News Al Iaquinta is ranked #4 rightnow

Why do they make those fights then? Guy goes through a training camp, has a great perfomance and wins, and he drops in ranking.

He's not dropping because he won but because Al beat someone better than him. If Al lost, he wouldn't have moved rankings but because Al won, Al moves above him and has to push him down.

Diaz still ranked? Last fight at lightweight was in 2015
Conor still needs a top 10 win in his record...other than Diaz he has none now... But he is ranked 2nd... right..........

He's not dropping because he won but because Al beat someone better than him. If Al lost, he wouldn't have moved rankings but because Al won, Al moves above him and has to push him down.
You don't need to point out how it works with underlining words like I'm in 2nd grade, dude.

I was pointing out how dumb the ranking system works.

So Barboza gives a prospect internal bleeding but still goes down one spot just so they can still have Mcnuggets at #2?

<{hfved}>
This is bizarre. A dominant performance with a finish against a ranked guy and he goes down in rankings

You don't need to point out how it works with underlining words like I'm in 2nd grade, dude.

It's working as intended and not dumb at all though.

How would you move up by beating lower tier guys while someone else beats a higher tier guy the same night?

They'd move up and you'd move down, no?

It's a very simple concept that makes completely logical sense that you and other people don't seem to be getting that calls for things to be fuckin underlined.

I feel like both will fight in February. Cards in Czech Republic & Australia. Or March which has London & 3 TBD locations for other fight nights. Although I think the last FN will be turned in to another ppv since they plan on doing the same number of ppvs. Doing 2 in March like December is plausible. The 2nd & the 30th.
I really hope they book them against top 15 fighters, it sucks how they keep getting fed bums

It's working as intended and not dumb at all though.

How would you move up by beating lower tier guys while someone else beats a higher tier guy the same night?

They'd move up and you'd move down, no?

It's a very simple concept that makes completely logical sense that you and other people don't seem to be getting that calls for things to be fuckin underlined.
So what point is there for anyone to fight someone that's lower tier if all it will do is move them down in rank?

Should I underline all of that for you or are you going to be a dipshit some more?

Sources close to Conor’s bank account tell me there is zero chance this fight happens.

So what point is there for anyone to fight someone that's lower tier if all it will do is move them down in rank?

Should I underline all of that for you or are you going to be a dipshit some more?

Because you can't take another fight.

Because the guys above you have beaten your shit in so you have to take a lower ranked fight.

Because you want to rebound against a weaker guy after getting your shit completely kicked in be guys above you in ranking.

Because the org you're in doesn't deem you worthy of fighting higher ranking guys because you just got your shit completely blown in by higher ranked guys and they want to offer you an easier fight as well as a chance for a guy to prove himself.

Because everyone else already has fights lined up and you want a fight.

Because a lower rank guy wants to prove himself against you.

Because you don't care and you just want to fight.

There are many reasons for these fights to happen.

And it really doesnt even have anything to do with Hooker being ranked so much lower than him. Barboza could've literally beat Justin Gaethje, the #6 guy, the same night and he would've dropped in rank because Al beat the guy above him.

Because you can't take another fight.

Because the guys above you have beaten your shit in so you have to take a lower ranked fight.

Because you want to rebound against a weaker guy after getting your shit completely kicked in be guys above you in ranking.

Because the org you're in doesn't deem you worthy of fighting higher ranking guys because you just got your shit completely blown in by higher ranked guys and they want to offer you an easier fight as well as a chance for a guy to prove himself.

Because everyone else already has fights lined up and you want a fight.

Because a lower rank guy wants to prove himself against you.

Because you don't care and you just want to fight.

There are many reasons for these fights to happen.

And it really doesnt even have anything to do with Hooker being ranked so much lower than him. Barboza could've literally beat Justin Gaethje, the #6 guy, the same night and he would've dropped in rank because Al beat the guy above him.
And you just proved my point of why the ranking system is dumb.

Thank you.

And you just proved my point of why the ranking system is dumb.

Thank you.

Why is it dumb?

You will move down to make room for someone ranking up above you.

It makes complete and logical sense.

Going down in rank doesn't make you any worse, it only means there are fighters moving up above you. Like, that's literally what's happening in the division.

Take out all the numbers, Khabib, Tony, Conor, Poirier, Al, Lee are all still ahead of Barboza in the pecking order. The ranking list just puts it into a form that can be visualized.

Why is it dumb?

You will move down to make room for someone ranking up above you.

It makes complete and logical sense.

Going down in rank doesn't make you any worse, it only means there are fighters moving up above you. Like, that's literally what's happening in the division.

Take out all the numbers, Khabib, Tony, Conor, Poirier, Al, Lee are all still ahead of Barboza in the pecking order. The ranking list just puts it into a form that can be visualized.
Please change your title to "Captain Obvious".

Barboza had his chance to climb the rankings against Khabib, and he lost. Now he got a fight outside the top 10 like a gatekeeper, and of course that win over #14 shouldn't move him up.
Also, that part of your comment is ridiculous:
No, that's not true, beating Dan Hooker didn't moved him down at all, IAQUINTA beating Lee moved him down, as it should have. 2 non correlated fights, with 2 different effects on rankings.
  • Barboza def. Hooker - nothing in the rankings change (it shouldn't)
  • Iaquinta def. Lee - Iaquinta climbs to #4, causing Barboza to fall 1 spot

I've said in the past Al is easily a top 5, possibly a top 3, looks like it is finally happening for the guy and it's good he is getting truly recognised publicly. I'd love to see Al vs Conor more than anything right now.

At least we finally have the best guy in the division as the Champion. Took long enough.

I guess Conor and Tony fans in hiding can't say bu bu "Al's not even a top 5"! now

Islam rapes almost everyone on that list. What a joke.

He’s gonna get his, but he’s gotta climb the ladder just like anyone else.

I think he’s a killer and very legit, but we won’t know until we do otherwise it’s just potential at this stage at this level.

Potential= Erick Silva...

I think we can all agree Erick is the only young hungry lion with potential to take down tyron, once he gets a lil more seasoned with experience.

Last edited:
Back