Media Alex Pereira faces off with Ciryl Gane

Who wins if they were to fight?

• Total voters
Gane probably sleeps within 2 rounds

Poatan is definitely not shying away from fighting heavyweights. He made this known before, by calling out reigning GLORY heavyweight-champion Rico Verhoeven to become triple champ, right after winning the LHW-belt against Artem Vakhitov.
Badass move if you ask me:

Unfortunately the Rico Verhoeven fight never materialized, which makes me wonder how Alex Pereira vs Ciryl Gane would play out instead.

Glover Teixeira recently also said Pereira could move up to heavyweight in the future, as he walks around at +- 235lbs.
Three-division champion incoming?:cool:

Walking around at 233 is insane. I just gained a bit more respect for Adesanya for having such close fights with Alex despite being the far smaller man. Izzy doesn't get over 200 😅. Alex challenging for the HW belt would be crazy.

Yeah Rumble was once able to make welterweight... draining the hell out of himself before the age of 30 and then got progressively larger as the years passed.

Alex is pretty close to the end of his career, 36 years old and has a lot of miles in combat sports on him. I think some of you guys must not exercise at all if you think he's going to build 20+ pounds of muscle at his age and carry the weight well in the cage.

lol he doesn't need 20 lbs of muscle, he's already heavyweight size. Couture was fighting at heavyweight into his 40s and was significantly smaller than Pereira.

lol he doesn't need 20 lbs of muscle, he's already heavyweight size. Couture was fighting at heavyweight into his 40s and was significantly smaller than Pereira.

- Couture could wrestle, Pereira can't (offensively at heavyweight at least)

- Gane stood on the feet with Ngannou & Lewis and barely got touched. You guys really think he'd be scared of Pereira's power? lol

- Couture could wrestle, Pereira can't (offensively at heavyweight at least)

- Gane stood on the feet with Ngannou & Lewis and barely got touched. You guys really think he'd be scared of Pereira's power? lol

Who exactly is Gane scared of? I'm not sure how that changes the fact Pereira is already heavyweight sized.

People are forgetting that Gane has a weak chin. He was dropped by Tuivasa, who isn't a big puncher. Pereira would sleep him with a glancing blow.

I guess that's why he was ko'ed so easily by Ngannou. Oh wait.

I get that Alex is getting up their age and came late to the game and wants to cement his legacy while he can, but I wouldn't want to see this until he's either dethroned at 205 or has successfully defended his strap at least two or three times. I think any sitting champ should have to defend twice or thrice before any talk of "Superfights" materializes, personally. Also not much point in talking about it yet given that the Heavyweight title picture is a mess right now.

That being said, yeah here are two posts where I talked about it:

That being said, I would be open to being proven wrong and I hope to see Alex at least dip his toes in Heavyweight waters prior to the end of his career. It would be fun regardless of how it ends and if he actually managed to pull it off by earning the HW strap against whoever's holding it by then we're talking legitimate P4P Combat Sports GOAT territory, lol.

Its interesting how he can basically be a HW, on the lighter end, and used to fight at 185lbs, he doesnt look HW big, next to Gane he still looks slimmer, just tall AF, if he can fight him at his peak form at or close to 240lbs then we might have a fight here, Gane is usually 250lbs, fucking book it.

For one fight which was vs ngannou . He normally weighs in at 232-234ish.

In his recent fights he has been close or at 250lbs.

It's all for the marks, he isn't planning to move up to HW.

hopefully alex will go up, he has nothing left to lose now. no woman, no cry, no HW title.

I think Alex would have a tough time against many HWs.. but he is a bad matchup for Gane.

Honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked if Alex out grappled him.

Back