News Al Iaquinta is ranked #4 rightnow

Get Diaz & Chiesa out of the 155 rankings & slide in Islam & Taisumov

Those ratings do not and have not ever meant anything at all. The UFC could put CM Punk at number 1 in every division.

Where does he rank in the media poll or whatever? Or do we not have one of those because we’re cage fighting?

The UFC ranking is a media poll

Barboza won didn't he? Why has he dropped in ranking?McGregor shouldn't be in top 5.

Barboza won didn't he? Why has he dropped in ranking?McGregor shouldn't be in top 5.
Sucks for Barboza, but it's 100% justified moving Iaquinta ahead of him. I mean he beat the guy that beat him to an absolute pulp. But I do think Edson's win over Hooker should get him his next fight against a higher ranked guy.

I guess Conor and Tony fans in hiding can't say bu bu "Al's not even a top 5"! now

Islam rapes almost everyone on that list. What a joke.
Lol no one fears Al and who the hell is Islam never heard of him and I watch alot of ufc fights even crappy womens mma ones

Funny thing is - Al matches up real well against the rest of the top-5 other than Khabib.

I think he matches up great vs a hit-able Ferguson, a chinny Poirier, and a glass-jaw rat Irishman. Call me crazy but I could see him KO'ing those guys. Connor's the guy IMO who I'd bet money on to beat him, but I could see Al coming out with a wrestle-heavy game-plan and give Connor some problems.

Should be 3 with Dustin being 2 and Ferg 1

Right now... I'd say Al beats Conor.

I guess Conor and Tony fans in hiding can't say bu bu "Al's not even a top 5"! now

Islam rapes almost everyone on that list. What a joke.
Islam needs to rise in the ranks. What are you talking about?

Last edited:
Is it? How do we explain inactive fighters frequently climbing the ranks before an upcoming fight?

Pretty easily actually. Opinions change. You go from not hearing about a fighter for months to all of a sudden they have a fight scheduled and everyone is hyping them up and remembering how good they are. Humans are easily influenced by even the smallest changes.

View attachment 489855

#2 Conor vs #4 Al pls
we don't wanna see Dustin we saw that fight already
Chiesa moved to 170lb why is he still ranked #9 at 155

About time Conor fought iaquinta for three reasons:

1) he's a NY native. Would be Huge fight in msg.

2) iaquinta doesn't give a fuck and he says what he's thinking. Would make for good promotion

3) he's a real estate agent. He sells shit for a living

4) he's a stand up striker. None of that khabib wrestling shit.

5) he has a chin on him

6) God damn just make the damn fight already

Why the Hell is Chiesa still in the top 10 and why is Hooker still ranked.

Also Khabib now has two wins over top 5 guys while Tony Ferguson has zero. Khabib is also the lineal champ and official UFC champ. Yet somehow people still think Ferguson has beat all the top guys in the division and is the real champ, while Khabib is just a can crusher paper champ lmao.
Dude losing to a top 5 lightweight when you're ranked 14 shouldn't drop you out of the top 15. That's weird that you think that

Those ratings do not and have not ever meant anything at all. The UFC could put CM Punk at number 1 in every division.

Where does he rank in the media poll or whatever? Or do we not have one of those because we’re cage fighting?

The UFC rankings are a collation of media polls from various sources, which are listed right there on the site...

Disgracefully biased rankings; why the hell is conner ranked #2? He has one win at lw vs a guy who isn't even relevant at this point.

Back