Adesanya” yairs elbow was not luck”

He threw it 2 times before with no success.
1 second away from a victory and it not only lands but knocks him out cold.
Bad luck.

Lol so because he didn't KO him when he threw that strike before, that means its luck when he does?

What about if it was just a right cross?

What if he threw the right cross 60 times but didn't knock him out, but the 61th time he does, now that makes it luck?

That is irrelevant.

Literally nothing happens again, only once, that's how the universe works. A moment comes and then it passes, and nothing ever remains the same.

If they were fighting in the mountains somewhere over the last scrap of food for their families, KZ would be dead and Yair would eat that night.

Maybe on a different day, under a set of different circumstances it would have ended differently. But at that exact moment, Yair was able to capitalize while KZ wasn't. Nature rewards those who are able to capitalize on the set of circumstances of the current moment, no one else.

You're making a little too much sense on Sherdog here bud, you might as well take that sound argument, as well as your logic and reasoning, and get the fuck out.

I mean the situation was certainly lucky but the technique behind the strike DEFINTLEY wasn’t lucky. That’s skill!! Dude was dipping a lot of shots but because he keeps his hands low and Zombie throws heat for 25 minutes he was connecting all fight. Zombie just got sloppy in that last 10 seconds and came in to far. Great fight tho!

This applies to pretty much any strike then.

Yeah. If you have to nit pick i guess so..

But there is scales / levels up to it.

A solid jab compared to a spinning hook kick, compared to a showtime kick, compared to a yair elbow...

I doubt Yair thought that it would knock KZ out cold. He threw it and intended it to hit, but I doubt he himself thought that it was a KO blow.

I'd say bad luck for KZ more than good luck for Yair.
Well you can say that for any strike that is thrown lol

I doubt Conor thought he would ko Aldo with that left or Anderson probably didn’t know he’ll ko vitor with the front kick.

None of that means anything.

It was obviously intentional but it was unlikely. Both in it actually happening and Zombie giving him the opportunity to do so with 2 seconds left in the fight.

Yeah. If you have to nit pick i guess so..

But there is scales / levels up to it.

A solid jab compared to a spinning hook kick, compared to a showtime kick, compared to a yair elbow...
That makes it even more impressive to me. You can land a jab from most any standing position, but that elbow requires you to identify and take advantage of a very small window of opportunity to land it.

It wasn't just a lucky strike imo. To me it looks like Yair had the intention of throwing the strike and had a reasonable idea of where KZ was moving towards. No one knows whether a strike will land perfectly and the margin of error on a strike like that is bigger but it ended up being perfect.

I'll take Adesanya's words over yours this time. Thanks for playing.
The odds of a window of opportunity opening in the final seconds of the fifth round like that are very unusual making it a very lucky, though not random, strike.

Theres no doubt in my mind that he has played with that technique in the practice room, perhaps even finding its timing in sparring sessions throwing that, and all the other creative strikes he throws.

That makes it even more impressive to me. You can land a jab from most any standing position, but that elbow requires you to identify and take advantage of a very small window of opportunity to land it.

Yes. It was very impressive. And show yair's creativity and ability to go with any situation.

I really like strikers like that.

I doubt Yair thought that it would knock KZ out cold. He threw it and intended it to hit, but I doubt he himself thought that it was a KO blow.

I'd say bad luck for KZ more than good luck for Yair.

the same can be said for like 99% of strikes.

Yair said he saw Cowboy practicing the strike at the gym so he started doing it to.
It's probably shadowboxing and goofing around. It really is a hard strike to practice on a surface. It is a no look strike for most folks

I don't think most people are trying to discredit the elbow, its just he will never land that again. Yes he meant to throw it, no he will not be able to replicate that.

Back