News Al Iaquinta is ranked #4 rightnow

Gregor ragdolls most guys on that list, including Islam. But that's not how they make rankings.
Gregor would not ragdoll Islam, you can say he could win but to say that he'd ragdoll a grappler as good as Islam is laughable. Most likely their grappling cancels out and Islam pieces him up on the feet, in my opinion.

Gregor would not ragdoll Islam, you can say he could win but to say that he'd ragdoll a grappler as good as Islam is laughable. Most likely their grappling cancels out and Islam pieces him up on the feet, in my opinion.

Gregor has shown (to me) far more dynamic MMA wrestling. "Ragdoll" is too strong a word. But I do think he's simply the better wrestler and scrambler. And I think he'd 30-27 Islam.

Gregor has shown a tendency to want to brawl at times in the past, that's a concern. Islam is the more polished striker obviously (though I think Gregor hits like a truck and has good chin/recovery plus a willingness to trade--which makes him dangerous). If Martins can have Islam face planting, I have no doubt Gregor could too.

In the end, I definitely favor Gregor. But yeah "ragdoll" is too strong a word, fine. I guess I get caught up in all the silly hyperbole of @flyingoctoplata and like to take my own shots LOL.

Why the Hell is Chiesa still in the top 10 and why is Hooker still ranked.

Also Khabib now has two wins over top 5 guys while Tony Ferguson has zero. Khabib is also the lineal champ and official UFC champ. Yet somehow people still think Ferguson has beat all the top guys in the division and is the real champ, while Khabib is just a can crusher paper champ lmao.

This is why I dont understand why you guys even pay attention rankings lol. Its not even a good indicator of future title shots. Its beyond a waste of time

Al literally goes years without fighting and is an inactive fighter. No idea why you made this thread or pretend like he's fighting again any time soon
if his next fight is with Conor, then 2 years would be about right for both.

giphy.gif

Should be:
Khabib
Ferguson
Al
Lee/Dustin

I guess we are going to pretend Conor is #2 and follow that narrative by keeping Nate Diaz in there. Is CM punk top 10 in the p4p as well?

giphy.gif

Should be:
Khabib
Ferguson
Al
Lee/Dustin

I guess we are going to pretend Conor is #2 and follow that narrative by keeping Nate Diaz in there. Is CM punk top 10 in the p4p as well?

I'm not saying Dustin is the better fighter necessarily, but I gotta have him over Al right now rankings-wise. I might pick Al to beat him if they fight, but again that's not how rankings work.

Seems obvious to me:

Barboza vs Gaethje
Al vs. Poirier
Khabib vs. tony
One could say McGregor vs Poirier is the fight to make, but these matchups make much more sense. Book McGregor vs Diaz 3

I'm not saying Dustin is the better fighter necessarily, but I gotta have him over Al right now rankings-wise. I might pick Al to beat him if they fight, but again that's not how rankings work.
I don’t disagree altogether with that. Maybe it goes Dustin/Al then Lee. I have trouble picking Dustin against such strong wrestlers I guess, but at the same time I’m not sure how they beat him. He seems to be a different fighter at 155.

I guess Conor and Tony fans in hiding can't say bu bu "Al's not even a top 5"! now

Islam rapes almost everyone on that list. What a joke.

No tony fan is hiding, we just need Khabib and no one else makes sense right now.

Gregor has shown (to me) far more dynamic MMA wrestling. "Ragdoll" is too strong a word. But I do think he's simply the better wrestler and scrambler. And I think he'd 30-27 Islam.

Gregor has shown a tendency to want to brawl at times in the past, that's a concern. Islam is the more polished striker obviously (though I think Gregor hits like a truck and has good chin/recovery plus a willingness to trade--which makes him dangerous). If Martins can have Islam face planting, I have no doubt Gregor could too.

In the end, I definitely favor Gregor. But yeah "ragdoll" is too strong a word, fine. I guess I get caught up in all the silly hyperbole of @flyingoctoplata and like to take my own shots LOL.

Yeah. Gregor likes to bang in the pocket and he's been stunned hard several times because of it. He's also a lot smaller than Islam. I'd like to see that fight for sure.

After his entertaining performance Saturday night... I was pumped up and went to use him for the first time in the VideoGame. The game does not do him justice. Hopefully they up his moves and rating.

Why havent they given Taisumov and Islam a fight already? It feels like its been forever
I feel like both will fight in February. Cards in Czech Republic & Australia. Or March which has London & 3 TBD locations for other fight nights. Although I think the last FN will be turned in to another ppv since they plan on doing the same number of ppvs. Doing 2 in March like December is plausible. The 2nd & the 30th.

Back