African American vs Hispanic American rift?

indo80

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Now i dont live in the USA but i found this video from RT pretty interesting. I knew the gangs in LA were competitors and fought gangs wars but never really thought it would be a problem outside of that world. However, is this just something RT blew out of proportion or is it a real thing?

More Russian propaganda. No thanks.

We have enough to work on without dealing with that crap too.

I wouldn't doubt it. Leftists tribal down to pronouns of a language they despise. No detail is too small to divide over.

Interesting. It's strange to me that people might assume various racial groups would be naturally aligned as a consequence of not being of European ancestry in the United States.

No more than the usual

Gangs are about turf where they can peddle their wares. Be it guns, drugs, prostitution, etc. It doesn't matter the skin color, just the color of the money.

Now i dont live in the USA but i found this video from RT pretty interesting. I knew the gangs in LA were competitors and fought gangs wars but never really thought it would be a problem outside of that world. However, is this just something RT blew out of proportion or is it a real thing?

Mexican gangs have been known to ethnically cleanse Blacks from some LA neighborhoods.

There is racism within Hispanics also. Hispanic is not a race, just a linguistic and cultural grouping. There is a caste system within Hispanics and latinos, with the indigenous Americans and Blacks at the bottom, the mixed people somewhere in-between and the Whites on top. Their culture is much more racist towards Blacks than we are, even though they don't subscribe to the 1 drop rule.

Russia thought would love focusing on this, as they are engaged in doing their best to get all groups in America to hate each other. But I am not saying they shouldn't be reporting on it, far from it, all media should report on all important aspects of society.

Interesting. It's strange to me that people might assume various racial groups would be naturally aligned as a consequence of not being of European ancestry in the United States.

Latino and white gentrification are taking over traditionally African American neighborhoods which compounds distrust in marginalized neighborhoods.

Also on the criminal front Guatemalan and Mexican gangs hit the scene much like the Eastern Euro gangs hit the Irish and Italian gangs.

The more politically minded younger generation has done a good job of standing by each other. POC activists realize both Latino and African Americans have been historically marginalized.

Current South Phx resident checking in.

Black and Hispanic people in the United States have never had a harmonious co-existence, there has always been tension and conflict. I remember every other week in high school, it was blacks n hispanics standing off and ready to throw down at lunch time. Sometimes they did.

The more serious violent crime incidents usually are indeed gang or drug trade related. As far as your 'casual' racist outlooks, sentiments and verbal conflicts? See it all the fucking time, from grocery and convenience stores to Chinese take out joints (they're racist as fuck and hyper-suspicious btw, mostly towards black people). It doesn't go without any community notice or action though; there's a solidarity mural just a couple blocks from my house.

LA has a lot of issues between the Hispanics and African Americans because many traditionally African American communities are shifting towards becoming Hispanic.

Moreover the Koreans are still a little miffed about the whole LA riots so if you go up to K Town all the shopkeepers are ready for war.

There used to be in NYC metro HS's during the 90s and prior. Then the gentrification happened and all those kids who would turn out like that had to move out with their parents and go to places like Rochester, Buffalo, Albany, Trenton, Hartford, Orlando, etc, etc.

Ahh, the black and latino gang culture. So enriching to our youths. Frankly, we need more of it. We need to offset the rampant Nazism of the evil whites.

I find this experience so fascinating. I grew up in a small northern town in Canada with very mixed demographics (large Sikh population, First Nations/mixed race population, and European ancestry population). Almost all conflict was the result of interpersonal conflict, rather than race, and people usually ended up becoming friends afterwards. It's just so strange to read about the United States and the way in which various races apparently despise each other. Sad.

More Russian propaganda. No thanks.

We have enough to work on without dealing with that crap too.

One of the obvious problems with the cataclysmic demographic shift theory at the most extreme end of the spectrum is that it assumes blacks, latinos/hispanics and asians (and how many subgroups there are within those alone) will suddenly coalesce and organize into a "homogeneous" POC superteam in ways they otherwise don't and never have - certainly not to any more tangible extent than they individually do with euro-americans - into some kind collective mindset with the firm end goal of oppressing and subjugating white people.

It's kind of objectively batshit insane, yet the mere thought and paranoia around it has been wielding a substantial impact on the current sociopolitical climate and is played up heavily by right wing ID politics. When "majority-minority" status comes circa 2045, Euros will still be twice as large as any other single macro 'ethnic group'. Most of the population growth and immigration going forward will be Asian as well, not Hispanic.

I find this experience so fascinating. I grew up in a small northern town in Canada with very mixed demographics (large Sikh population, First Nations/mixed race population, and European ancestry population). Almost all conflict was the result of interpersonal conflict, rather than race, and people usually ended up becoming friends afterwards. It's just so strange to read about the United States and the way in which various races apparently despise each other. Sad.

Most of the violent crime in the US is actually intraracial.

Crime.png

The homicide rate has also been halved since the 1990s.

Murder.png

I'm an extreme minority where I currently live, not for lack of funds because I could get away from all the people of color if I really wanted to but mostly because it's silly conveniently located to both my university and work place. Have a lot of problems? Hell nah, I'm like pink dick exotic down here - they rather fuck me than fight me.
s0208.gif
It's definitely a different universe from North Dakota though.

It kind of depends on the area and what type of Hispanics. In California, it's more racialized with blacks, whites and Latinos forming pretty distinct racial groups, and Latinos have taken over traditionally black areas and there's been ethnic cleansing of blacks from certain neighborhoods. In Florida, there's more of an overlap with both black and white Hispanics. White Hispanics tend to blend into the white population more while black Hispanics do the same in the black population. They're not as distinct racially as they are in other areas. In the Northeast, blacks and Hispanics generally get along well and share a lot of neighborhoods. I've also heard that Mexicans in Texas get along better with blacks than Mexicans in California. Hispanic populations have varying degrees of black ancestry and familiarity/affinity with blacks.

The problem is that you think your small world is the same reality everywhere else.
When did I state that I assume the world is reflective of my own experiences. If anything my post describes the opposite.

Back