a row..... wouldnt be telling him what division to fight in? what if they wouldnt even sign him to a MW fight period...would that be telling him? they obviously arent at that point yet that we know about but they could easily manipulate him to fighting where they want him to fight, I dont particularly need to see another 5 rounds between these two immediately, it was a close fight...not a robbery...that combined with the fact he did miss weight = no immediate rematch....go fight someone else lol

I favour Alex by decision here but Romero is never someone you can count out. Great matchup; Yoel needs to move up to 205 anyway and Gus is the perfect opponent for his return to the division.

I applaud Gustafsson for calling out a tough opponent. Would be a cool fight. I think Romero knocks him out.

Gus needs to stop being a bitch and calling out guys smaller than him and fight a guy at 205. Fights once a year and preys on the old, crippled and undersized. Would love for Rumble or DC to come back after Stipe and humble him.

Tough talk from a guy who pulls out of half of his big fights, then loses the other half

This will be the first athletic and explosive fighter Gus would easily beat.

Yoel is like 5'10 with shoes on, and makes 185. Gus is a HW fighting at LHW.

I get what you're saying, but look at the top fighters of each weight class and you'll find that pretty much all of them cut 15-25 pounds. Alex walks around at 220-225. 205 is not a tough cut for him.

Back