Media Alex Pereira faces off with Ciryl Gane

Who wins if they were to fight?

• Total voters
Gane is good at avoiding power while scoring with his own strikes. And he wouldn't have to worry about being taken down.
No fighter has shown to be good against Alex's calf kicks. Its gonna take someone with a gameplan like Charles had against Justin to neutralize him. I don't see this from Gane.

Same thing was said when facing Francis

Take nothing for granted in this “sport”
They hesrd Francis was planning to wrestle due to his knee issue. They have said this. They also said they didn't believe it. That's just stupidity on their end.

The Poatan that exists in people's minds is not the inactive and very hittable Poatan that exists in reality.

Gane would piece him up.

I think Gane would take Pereira down tbh. People let the Jones loss make them forget he has a decent ground game. I think maybe if Pereira beats Ankalaev it's a real possibility.

I think Gane would take Pereira down tbh. People let the Jones loss make them forget he has a decent ground game. I think maybe if Pereira beats Ankalaev it's a real possibility.
Does he? Ngannou out grappled him pretty easily.

Poatan could easily add some mass and own the HW Division

No because he is too slender. Similarly to Okami at LHW.

You really need to get it right:

Yushin Okami was never a big MW.

Fought the way bigger Rich Franklin as a lanky 6'2" who barely cut weight to 185:
full

Weighted-in at soft 200lbs with clothes on for a week-notice bout vs OSP at LHW

A below average sized MW by today standards.
A tiny MW by Pereira's standards.

full

Barely above average sized WW in modern day

That should put to rest any rumor/idea of Alex at HW. Gane is a 230-240 hw and he kind dwarfed Alex tbh. As I always stated, Alex might’ve been big for a mw but looks normal at lhw. He has a tall narrow physique with chicken legs .

People are forgetting that Gane has a weak chin. He was dropped by Tuivasa, who isn't a big puncher. Pereira would sleep him with a glancing blow.

As much as I'd like to see a 3 belt champ, there are plenty of interesting fights for Poatan at LHW, until he loses the belt and then could move up.

Let Gane fight Aspinal in London or Paris next year and the winner can get Jones.

Interestingly, Since Nov 2021 Poatan has gone 6-1, winning a belt in 2 divisions.

Since Nov 2021 Gane has gone 2-2, losing 2 title fights

Back