Alexa Grasso vs Tatiana Suarez. Does UFC know what they’re doing?

It's a one inch reach advantage for Suarez. Fairly negligible. Also, a wider stance is better when facing wrestlers, because it better prepares you to sprawl against the takedowns.

To a point, yes. But when your stance is too wide it neuters your striking & mobility, sure it's better for stuffing takedowns, but you wouldn't need to stuff them in the first place if you can avoid them with footwork or hit the opponent on the way in so that they become hesitant to shoot. Real world example, Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard. Kenny came out in a wide low stance to (hopefully) stop takedowns from Maynard, but as a result he a)couldn't get any strikes off because his stance is shit, and b)gets shot on effortlessly by Maynard since he can't move well from his stance. This is a problem that Grasso is starting to run into with the way her stance is changing.

If you look at all the best counter-wrestlers; Aldo, Joanna, GSP, Whittaker, they all fight from a balanced stance that's narrower and more upright than the one Grasso's been using recently. There's a reason for that.

I don't know why everyone is just assuming Suarez will maul Grasso. Based on what previous wins of Suarez? ABC? Midget Sucuri?

Based on Grasso being underwhelming and Suarez having good wrestling. That being said Grasso is so beautiful.

BADDA45A-A7B5-4F2E-8871-7D2BF914939D.jpeg 3C258525-E75E-4B93-BCF2-E9BD2B926EBC.jpeg

Seriously. Page 3 before a picture.

So disappointed.

Let me preface, that I don’t even care for WMMA.

However, I was under the impression that UFC wanted to build a Latin American fanbase behind Alexa Grasso, then ends up pitting her up against Suarez who will probably strangle her?

I mean, at least Suarez will get the recognition but this further explains WME has no idea what they’re doing.

They clearly intend to force WMMA into the UFC but they can’t even do that shit correctly.
No they don't. They are horrible at match making. Guarantee Suarez wins. They just throwing Alexa in the dirt. Sean Shelby is a twat.

No they don't. They are horrible at match making. Guarantee Suarez wins. They just throwing Alexa in the dirt. Sean Shelby is a twat.
Both are prospects and a loss isnt the end of the world for either girl. Get ahold of yourself.

Don't get the hate for WMMA on an MMA Forum... They have good and bad fights. But I have yet to see a Nate Quarry - Khalib Starnes circus...

They're putting a ranked mexican and an undefeated chick with a latina name in a south american country where they are making their first event, trying to appeal to those chileanos, argentinos and peruanos with a fun fight between ranked fighters with names they can pronounce.

No?

People bitch when UFC protects their supposed star, people bitch when UFC makes sensible matches ranking wise, saying that they're not protecting their stars.

Is normal.
100% u win I can't believe everyone on here saying boohoo mah two favorite girls have to fight each other why can't they both fight pillows. This is mma win big fights and reap the rewards or take a step back.

Grasshoppa gon' have a hard time hurting Suarez

dat chin

20160709102106_5D3_0067.JPG

Don't get the hate for WMMA on an MMA Forum... They have good and bad fights. But I have yet to see a Nate Quarry - Khalib Starnes circus...

I don’t get the confusion of why you dont understand why people don’t enjoy WMMA.

I understand why some of you enjoy it.

Some of you want to watch because y’all whack off to that sh*t or whatever I suppose.

I admire all women learning martial arts but I don’t want to watch that shit on UFC cards. An all WOMENS org maybe, NOT UFC.

It's not as if Grasso is going to get beat up, more likely tied up and submitted.

Maybe such a loss will tell Grasso that she needs some experience away from her uncle's boxing orientated gym, that would be a good thing. You don't get to the top without fighting the best, a loss to Suarez isn't going to hurt her reputation and who knows she might even win.
I think she is pretty scrappy and don’t see the hype with Suarez.
I got Grasso here.

If you can’t win fights, you shouldn’t be in the UFC just because you’re cute.

Every fight is an opportunity, that’s how every fighter should approach a tough fight ( which I’m sure Grasso is doing).

Alexa Grasso is so damn hot. Her walkouts are the best. Even when the decision is announced that she lost, she's still fun to watch.

I don't understand the match-making either...other than the "styles make fights" maxim: this is definitely a striker vs. grappler bout.

It was a while ago, and Grasso has likely worked on her weaknesses a lot during the intervening time, but Inoue took Grasso down no problem. Alexa was really struggling on the ground in that fight. I think Saurez has better take downs than Inoue. So, it'll be a big test for Grasso. (I DO believe the Suarez hype, provided she stays healthy).

Jarl

Felice and Randa aren't exactly cans. UFC hasn't been protecting Alexa.

I think they are actually training to get some latin american fans hyped on Tatiana Suarez

Grasso is fine, grasso vs dern for the wood lift champion of the world

Back