African American vs Hispanic American rift?

Fighting for resources? You mean control of the criminal black markets and drug and gang turf. Simple as that. Both speakers were respectful and reasonable(at least what I watched of it) but they still made excuses for the violence. “Oh, it’s not their fault-it’s because they are oppressed and on the bottom of the socio economic strata.

Yet, we don’t really see this level of violence in the very poorest part of the country-in Appalachia. Poorest people in the country with the fewest opportunities and resources(Walmart May be an hour away or more) and there is not daily shootings. Must not be simply being on the bottom of the socioeconomic strata.

Did anybody see the video? Basically the Black/Brown guy agreed and had no beef, no matter how the Russian Today Troll wanted them to fight lol.

Now i dont live in the USA but i found this video from RT pretty interesting. I knew the gangs in LA were competitors and fought gangs wars but never really thought it would be a problem outside of that world. However, is this just something RT blew out of proportion or is it a real thing?

Old news in California.
It's been going around since the 90's. It's one of those things that the mainstream media ignores.

Yup, these two posts about answer the "issue" to the best possible ability in my opinion.

I don't think there is noticeable or unusual hostility between black Americans and Latino Americans on the basis of some sociological friction. However, there is definitely anti-black prejudice for recently-arrived Mexican persons. I think @Rod1 has commented on the considerable racism in Mexico, compared to the United States.

Racism is mainly against indio looking people.

It also tends to follow the patterns of victimization, if you get burglared by cholos, you tend to develop a really bad outlook on cholo looking people, i would assume that if you get robbed by black youth, you will probably develop a really bad outlook on black people.

That being said, the black cubans who i know have never experienced racism in Sonora, quite likely because since there arent black people here except from educated immigrants, we dont associate them with negative behaviour.

Last edited:
In Glendale they have a feud between Armenians and Mexicans its been going on since the mid 90s I believe
they had a couple news stories recently of Armenians and Mexicans fighting in school.

lol This was my entire cousins middle and high school experience. He went to school in Los Feliz and would tell me about the constant brawls between Mexicans and Armos.

1. Overall, Hispanics and AAs tend to get along great in the Northeast, are indifferent to each other in the Southwest and tense/hostile in California.

2. It all boils down to demographic shifts and socio-economic competition. The relationship btwn the two groups in Cali is further compounded by hostility brought about from the deep roots of gang culture in that region of the country.

3. At the end of the day though, this isn't anything to fuss over, there isn't a monolithic sentiment shared by either Hispanics or AAs about the other. There isn't even a negative outlook expressed by a significant portion of either group about the other. To believe so means you've fallen victim to RT's mission objective (as great as a news source they may be).

I might be wrong but it might be because a lot of the hispanics in the northeast are partially or fully black. Puerto Ricans, Domincans, etc. The hispanics here in SoCal are mainly mestizo (White/Indigenous mixed), fully or mostly white, or full Indigenous (guatemalans, south Mexicans, etc.) Also in non caribbean Latin American countries, blacks are treated worse than dirt, bottom of the barrel. It's gotten better in recent years, but for the longest many latin American countries denied (and some even took pride) the existence of blacks in their countries.

Fighting for resources? You mean control of the criminal black markets and drug and gang turf. Simple as that. Both speakers were respectful and reasonable(at least what I watched of it) but they still made excuses for the violence. “Oh, it’s not their fault-it’s because they are oppressed and on the bottom of the socio economic strata.

Yet, we don’t really see this level of violence in the very poorest part of the country-in Appalachia. Poorest people in the country with the fewest opportunities and resources(Walmart May be an hour away or more) and there is not daily shootings. Must not be simply being on the bottom of the socioeconomic strata.

You need urban density too.

There is hardly any violence in the afro communities in the coast of Guerrero, simply because there is absolutely nothing worth fighting for, just rural poverty.

It's kind of objectively batshit insane, yet the mere thought and paranoia around it has been wielding a substantial impact on the current sociopolitical climate and is played up heavily by right wing ID politics. When "majority-minority" status comes circa 2045, Euros will still be twice as large as any other single macro 'ethnic group'. Most of the population growth and immigration going forward will be Asian as well, not Hispanic.

I think one just needs to look at Latin American countries to see that being a minority hasn't stopped whites from being at the top either.

Be it some obscure racial trait, an Eurocentric world order, a better work ethic, remnants of colonialism or "whitening" of succesful POC.

The fact remains that its going to be centuries before white people get removed from the top of the food chain.

I think one just needs to look at Latin American countries to see that being a minority hasn't stopped whites from being at the top either.

Be it some obscure racial trait, an Eurocentric world order, a better work ethic, remnants of colonialism or "whitening" of succesful POC.

The fact remains that its going to be centuries before white people get removed from the top of the food chain.

I spent some time in Central America and this is true. Anyone who cries about the conditions here should check it out (I was in Honduras, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua). It's glaringly obvious. That said I had the most fun in Nicaragua and that was probably the most Indio heavy country of all of them.

I might be wrong but it might be because a lot of the hispanics in the northeast are partially or fully black. Puerto Ricans, Domincans, etc. The hispanics here in SoCal are mainly mestizo (White/Indigenous mixed), fully or mostly white, or full Indigenous (guatemalans, south Mexicans, etc.) Also in non caribbean Latin American countries, blacks are treated worse than dirt, bottom of the barrel. It's gotten better in recent years, but for the longest many latin American countries denied (and some even took pride) the existence of blacks in their countries.

I'd venture to say you're right tbh. Northeast (Tri-State Area specifically) is primarily Caribbean Hispanic who tend to be of African origin, at least partially, themselves.

But I think the racial hostility in the urban sprawl of SoCal is largely due to significant demographic displacement in certain areas, and further compounded by gang rivalries, exacerbating tensions along ethnic/racial lines. It certainly doesn't help that California gangs are inherently racialized anyway.

The core of this social issue is centered on California and not the greater US for a reason. Its a localized problem with several key factors at play unique to that area.

But w/ that said, these negative interactions/sentiments still do not represent a significant portion of either group, even in California. Most Hispanics and AAs get along fine.

RT is also purposely pushing these narratives highlighting stuff like this to conflate these ideas and push them into the mainstream.

Latinos and African Americans are banding together in ways never seen before, including the unionization of California farms that took advantage of poor latinos and blacks. RT isn't explicitly bad, but they're clearly pushing certain topics to cause division and paint a false narrative, as well as turning real issues into talking points easily exploited by both sides.

I got to tell you, I'm not the biggest pro America cat, in fact most of the failures happening these days I feel like is rather deserved, but you dudes keep pretending that state run propaganda aimed at the populace of their economic enemy isn't essentially psy ops crack me the fuck up.
You should be more pro America because if this country fails you'll wish you were more pro american

Yeah there are shitheads that don't like people with different color skin including some people in this thread, but 99% of Americans wake up every morning and interact with their fellow man in positive and contructive ways.

I think one just needs to look at Latin American countries to see that being a minority hasn't stopped whites from being at the top either. Be it some obscure racial trait, a Eurocentric world order, a better work ethic, remnants of colonialism or "whitening" of successful POC. The fact remains that it's going to be centuries before white people get removed from the top of the food chain.

:oops:

I... I don't know what to say. :confused:

This is pure art and poetry.

And if there's crack in a basement
Crack heads stand adjacent
Anger displacement, food stamp arrangements
You were a still born baby
Mother didn't want you, but you were still born
Boy meets world, of course his pops is gone
What you figure...
That chalky outline on the ground is a father figure?

wow.png

The 90s called. They said rap music is now used as comedy.

Minorities dont have nearly the stigma that white people have when being racist. People just kinda shrug like "meh"

Mexican gangs have been known to ethnically cleanse Blacks from some LA neighborhoods.

There is racism within Hispanics also. Hispanic is not a race, just a linguistic and cultural grouping. There is a caste system within Hispanics and latinos, with the indigenous Americans and Blacks at the bottom, the mixed people somewhere in-between and the Whites on top. Their culture is much more racist towards Blacks than we are, even though they don't subscribe to the 1 drop rule.

Russia thought would love focusing on this, as they are engaged in doing their best to get all groups in America to hate each other. But I am not saying they shouldn't be reporting on it, far from it, all media should report on all important aspects of society.
first off, I hope you are referring to mexican nationals and not citizens of this country who are of mexican descent, because that is racist. Hispanics are not a race but being of mexican american blood is seen as a race and has been historically, so in that sense there is racism against latinos because they are perceived as such. When President trump called that judge a "mexican" like most americans, especially african americans, he was referring to his race in order to undermine his american status. Most Hispanics are Mexican American, and at this point when an African American calls one a "mexican" he is referring to his indio/mestizo race, not his ethnic/cultural background. For example the person being called that could be el salvadorian or guatemalen, who look identical or very similar, It would not matter, to an african american, "mexican" would still suffice.

As far as ethnic cleansing, African Americans are known to be violent towards people not of their race in "their" neighborhoods, but for some reason they get the benefit of the doubt from white liberals with regard to racism. As a minority who has lived in bad neighborhoods before around hispanics, and around african americans, racism is much more prevalent in the african american community for very simple reasons. One reason is that white people refuse to hold them accountable in mainstream society. Another is that the african american community is soft on racism in their community. In a public forum if an african american says something blatantly racist , at best you will have another african american try to placate them by saying something like " oh comon man, I've met some mexicans who were really cool. they aint all bad." By contrast if a hispanic american says something racist against african americans they will get called a piece of racist shit just as you would in the case of white people. sure there is some racism but unlike african americans, hispanics generally have the concept or awknowledge that they can be racist, and more importantly are willing to hold members of their own group accountable. Many African Americans either don't understand that or refuse to acknowledge that there is racism in their community because in their mind they can only see themselves as victims. Hispanics arent like that.

One thing you are missing is that while racism does exist in latin american society, american latinos are americans, they arent a carbon copy of the people from countries where their ANCESTORS came from decades or in some cases hundreds of years ago. Most have mainstream ideas about racism being wrong. Also I know alot of latin american people and while what you say may have been true a long time ago, thinking has progressed alot and in an attempt to be more like americans, racism, especially towards afro descendants, is looked down upon. especially once they arrive here they care alot more about people speaking spanish than the persons race.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-man-who-was-told-to-go-back-to-your-country/

Sure some racism exists in the hispanic community but to act like it is a one way street the way alot of white black or hispanic liberals do is misleading. The reality is that alot of the time the reason there are latinos who are racist towards african americans is because stories and experiences like what happened in that article, but never made the news for decades. Which is funny because I hear african americans make the same excuse when questioned about why they are racist towards asians, indians, etc. " they were racist towards us first."

Last edited:
Well said, diversity truly is a strength and we're all part of the same race, the human race.

I was going to a rough school in the San Bernardino area and the blacks and Mexicans were going to riot/fight after school. One of the more influential Hispanic dudes asks me, who's side I'm going to be on(I saw the teacher look up out of the corner of his eye, noticeably nervous I would say the wrong thing). I was like, "I'm not Mexican but I'm not black either.. so I got to fight everybody!!" Everybody laughed and that was that. Everybody was cool with me and left me alone.

It's funny that you said "one of the more influential Hispanic dudes asks me". That goes to my point I was trying to make. It is usually an outlier controlling the bell curve. If you have a squabble be a man stand on your own two and handle it. The problem is most people just go with the bandwagon and then we have these unnecessary escalations.

Where I'm from your name carries more weight than your skin color. Everybody knows everybody for the most part. If you carry yourself appropriately we can't deny you on shallow grounds like what culture you were born into; content of your character logic.

Asians still have it the worst . I live in Orange County and pretty much nobody is friends with them besides their own kind.

More Russian propaganda.

Back