Aldo in the second Holloway is the best version of Aldo we’ve ever seen

He looked good for sure. But Aldo in WEC was a finishing machine that was untouchable.

giphy.gif

lotr-gif-challenge-use-every-third-gif-in-your

Idk about it being the best version but that was some goat head movement for awhile in that fight, epescially considering he was exhausted

Aldo did better in the first fight with Holloway. He came out cautious in the 2nd fight, looking like he didn't want to gas out. He still slowed down at pretty much the same point in both fights. Maybe if he went all out, like Joe Louis verse Schmeling in the second fight, he could have gotten a early stoppage. He couldn't coast in the later rounds - as he did often in his championship reign - and get a decision over Max. The best version of Aldo was in the second Mendes fight, keeping a high intensity for 5 rounds.

I didn't like it that much.

He was throwing many hooks, like he was boxing. MMA is a game for straight punches, and that's how Holloway caught him.

What made Holloway better was denying Aldo those resting periods between blitzes.

Anyone who's not a noob knows Aldo's gas tank was gold at times, against Mendes and Edgar in particular - his two toughest opponents aside from Max.

Max II was also short notice.

TS doesn't know what he's talking about.

I wouldn't call It necessarily the best but I agree that was the best his boxing has looked.

His chin has just been through wars

all the work with robert garcia in the world will not change that unfortunately

he was doing well against Max until he gassed In the 3rd.

Aldo being passed his prime is a myth. He’s simply fighting better fighters that aren’t midget wrestlers

You're right when we only talk about his technical skills but at this point he'd suffered 2 brutal losses and grown a hatred for the company he works that employs him.

Many other factors as well but I do agree it's the most technical he's been.

WEC Aldo is the best Aldo we have ever seen. The guy who wrecked prime Mike Brown and Urijah Faber. He was untouchable back then.
Mike Brown would be no one in today's game, and Uriijah was too small for that weight division.

There is NO version of Aldo that would have a chance against Max. Max walked right through Aldo's best punches, and beat him like a freckled, red-headed step child.

He looked good for sure. But Aldo in WEC was a finishing machine that was untouchable.
Untouchable against smaller and lesser fighters. He stopped being a finishing machine when his level of competition went up.

Aldo boxing and head movement look better than ever in the second Holloway fight,he’s more patient And know when to explode,his counter striking also got better,but Holloway is just a more skilled striker.no shame of losing to a better fighter
Im glad some fans sees the evolution of the game and actually understands that a well known p4p fighter can loose to a better fighter unknown fighter. Ariel Helwani is probobly the most influencial reporter in the game and he dont know jack shit about fighting, always talking about fighters regressing when they loose insted of recognizing that the less known chalanger actually is more skilled than the p4p fighter ever was.

UFC 200 Aldo was the best Aldo ever. He was basically untouchable.

Frankie mounted zero offense. He was what 0/11 on takedown attempts? I understand styles make fights but Edgar was red hot and would have been a handful for anyone that night. Aldo made it look it easy. Kind of a testament to just how good Holloway is right now.

Back