African American vs Hispanic American rift?

Whats crazy about California is its the most Liberal state yet the most racial divided

It's also the most diverse. Unfortunately, it came in dead last place out of 50 states on the 2018 US News quality of life index based on natural and social environment factors. FWIW, North Dakota was #1. Cali is the most liberal, yet it's NoDak with the state owned bank and growing multi-billion sovereign wealth fund.

@Son of Jamin I'm sure you're skeptical about that last comment but the media in US couldn't actually give a fuck less about the issues or any of the bit players involved: whether that's white privilege, immigrant family separation at the border, black men getting shot dead by police or male trannies in women's restrooms. Please.

Do most media corps and outlets 'lean left'? Sure, but it's secondary to the tacit promotion of neoliberalism (actual) and that was pretty telling during the 2016 Dem primary when the dyed in the wool, full blown corporatist got full backing over an actual leftist candidate. Who can forget the laughable post-debate coverage of Hilldog and Bernie on the major networks, how they framed them and how dishonest it was.

@Son of Jamin I'm sure you're skeptical about that last comment but the media in US couldn't actually give a fuck less about the issues or any of the bit players involved: whether that's white privilege, immigrant family separation at the border, black men getting shot dead by police or male trannies in women's restrooms. Please.

Do most media corps and outlets 'lean left'? Sure, but it's secondary to the tacit promotion of neoliberalism (actual) and that was pretty telling during the 2016 Dem primary when the dyed in the wool, full blown corporatist got full backing over an actual leftist candidate. Who can forget the laughable post-debate coverage of Hilldog and Bernie on the major networks, how they framed them and how dishonest it was.
Valid point! It's the same modus operandi when it comes to major corporations painting a picture of caring about e.g. bathroom bills, while at the same time exploiting workers in Bangladesh. It doesn't come from the "goodness" of their heart...

Valid point! It's the same modus operandi when it comes to major corporations painting a picture of caring about e.g. bathroom bills, while at the same time exploiting workers in Bangladesh. It doesn't come from the "goodness" of their heart...

sparks-flying-as-hammer-hits-nail-on-the-head-picture-id128431568

When did I state that I assume the world is reflective of my own experiences. If anything my post describes the opposite.
Gangs are about turf where they can peddle their wares. Be it guns, drugs, prostitution, etc. It doesn't matter the skin color, just the color of the money.

That is exactly what this violence is about. These gang bangers are offing each other over turf. The murders and shootings cause the area with cops, which they view as oppression and claim the cops are fucking with them because of race, but the real cause is the police are responding to the violence and trying to stop it. This is why so many cops are in these areas breaking fools down and making arrests, and they bitch about “there aren’t that many cops in the white neighborhoods!!!!” But there is no violence in the white neighborhoods like in the minority neighborhoods

This thread made be reflect on an article on a grieving black father, whose son was murdered by an illegal immigrant of Hispanic background. He said something to the effect of, media only cares if a white person kills a black person.
well he's wrong. look at the zimmerman case. African Americans actually have significant racial privilege over hispanics in media coverage.

Last edited:
Are you on #TeamHispanic?
nah. i should not of just said hispanics, but all non african american minorities. especially native peoples, who have it worst of all.

Last edited:
nah. i should not of just said hispanics, but all non african american minorities. especially native peoples, who have it worst of all.

They got it pretty fucking rough, hardly ever see any around. My eldest uncle actually intermarried with a Sioux native so I have three cousins that are half but they're kind of estranged. That's more down to him being a really distant and anti-social dude though, would always be invited to fam gatherings but they never show up to them. :-/

They got it pretty fucking rough, hardly ever see any around. My eldest uncle actually intermarried with a Sioux native so I have three cousins that are half but they're kind of estranged. That's more down to him being a really distant and anti-social dude though, would always be invited to fam gatherings but they never show up to them. :-/
sorry to hear that, man. I know it hurts to not have a relationship with family, especially when reaching out like that. Its possible he just has his own issues that makes him feel closed off from you all. Maybe see if you can find your cousins on facebook and get to know them that way.

sorry to hear that, man. I know it hurts to not have a relationship with family, especially when reaching out like that. Its possible he just has his own issues that makes him feel closed off from you all. Maybe see if you can find your cousins on facebook and get to know them that way.

Yea, it sucks. There's old pictures of them as young kids holding me when I was an infant. I haven't maintained any major social media accounts for a few years now but I've thought about using it again for a sole purpose like that. Without spilling my guts ITT, I've had a couple wake up calls in the last few years that have made me come to value and desire more closeness and stronger relationships with fam members.

correct me if I'm wrong but does it not say that african american on hispanic crime and white on hispanic crime is the same despite african americans being a fraction of the population? honest question.

It was more to do with the percentage of interracial and intraracial violent crime carried out by victim and offender. It's better illustrated here in terms of violent crimes per 1,000 persons.

Crime.png

It was more to do with the percentage of interracial and intraracial violent crime carried out by victim and offender. It's better illustrated here in terms of violent crimes per 1,000 persons.

Crime.png
In this chart it looks like African Americans commit serious violent crimes against hispanics at a higher percentage than whites , and proportionally more than hispanics commit against African Americans. yeah that first part I dont understand though. African Americans and Whites in the first chart attack hispanics at almost the same percentage, but we all know african americans are a fraction of the white population.

Last edited:
It's not as serious as white people would like to think. Like you're not gonna get us darkies to kill each other off or something if thats your fantasy here on Sherfront.

Poor/desperate people fight - big surprise there. Go to a trailer park and see same. We need to insure people are not poor and desperate of all race.

Current South Phx resident checking in.

Black and Hispanic people in the United States have never had a harmonious co-existence, there has always been tension and conflict. I remember every other week in high school, it was blacks n hispanics standing off and ready to throw down at lunch time. Sometimes they did .

Just like in the big house.

I believe cultures exist. I do not believe in the social construct of "race". For example, take a 21 year old "black" male, and a 21 year old "white" male remove them from wherever they are from and put them in the same military unit together for a few years; living together and operating/serving together. I would argue that by the time they return home they will have more in common culturally with each other than with the people they left behind of their same "race".
what do you base this on?

Last edited:
Latino and white gentrification are taking over traditionally African American neighborhoods which compounds distrust in marginalized neighborhoods.
are you suggesting mexicans,etc are increasing the property value in these black neighborhoods

Back