Alexa Grasso vs Tatiana Suarez. Does UFC know what they’re doing?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Let me preface, that I don’t even care for WMMA.

However, I was under the impression that UFC wanted to build a Latin American fanbase behind Alexa Grasso, then ends up pitting her up against Suarez who will probably strangle her?

I mean, at least Suarez will get the recognition but this further explains WME has no idea what they’re doing.

They clearly intend to force WMMA into the UFC but they can’t even do that shit correctly.

People bitch when UFC protects their supposed star, people bitch when UFC makes sensible matches ranking wise, saying that they're not protecting their stars.

Is normal.

Grasso's run in the UFC hasn't been spectacular so far. The matchmakers may have elected to put her against another hot prospect and let the chips fall where they may, this way one of them will come out victorious with better name recognition and brand.

Last edited:
Yeah, dumbest match up in a long time. Grasso is going to get absolutely mauled. I reckon it'll be the sort of mauling that is going to seriously fuck with her head. She's already sort of gun-shy in the UFC and this is just going to fuck her mentally when she's so young and slam her motivation.

I think the same thing happened with Paige. Fought out of her league too often too soon and know she's talking about things outside of fighting.

The whole "give a Mexican fighter easier fights so that the UFC becomes huge in Mexico" idea is as stupid now as it was years ago.

Lol how insecure and afraid of other sherdoggers someone has to be to start a thread like that? LOL you clearly care, stop lying to yourself and embrace WMMA, it's the real deal in this sport

<GrassoBless>

They know exactly what they’re doing. They lit a flaming bag of dogshit and put it on your doorstep, and here you are stomping it out.

It's not as if Grasso is going to get beat up, more likely tied up and submitted.

Maybe such a loss will tell Grasso that she needs some experience away from her uncle's boxing orientated gym, that would be a good thing. You don't get to the top without fighting the best, a loss to Suarez isn't going to hurt her reputation and who knows she might even win.

Jeebus...

How do you prove you’re full of shit, in the first sentence, of your own thread. And, actually draw attention to it ?

giphy.gif

LOL.

However, I was under the impression that UFC wanted to build a Latin American fanbase behind Alexa Grasso, then ends up pitting her up against Suarez who will probably strangle her?

I mean, at least Suarez will get the recognition but this further explains WME has no idea what they’re doing.

They clearly intend to force WMMA into the UFC but they can’t even do that shit correctly.

I do care about WMMA and what the UFC is doing is the same thing they have always done and not give fighters an easy road. They match up prospects and let the cream rise to the top.

Not the smartest idea for promotions looking to build stars but as far as what's smart for sport and competition this is just fine.

I don't even know who those pittypatters are as I skip past most WMMA fights. How's THAT for not caring?

I don't know why everyone is just assuming Suarez will maul Grasso. Based on what previous wins of Suarez? ABC? Midget Sucuri?

Grasso has been a huge disappointment. She used to fight very aggressively and knock chicks out, but for awhile now she has chosen to fight very passively.

She has good take down defence but if she fights like against Herring and Markos I think she's going to lose. Tatiana will take her down at some point.

Well WMMA is still alive so no, they dont know what they're doing.

I don't know why everyone is just assuming Suarez will maul Grasso. Based on what previous wins of Suarez? ABC? Midget Sucuri?

I'm not sold on Suarez yet either. I don't understand the hype. Grasso is actually a big step up in competition for Suarez. It's Suarez fans who should be worried.

It really is a dumb fight to make. Where is no knees heather jo clark at?

Back