African American vs Hispanic American rift?

Most of the violent crime in the US is actually intraracial.

Crime.png

The homicide rate has also been halved since the 1990s.

Murder.png

I'm an extreme minority where I currently live, not for lack of funds because I could get away from all the people of color if I really wanted to but mostly because it's silly conveniently located to both my university and work place. Have a lot of problems? Hell nah, I'm like pink dick exotic down here - they rather fuck me than fight me.
s0208.gif
It's definitely a different universe from North Dakota though.
correct me if I'm wrong but does it not say that african american on hispanic crime and white on hispanic crime is the same despite african americans being a fraction of the population? honest question.

first off, I hope you are referring to mexican nationals and not citizens of this country who are of mexican descent, because that is racist. Hispanics are not a race but being of mexican american blood is seen as a race and has been historically, so in that sense there is racism against latinos because they are perceived as such. When President trump called that judge a "mexican" like most americans, especially african americans, he was referring to his race in order to undermine his american status. Most Hispanics are Mexican American, and at this point when an African American calls one a "mexican" he is referring to his indio/mestizo race, not his ethnic/cultural background. For example the person being called that could be el salvadorian or guatemalen, who look the identical or very similar, It would not matter, to an african american, "mexican" would still suffice.

As far as ethnic cleansing, African Americans are known to be violent towards people not of their race in "their" neighborhoods, but for some reason they get the benefit of the doubt from white liberals with regard to racism. As a minority who has lived in bad neighborhoods before around both hispanics and african americans, racism is much more prevalent in the african american community for very simple reasons. One reason is that white people refuse to hold them accountable in mainstream society. Another is that the african american community is soft on racism in their community. In a public forum if an african american says something blatantly racist you will have another african american try to placate them by saying something like " oh comon man, I've met some mexicans who were really cool. they aint all bad." By contrast if a hispanic american says something racist against african americans they will get called a piece of racist shit just as you would in the case of white people. sure there is some racism but unlike african americans, hispanics generally have the concept that they can be racist.

One thing you are missing is that while racism does exist in latin american society, american latinos are americans, they arent a carbon copy of the people from where their ANCESTORS came from decades or in some cases hundreds of years ago. Most have mainstream ideas about racism being wrong. Also I know alot of latin american people and while what you say may have been true a long time ago, thinking has progressed alot and in an attempt to be more like americans racism, especially towards afro descendants is looked down upon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-man-who-was-told-to-go-back-to-your-country/

Sure some racism exists in the hispanic community but to act like it is a one way street the way alot of white black or hispanic liberals do is misleading.

Nice post. Gives a different dynamic to think about.

"Blacks" don't operate under a centralized thought process. Just like with any "group" the ones who are the most extreme are usually the loudest, most overbearing, and most publicized.

correct me if I'm wrong but does it not say that african american on hispanic crime and white on hispanic crime is the same despite african americans being a fraction of the population? honest question.

You have to put stats into perspective. Don't Hispanics largely populate the same major cities, and neighborhoods that blacks do? More interactions, more opportunities?

Is there anyone that african americans don't have a "rift" with? Thats basically what politicians use them for. Outrage, racism and outrage again.

You have to put stats into perspective. Don't Hispanics largely populate the same major cities, and neighborhoods that blacks do? More interactions, more opportunities?
yeah but then look proportionally at the hispanic on black crime.

yeah but then look proportionally at the hispanic on black crime.

I would prefer to look at crime on a case by case basis. Your "race" won't stand trial with you. You pull a trigger, you're the shooter not your "race".

Is there anyone that african americans don't have a "rift" with? Thats basically what politicians use them for. Outrage, racism and outrage again.

People are so simple minded they fall into the agenda.

I would prefer to look at crime on a case by case basis. Your "race" won't stand trial with you. You pull a trigger, you're the shooter not your "race".
yeah when race is part of the reason commits an act of violence, I think its relevant. especially if it is part of a broader trend of that happening. I mean ideally it wouldnt be an issue but imagine what people would say if white people were attacking blacks in an identically disproportionate way as black commit crimes against hispanics. In American culture, it would get made into a race issue. Would that be wrong?

yeah when race is part of the reason commits an act of violence, I think its relevant. especially if it is part of a broader trend of that happening. I mean ideally it wouldnt be an issue but imagine what people would say if white people were attacking blacks in an identically disproportionate way as black commit crimes against hispanics. In American culture, it would get made into a race issue. Would that be wrong?

Yes because everyone deserves due process. Anything else would be a bias. Many times those committing crimes are repeat offenders. Cities usually have zip codes and zones where violence is more prevalent. The entire city, neighborhood, or "race" is not contributing to the problem. I've known "black" people who got caught in RICO for murder in aid of racketeering. I've known "black" people who wouldn't raise their hand to hurt anyone. These people are not the same.

Yes because everyone deserves due process. Anything else would be a bias. Many times those committing crimes are repeat offenders. Cities usually have zip codes and zones where violence is more prevalent. The entire city, neighborhood, or "race" is not contributing to the problem. I've known "black" people who got caught in RICO for murder in aid of racketeering. I've known "black" people who wouldn't raise their hand to hurt anyone. These people are not the same.
well, the thing is white liberals and the african american community, at least from what I can tell tend to place crimes in a broader perspective. such as the trayvon martin case.

Latino and white gentrification are taking over traditionally African American neighborhoods which compounds distrust in marginalized neighborhoods.

Also on the criminal front Guatemalan and Mexican gangs hit the scene much like the Eastern Euro gangs hit the Irish and Italian gangs.

The more politically minded younger generation has done a good job of standing by each other. POC activists realize both Latino and African Americans have been historically marginalized.
Arent those activists usually middle class and college educated? I'm surprised you would call hispanics moving into african americans gentrification, I was under the impression that gentrification referred to middle class people and that most hispanics moving into those neighborhoods were working class. From what I have heard the racial tensions are getting worse not better. at least in california.

Last edited:
well, the thing is white liberals and the african american community, at least from what I can tell tend to place crimes in a broader perspective. such as the trayvon martin case.

The narrative of some get voiced and publicized to the masses. Many times the masses fall for it. They want to rationalize a behavior or categorize everything, when the bottom line is that it's simply not true. Individuals are individuals.

It usually boils down to committing a "hasty generalization fallacy". If "blacks" were by and large these aggressive criminal offenders then you'd need more than roughly what 20,000 cops nationwide to police them. There are roughly 40 million non Hispanic "blacks" in America.

The FBI reports that in 2015: "there were an estimated 1,197,704 violent crimes committed around the nation."
(https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/latest-crime-statistics-released)

If 40 million blacks operated under this same aggressive criminal mentality that the media often portrays, you'd have more than an estimated 1.2 million violent crimes committed for the entire nation.

The narrative of some get voiced and publicized to the masses. Many times the masses fall for it. They want to rationalize a behavior or categorize everything, when the bottom line is that it's simply not true. Individuals are individuals.

It usually boils down to committing a "hasty generalization fallacy". If "blacks" were by and large these aggressive criminal offenders then you'd need more than what 20,000 roughly cops to police them. There are roughly 40 million non Hispanic "blacks" in America.

The FBI reports that in 2015: "there were an estimated 1,197,704 violent crimes committed around the nation."
(https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/latest-crime-statistics-released)

If 40 million blacks operated under this same aggressive criminal mentality that the media often portrays, you'd have more than an estimated 1.2 million violent crimes committed for the entire nation.
ok I hear you. but groups do exist and the larger groups have a greater influence. For example, African Americans are a lot more important to americans than say a racial group like native americans.

ok I hear you. but groups do exist and the larger groups have a greater influence. For example, African Americans are a lot more important to americans than say a racial group like native americans.

I believe cultures exist. I do not believe in the social construct of "race". For example, take a 21 year old "black" male, and a 21 year old "white" male remove them from wherever they are from and put them in the same military unit together for a few years; living together and operating/serving together. I would argue that by the time they return home they will have more in common culturally with each other than with the people they left behind of their same "race".

I think that grouping is more substantial than a default of you having similar physical features to another person, so that in some way means you have a commonality. They elected to be there, and probably have shared ideals. That to me is more substantial than picking a side because society has preconceived notions.

When we let people be people, and look at individuals instead of the "whole" we'll eliminate a lot of silliness in the world, in my estimation.

lol This was my entire cousins middle and high school experience. He went to school in Los Feliz and would tell me about the constant brawls between Mexicans and Armos.

Yeah they been fighting since the 90s I have no clue why they beef but Armos are HOT blooded they have a temper like a Volcano bout to burst, I know the Armenian and Russians are part of a mafia or crime syndicate and they got Mexican Mafia around there.

Check this out from 2018 article in LA Times Armenian Glendale Cop he had ties to both the MM and Armenian Mob
Glendale cop tied to Mexican Mafia and Armenian organized crime, federal officials say
5OMUALOO25AZNPDY5UXVSDO2ME.jpg

In one incident, Balian allegedly offered an informant and a second man $100,000 to "scare" the bodyguard of an Armenian businessman in Commerce, a request that led to a shooting in July 2016.

After the encounter, the second man spoke with the informant.

"I think I hit him," he said, according to the filing. Later, he added, "I think I killed him."

The alleged shooter gave the gun to the informant, who said he gave the gun to Balian, according to the filing. It's unclear whether the bodyguard lived.

In one case, that same informant described a situation in which Balian offered a tip about a gang sweep, allowing a top target — a Frogtown gang member — to flee before agents arrived.

"Tell your boy Bouncer that he's the No. 1 on the list for tomorrow," Balian warned, according to the affidavit. It took agents another month to arrest the target.

The informant also said Balian gave him locations of marijuana grow and drug stash houses — information he was privy to as an officer — and told him to "hit them" before law enforcement could execute their search warrants, according to the court filing.

Balian also allegedly instructed him to "slap around" people to persuade them to pay money. Armenians would not respect or pay him, Balian told the informant, if they didn't fear him, the filing said.

Another informant met with Balian up to 15 times in 2015 and occasionally saw him wearing a badge and a gun. That person admitted to stealing more than a dozen high-value cars for Balian and his associate, the filing said. He said he'd leave the keys inside the car and park it on a designated street, where someone else would pick it up.

During a search of a third informant's home, investigators found handwritten notes in the trash referencing "Saro" and possible cocaine shipments from Mexico. It's unclear whether a transaction occurred and if Balian was involved.

Federal authorities Tuesday afternoon were searching Balian's Seal Beach home, an FBI spokeswoman said. They were looking for evidence of racketeering, interference with commerce by robbery or extortion, and bribery, according to the affidavit.

Investigators first interviewed Balian in April of last year. He told them he was an expert on the Mexican Mafia when he worked for the Montebello Police Department, so he used to "stay on top of all these guys."

Balian was one of five Armenian American officers who sued Glendale in 2010, alleging discrimination, retaliation and harassment. The city eventually agreed to settle the case, paying $7,500 in Balian's attorney's fees, and depositing 250 hours of sick time and 50 hours of vacation time into his leave bank.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-glendale-indictment-20180515-story.html

Breaking news: minorities have conflict with each other just like they do with white ppl

Yeah they been fighting since the 90s I have no clue why they beef but Armos are HOT blooded they have a temper like a Volcano bout to burst, I know the Armenian and Russians are part of a mafia or crime syndicate and they got Mexican Mafia around there.

Check this out from 2018 article in LA Times Armenian Glendale Cop he had ties to both the MM and Armenian Mob
Glendale cop tied to Mexican Mafia and Armenian organized crime, federal officials say
5OMUALOO25AZNPDY5UXVSDO2ME.jpg

In one incident, Balian allegedly offered an informant and a second man $100,000 to "scare" the bodyguard of an Armenian businessman in Commerce, a request that led to a shooting in July 2016.

After the encounter, the second man spoke with the informant.

"I think I hit him," he said, according to the filing. Later, he added, "I think I killed him."

The alleged shooter gave the gun to the informant, who said he gave the gun to Balian, according to the filing. It's unclear whether the bodyguard lived.

In one case, that same informant described a situation in which Balian offered a tip about a gang sweep, allowing a top target — a Frogtown gang member — to flee before agents arrived.

"Tell your boy Bouncer that he's the No. 1 on the list for tomorrow," Balian warned, according to the affidavit. It took agents another month to arrest the target.

The informant also said Balian gave him locations of marijuana grow and drug stash houses — information he was privy to as an officer — and told him to "hit them" before law enforcement could execute their search warrants, according to the court filing.

Balian also allegedly instructed him to "slap around" people to persuade them to pay money. Armenians would not respect or pay him, Balian told the informant, if they didn't fear him, the filing said.

Another informant met with Balian up to 15 times in 2015 and occasionally saw him wearing a badge and a gun. That person admitted to stealing more than a dozen high-value cars for Balian and his associate, the filing said. He said he'd leave the keys inside the car and park it on a designated street, where someone else would pick it up.

During a search of a third informant's home, investigators found handwritten notes in the trash referencing "Saro" and possible cocaine shipments from Mexico. It's unclear whether a transaction occurred and if Balian was involved.

Federal authorities Tuesday afternoon were searching Balian's Seal Beach home, an FBI spokeswoman said. They were looking for evidence of racketeering, interference with commerce by robbery or extortion, and bribery, according to the affidavit.

Investigators first interviewed Balian in April of last year. He told them he was an expert on the Mexican Mafia when he worked for the Montebello Police Department, so he used to "stay on top of all these guys."

Balian was one of five Armenian American officers who sued Glendale in 2010, alleging discrimination, retaliation and harassment. The city eventually agreed to settle the case, paying $7,500 in Balian's attorney's fees, and depositing 250 hours of sick time and 50 hours of vacation time into his leave bank.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-glendale-indictment-20180515-story.html
They need to send all these animals back to Armenia.

first off, I hope you are referring to mexican nationals and not citizens of this country who are of mexican descent, because that is racist. Hispanics are not a race but being of mexican american blood is seen as a race and has been historically, so in that sense there is racism against latinos because they are perceived as such. When President trump called that judge a "mexican" like most americans, especially african americans, he was referring to his race in order to undermine his american status. Most Hispanics are Mexican American, and at this point when an African American calls one a "mexican" he is referring to his indio/mestizo race, not his ethnic/cultural background. For example the person being called that could be el salvadorian or guatemalen, who look identical or very similar, It would not matter, to an african american, "mexican" would still suffice.

As far as ethnic cleansing, African Americans are known to be violent towards people not of their race in "their" neighborhoods, but for some reason they get the benefit of the doubt from white liberals with regard to racism. As a minority who has lived in bad neighborhoods before around hispanics, and around african americans, racism is much more prevalent in the african american community for very simple reasons. One reason is that white people refuse to hold them accountable in mainstream society. Another is that the african american community is soft on racism in their community. In a public forum if an african american says something blatantly racist , at best you will have another african american try to placate them by saying something like " oh comon man, I've met some mexicans who were really cool. they aint all bad." By contrast if a hispanic american says something racist against african americans they will get called a piece of racist shit just as you would in the case of white people. sure there is some racism but unlike african americans, hispanics generally have the concept or awknowledge that they can be racist, and more importantly are willing to hold members of their own group accountable. Many African Americans either don't understand that or refuse to acknowledge that there is racism in their community because in their mind they can only see themselves as victims. Hispanics arent like that.

One thing you are missing is that while racism does exist in latin american society, american latinos are americans, they arent a carbon copy of the people from countries where their ANCESTORS came from decades or in some cases hundreds of years ago. Most have mainstream ideas about racism being wrong. Also I know alot of latin american people and while what you say may have been true a long time ago, thinking has progressed alot and in an attempt to be more like americans, racism, especially towards afro descendants, is looked down upon. especially once they arrive here they care alot more about people speaking spanish than the persons race.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-man-who-was-told-to-go-back-to-your-country/

Sure some racism exists in the hispanic community but to act like it is a one way street the way alot of white black or hispanic liberals do is misleading. The reality is that alot of the time the reason there are latinos who are racist towards african americans is because stories and experiences like what happened in that article, but never made the news for decades. Which is funny because I hear african americans make the same excuse when questioned about why they are racist towards asians, indians, etc. " they were racist towards us first."
No I was referring to La Eme and the various street gangs aligned to them or working with them at times. When I said Mexican gangs I meant Mexican American gangs. Since the post was obviously referring to the well known ethnic cleansing of Blacks in some LA neighborhoods, it obviously was taking place in the US. In this context it is understood that Mexican gangs just means gangs in America that are founded by and or composed of predominantly of Mexican Americans and or Mexican citizens living in the US.

Mexicans can refer to race, but it should always come with the caveat that most Mexicans are mixed race, so calling them a race has its problems. In America, Hispanics used to be classified as White, until the Hispanic identity was created during the Nixon administration

They need to send all these animals back to Armenia.

Armenians are cool but some of them have hot tempers and they fight among each other too.

Here are some Armenians fighting each other on the beach over disrespect

No I was referring to La Eme and the various street gangs aligned to them or working with them at times. When I said Mexican gangs I meant Mexican American gangs. Since the post was obviously referring to the well known ethnic cleansing of Blacks in some LA neighborhoods, it obviously was taking place in the US. In this context it is understood that Mexican gangs just means gangs in America that are founded by and or composed of predominantly of Mexican Americans and or Mexican citizens living in the US.

Mexicans can refer to race, but it should always come with the caveat that most Mexicans are mixed race, so calling them a race has its problems. In America, Hispanics used to be classified as White, until the Hispanic identity was created during the Nixon administration

Partially, I mentioned "mexican" being used as a racial term because people often say hispanic isnt a race to imply that mexican americans or hispanics have no race. By that same token African Americans are mixed race aswell. Regardless, it is obviously possible to be racist towards both groups because of race,appearance, or blood. Mexican Americans and Mexican citizens in the united stastes are two distinct groups.

Back