Alexander Gustafsson calls out Yoel Romero

Lets see this fight. Ban yoel from MW. Let him bulk and KO gus like rumble

I think the guy you're responding to is comparing Jones to Gus, not Yoel. Jones gets shit about not going up to HW because he's tall for the division but Gus doesn't, and Gus is even taller.
I see. It's dumb to say that Jones is too big as long as he makes weight. That's just critics making a lame excuse.

I think the calls for Jones to move up are MOSTLY (not entirely) due to people wanting to see him challenged. The same reason people wanted GSP, Anderson, BJ, MM, etc to move up. Gus isn't a dominant champion. Everyone wants to see dominant champions tested at different weights.

Romero has turned into a pretty lethal striker that you can't count of any fight. But I would still favor Gus by decision.

Im going to go out on a limb and say, no it wont lol

even if Whittaker would accept the fight, the UFC is going to have serious qualms about giving him another title shot when his last 2 shots he missed the weight, its time for whittaker to move on and fight someone else, I also doubt that they would make a champion fight the same guy 3 times in a row when the champ is up 2-0

it was a close fight, Romero lost...now given his last two weigh ins, he needs to either beg for another shot at 185 and then prove he can make if its given, or he needs to move up in weight...hes old and doesnt have many fights left for sure....and what better way to get on the right track than by moving up...taking out the number 1 guy and challenging for the title in his very next fight

if he stays at MW then hes at the very least taking another fight not against Whittaker..maybe more

so either path ...stay at MW or go up to LHW...it involves a minimum of 1 fight before he can go for gold

Gus finishes him, in the first if hes not tentative with his hands

There is absolutely no problem in setting up a Whittaker vs Romero 3 fight for the UFC. MW is basically a two-man division now. The second fight is a split decision win for Whittaker on paper but the UFC can't erase the fight from our memory. Fans saw what really happened there. We need 5 more rounds because there is unfinished bussiness. If they want to punish Romero for missing weight I'm okay with Whittaker taking the Gastelum fight as his next defense. But you can't tell Romero in which division he decides to fight. If Gustafsson is eager to call out middleweights he should have at least called Whittaker.

Lol @ you people getting mad at Gus for taking DC's advice here.

None of you said shit when DC proposed this match-up... But now it's something to get rustled about?

There is absolutely no problem in setting up a Whittaker vs Romero 3 fight for the UFC. MW is basically a two-man division now. The second fight is a split decision win for Whittaker on paper but the UFC can't erase the fight from our memory. Fans saw what really happened there. We need 5 more rounds because there is unfinished bussiness. If they want to punish Romero for missing weight I'm okay with Whittaker taking the Gastelum fight as his next defense. But you can't tell Romero in which division he decides to fight. If Gustafsson is eager to call out middleweights he should have at least called Whittaker.

For Whittaker to fight Romero 3 times in a row is ridiculous. Gus is doing more or less a favor to Romero.. If Romero wins it sets up Romero vs DC which is one hell of a match up

ya rockhold and whitaker really picked him apart huh? haha I had romero beating whitaker...

Did you even watch those fights?

Now imagine the first two rounds of Yoel vs Robert but this time everything Robert hits him with does serious damage.

For Whittaker to fight Romero 3 times in a row is ridiculous. Gus is doing more or less a favor to Romero.. If Romero wins it sets up Romero vs DC which is one hell of a match up

It's not ridiculous at all when both fights have been close. 3 and 4 fights have happened in boxing many times between all time greats. Why take pointless fights with unproven contenders when you have two so equally matched beasts always putting on a show.

Romero is not interested at all for moving up at 205. Gus should stop running his mouth and take a god damn fight, he is so passive.

It's not ridiculous at all when both fights have been close. 3 and 4 fights have happened in boxing many times between all time greats. Why take pointless fights with unproven contenders when you have two so equally matched beasts always putting on a show.

Romero is not interested at all for moving up at 205. Gus should stop running his mouth and take a god damn fight, he is so passive.

I'd rather have at least one different match up. Maybe something like Gastelum vs Whittaker (awesome fight) and Jacare vs Romero rematch for a title shot

Lets see this fight. Ban yoel from MW. Let him bulk and KO gus like rumble

Yoel is nothing like Rumble. Go and do a little research. How many MWs has Romero KO’d stiff with his hands? Undoubtedly less than the amount of LHWs that Rumble has KO’d stiff with his hands. How many MWs have staggered or hurt Romero with strikes? Undoubtedly more than LHWs have staggered or hurt Rumble.

Romero simply doesn’t have the tools to defeat Gus. It’s pretty clear.

Yoel won’t beat a guy that has done well against jones and dc

What's with Gus always calling out the losers of fights?

What a bum.
Gifted title shot Gus.

I'd rather have at least one different match up. Maybe something like Gastelum vs Whittaker (awesome fight) and Jacare vs Romero rematch for a title shot

romero 3 is the best option for Whittaker's legacy aswell. 185.2 or not he has unfinished bussiness with that old cuban man.

Series of fights between the best guys are great stories and build the sport for better. Not one sided fights.

I favour Alex by decision here but Romero is never someone you can count out. Great matchup; Yoel needs to move up to 205 anyway and Gus is the perfect opponent for his return to the division.

I get very annoyed with the fact Gus talks a lot but does not fight nearly enough to continue claiming he deserves a title shot.
He is 2-2 in his last 4 fights! Stay fucking active THEN talk!!!

Cuban missile via Cuban missile

DC may not come back to 205 so this could be a vacant/interim title fight

romero 3 is the best option for Whittaker's legacy aswell. 185.2 or not he has unfinished bussiness with that old cuban man.

Series of fights between the best guys are great stories and build the sport for better. Not one sided fights.

You think Whittaker vs Gastelum is one-sided? I see Whittaker taking some pretty hard punches in that one

Gus uses similar approach to Luke, and Yoel took his head off.

Also no one can make a gameplan for Yoel. He just fought orthadox while fighting southpaw throughout his whole career. Southpaw immobile Yoel will murk Gus.

Then fight at HW. Dude is like 6'4 calling out guys that are 5'11 and a weight class below him. SMH.

Romero fought for a title at LHW before and hasn't made weight in his last 2 title fights at MW

Back