News Al Iaquinta is ranked #4 rightnow

How Islam is not ranked is beyond me. He’d embarrass quite a few people on that list

its weird that i saw potential in him in TUF and here he is at #4. hell yeah

Dan Hooker gets to stay in the top 15 due to being too tough to tap? Should have been dropped out and Gregor should have entered top 15.

I like gillespie, but at least hooker fought some decent guys or vets like Burns, miller, and pearson. Can you even think of one of gillespie's opponents off the top of your head? I can't.

The ufc are going far too slow with gillespie. I hope he gets a ranked opponent next for sure.

Last edited:
I rank him above Poirier now, good call
solid call, al took some time off fighting(a year between april 17 and april 18) and that stopped him from racking up more wins. and having bigger names on his resume. but al has a great track record going 9-3 from his 12 ufc fights. would actually be a good fight between poirer and al. contender fight for sure. i just want khabib to fight tony when ever the suspension is over. and then al fight someone inbetween. he wont have to take any time off after this fight, just the usual 30 days which i think they give any fighter.

Good for Al. A guy who was outspoken against low fighter pay, and treatment of the fighters by the company, and still always showed up to slump motherfuckers. His elbow KO on Ogle is violent and beauitfup. His Sanchez finish was great as well. Also dont fucking boo him, he's not the judge damnit. Glad he managed to crack the top 5 and Kevin Lee again all in the same weekend. He is probably tearing his living room to shreds right now how happy he is

Great fight and undeniably great fighters, but the main takeaway from that fight was that Al and Lee looked unimpressive and sloppy as fuck compared to the top 3 contenders in the division.

I think Al beats Dustin and Conor, so he's a number 2 for me

View attachment 489855

#2 Conor vs #4 Al pls
we don't wanna see Dustin we saw that fight already
Chiesa moved to 170lb why is he still ranked #9 at 155
Al is good but seems to be the Jeremy Stephens of 155. Hard hitting, hard to put away, grit for days. We will see if he never gets another shot because he has a murderer’s row ahead of him

Al is good but seems to be the Jeremy Stephens of 155. Hard hitting, hard to put away, grit for days. We will see if he never gets another shot because he has a murderer’s row ahead of him
Al's ground game, offensive wrestling and takedown defense are miles better than Jeremy Stephens. Stephens would get steamrolled by a 145 version of Kevin Lee, terrible comparison.

Barboza has to be pissed. Forever damaged a guys insides and drops out of the top 5 as a result.

Al beat the guy who Barboza couldnt beat, what do you expect? While Barboza was fighting a top 20, Al was beating a top 5 in Kevin.....

Islam gonna start taking these fools out, one by one.

View attachment 489855

#2 Conor vs #4 Al pls
we don't wanna see Dustin we saw that fight already
Chiesa moved to 170lb why is he still ranked #9 at 155

Al literally goes years without fighting and is an inactive fighter. No idea why you made this thread or pretend like he's fighting again any time soon

Back