Aldo in the second Holloway is the best version of Aldo we’ve ever seen

Anyone who's not a noob knows Aldo's gas tank was gold at times, against Mendes and Edgar in particular - his two toughest opponents aside from Max.

Max II was also short notice.

TS doesn't know what he's talking about.

Neither of those opponents tried to wear him down. And then on top of that, Holloway wouldn't let him rest. Holloway is a much more tiring person to fight.

Aldo was doing well in both fights.

I was surprised Holloway could just stand there like an iron man and eat some of those shots.

Neither of those opponents tried to wear him down. And then on top of that, Holloway wouldn't let him rest. Holloway is a much more tiring person to fight.

Frankie tries to wear every opponent down and against Aldo attempted exactly that. Aldo was just too good on the night, even with all those miles on the clock.

Silly me, I thought the best Aldo we ever saw was the one that COUNTERED JABS WITH KNEES

tumblr_m52ep0dsXO1rx2pilo1_500.gif

Aldo boxing and head movement look better than ever in the second Holloway fight,he’s more patient And know when to explode,his counter striking also got better,but Holloway is just a more skilled striker.no shame of losing to a better fighter

Geez TS. I honestly didn’t think nobody else could take into account

-the difference in effectiveness of strikes against a taller opponent vs shorter opponents.

-the difference in ability to avoid strikes from a taller opponent.

-the difference in skill between Holloway and everyone in the WEC.

Aldo did look great in that fight, and showed more heart than he ever had to before. I agree that he showed up at his best, and Max is that good.

Aldo is outside of his athletic prime and has a TON of millage. Stop and count all the injuries. One day, Holloway will have years of wear and tear and be facing the next great thing, and look old. This is how MMA works, virtually no one exits on top.

The closet we can cite for leaving on top is Georges, and he retired on a controversial split decision looking like he fought a bear.

If we had to pick the best Jose Aldo, it would probably be something in the course of 3-4 years ago.

Frankie tries to wear every opponent down and against Aldo attempted exactly that. Aldo was just too good on the night, even with all those miles on the clock.

No, there were points he gave Aldo to breathe. Otherwise, it would have looked like the Holloway fight. Holloway actually fought a better Jose than Frankie did. He didn't suddenly lose his ability to fight five rounds.

I fucking hate people on this site sometimes

not even close. he spent the whole fight head-hunting. was a painful fight to watch.

Aldo is outside of his athletic prime and has a TON of millage. Stop and count all the injuries. One day, Holloway will have years of wear and tear and be facing the next great thing, and look old. This is how MMA works, virtually no one exits on top.

The closet we can cite for leaving on top is Georges, and he retired on a controversial split decision looking like he fought a bear.

If we had to pick the best Jose Aldo, it would probably be something in the course of 3-4 years ago.
This

WEC Aldo is the best Aldo we have ever seen. The guy who wrecked prime Mike Brown and Urijah Faber. He was untouchable back then.

Uriah Faber is 5'5
Brown is 5'6

Holloway is 5'11

Post-Usada Aldo and Barao haven't been same

Lol

And the Machida that beat Anders is the best we’ve ever see

The GSP that beat Bisping is the best we’ve ever seen

Back