Adesanya” yairs elbow was not luck”

Is it safe to say Mitt Romney got literally no votes in Philadelphia legit in 2012?

No. My first instinct was to call it a fluke, but I've since changed my mind. Part of what makes Yair good is that he's so unpredictable. He's arguably the most creative striker in the UFC, and he throws strikes from positions and angles that no other fighter throws.

This wasn't a case of a brawler winging a wild punch and hoping it lands. He saw KZ rushing in, dipped his head to the left, and threw a right elbow where he knew KZ's head would be. The strike took timing, precision, and creativity. He set KZ up for the kill shot, and he landed it. Just because we've never seen a technique before doesn't make it a fluke. Was there a bit of luck involved? Sure. But there's luck involved in almost every KO. And this was certainly more skill than luck.

I hope we get to see this rematch at some point.

no such thing as luck in fighting. if you can throw an upwards elbow hard enough to ko someone, there is a lot more than luck involved.

Considering it was in the final second of the fight and it was a fight that Yair was losing, I have no problem with others calling it a fluke.

Not a fluke but he was lucky zombie doesn't fight with any caution and is more concerned with being exciting than winning.

No, he intended to land the strike he threw and he did. Was he a little lucky in that the Korean Zombie did what Yair needed him to do for it to land? Sure, that doesn't make it a fluke though.

fluke no
lucky yes
fluke are ko that have realy little chance of happening and yair could ko zombie again he probably ko him 3/10 time dec him 2/10 and zombie win the other 5 time

...you throw the strike, without even looking or seeing where it's going...that is called a fluke.

You mean like a spinning backfist/elbow? You can literally train them. Yair allegedly said he saw Cerrone drilling it and thought he'd give it a whirl. He attempted the same manoeuvre earlier in the fight.

Everything is a fluke. TDs are flukes since the opponent happened to react poorly or/and misplace his feet/arms etc etc.:rolleyes:

A fluke is this...how often do you see a strike like that landing if they fought another 10x? landing a jab or right hand is something that always land in fights...but when you throw up a hail mary elbow, out of panic or defense, that's a fluke..
Plenty of missed/blocked jabs and right hands in combat sports.

The timing was a fluke, last second of the fight. The strike was not.

There really is no such thing as a lucky anything in striking.
You throw a strike and aim for your opponent, but when it lands it's labelled as lucky?

Awesome fight, amazing finish, don’t care about semantics.

Back