News Al Iaquinta is ranked #4 rightnow

Al literally goes years without fighting and is an inactive fighter. No idea why you made this thread or pretend like he's fighting again any time soon
he had some problems with the UFC but now everything is good according to him

Those ratings do not and have not ever meant anything at all. The UFC could put CM Punk at number 1 in every division.

Where does he rank in the media poll or whatever? Or do we not have one of those because we’re cage fighting?

That's what those are bro. The UFC official rankings are based on a media panel rankings.

I'm saying fighters that are top 5 currently in the division. Khabib has two (Al, Conor). Tony has nine.

Nine wins over current top 5s? Lol, that's impressive. Seriously though, bud, what matters is where your opponent is ranked when you beat him, not where they eventually end up at.

Nine wins over current top 5s? Lol, that's impressive. Seriously though, bud, what matters is where your opponent is ranked when you beat him, not where they eventually end up at.
It doesn't matter when it's from years ago when somebody was a green prospect bum and has now become a dominant champion like when McGregor fans try to prop up his Holloway win.

Current position definitely matters when Iaquinta was an extremely recent fight and he was only ranked #11 against Khabib due to the inactivity and we finally got to gauge how good he really was.

It doesn't matter when it's from years ago when somebody was a green prospect bum and has now become a dominant champion like when McGregor fans try to prop up his Holloway win.

Current position definitely matters when Iaquinta was an extremely recent fight and he was only ranked #11 against Khabib due to the inactivity and we finally got to gauge how good he really was.

It matters somewhat, but not as much as how highly they were ranked when he won. You also can't really say that because they got into the top 5 you can retroactively see how good he was back then, because in between the time Khabib beat them and the time they entered the top 5 they probably improved a lot. So they are better now then when Khabib beat them, just like Khabib is better now too.

Also, you can't discount Tony's top 5 wins because they either dropped off or moved up a weight class. They were legit when the fight happened, so the merit of the win is justified.

Those ratings do not and have not ever meant anything at all.

And yet, I would have every higher ranked fighter as an odd favorite against every lower ranked fighter with the current LW list.

Except Conor, I have him as the 'dog going down to #7

The current list is pretty good imo

I am glad that puts an end to fucking morons screaming number 11 real estate agent everytime Khabib's wins are brought up

No it doesn't. He was #11 ranked and a real estate agent when Khabib beat him. Nothing has changed....

So Barboza gives a prospect internal bleeding but still goes down one spot just so they can still have Mcnuggets at #2?

<{hfved}>

Yes, if Conor will do it, Ferguson v Poirer & Conor v Al I.

And if Conor & Khabib don't fight in 2019 like we all expect, then Al I can fight the winner of Ferguson v Poirer, for the belt. If he wants a warm up, give him a warm up fight.

Back