Adesanya” yairs elbow was not luck”

The strike itself is not lucky, he had been trying to land it earlier although unsuccessful. The lucky part is, he landed it with 1 sec left, that is amazingly lucky. All KZ had to do was not march forward the last 10 seconds, but then, he wouldn't be KZ if he played it safe. Most fighters would've ran out the last 10 seconds or even the whole last rd, but that's not KZ's style. The official scorecards were shown on MMAWeekly, KZ would've won the decision if he played it safe the last 10 seconds, but again, its not the type of fighter he is. Props to Yair, hard won fight. No fluke

The odds of a window of opportunity opening in the final seconds of the fifth round like that are very unusual making it a very lucky, though not random, strike.

KZ threw that same combo over and over that entire fight. It shouldn't be surprising that a running 1, 2 could be countered by a skilled striker like Yair.

The odds of a window of opportunity opening in the final seconds of the fifth round like that are very unusual making it a very lucky, though not random, strike.
I just don't buy that since Yair had landed some spinning elbows before and he also had tried some of that unorthodox stuff as well.
Forget about odds and "final seconds of the fifth round"... KZ hesitated at those last seconds with some final reckless attack and Yair just tried to avoid that exchage in the same way that he is used to doing it, by using head movement while at the same time he intentionally position himself in the way he did and throw that blow.

Luck and low percentage are different but can be easily confused.

Yair throwing and landing is not luck, just the time it landed. I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

I doubt Yair thought that it would knock KZ out cold. He threw it and intended it to hit, but I doubt he himself thought that it was a KO blow.

I'd say bad luck for KZ more than good luck for Yair.

The last 10 seconds of the fight is where just about everyone goes for broke...aka going for that last KO. It's not like he was going to win that fight if he landed the elbow without a KO

It was luck , not changing my mind

No, when a girl trips on a banana peel and lands on my dick, that's luck. These guys train to throw strikes and train to take them. You're confusing lucky with wild and risky

I just pictured Israel saying he taught Yair how to do that technique ala Steven Seagal.

No, when a girl trips on a banana peel and lands on my dick, that's luck. These guys train to throw strikes and train to take them. You're confusing lucky with wild and risky
nah it was luck, threw a desperate strike praying itll land. You mean to tell me he planned on knocking kz out with 1 second left on last round he was losing ?

I doubt Yair thought that it would knock KZ out cold. He threw it and intended it to hit, but I doubt he himself thought that it was a KO blow.

I'd say bad luck for KZ more than good luck for Yair.
Tbf you can say that about a lot of punches eg Branch vs Santos.

nah it was luck, threw a desperate strike praying itll land. You mean to tell me he planned on knocking kz out with 1 second left on last round he was losing ?

Do you mean to tell me that everything that isn't planned is luck? Come back when you have reviewed the definition of luck. You're basically saying Yair was trying to miss and hit him (that would be textbook definition of luck) or that he wasn't trying to hit him hard enough to KO him ( I think we both know neither of these to be true)

When you try to do something and you do it, it stops being luck and becomes skill...chew on that

Yair threw crazy elbows like that atleast 3 different times in that fight and landed 2 of them. The last one just landed on the money. 1 ina million shot but totally on purpose.

Do you mean to tell me that everything that isn't planned is luck? Come back when you have reviewed the definition of luck. You're basically saying Yair was trying to miss and hit him (that would be textbook definition of luck) or that he wasn't trying to hit him hard enough to KO him ( I think we both know neither of these to be true)

When you try to do something and you do it, it stops being luck and becomes skill...chew on that
he threw a desperate strike and luckly caught him . Not going to change my mind. It's not really skill, just a desperate move like spinning back fist

Back