Adam Carolla Podcast: Sidekick Alison Rosen is GONE

Couldn't care less about her or Adam's podcast. I used to listen to him but he had become increasingly prone to retarded outbursts of racism, bigotry, and homophobia among other things.

That's too bad. I'm 38 so I've occasionally listened to Corolla since the original Loveline during the early 90s. He seemed like an amusing guy with a solid perspective, but he's getting older and sometimes time just warps people. Look at Charlton Heston - dude was an advocate of civil rights during the 60s, and by the 90s he was an extremist right wing NRA spokesman. Just utterly pathetic. Demented, really.

That's too bad. I'm 38 so I've occasionally listened to Corolla since the original Loveline during the early 90s. He seemed like an amusing guy with a solid perspective, but he's getting older and sometimes time just warps people. Look at Charlton Heston - dude was an advocate of civil rights during the 60s, and by the 90s he was an extremist right wing NRA spokesman. Just utterly pathetic. Demented, really.
Carolla was pushing the envelope years and years before this recent rupture in the color line. Sometimes I found myself wondering, "Whoa! That was pretty out there. People can get away with that in Hollywood?" But I never heard him say anything despicably eugenic. He criticizes on cultural and behavioral grounds. He's simply too candid for many snowflakes. I don't agree with him, often, and think he sounds a bit like a cranky old Clint Eastwood chasing kids off his lawn, occasionally, but he isn't monstrous or warped or anything.

If he's such a despicable racist I have trouble believing that his friendship with Kimmel wouldn't have melted down a long time ago, and it clearly hasn't:

Carolla was pushing the envelope years and years before this recent rupture in the color line. Sometimes I found myself wondering, "Whoa! That was pretty out there. People can get away with that in Hollywood?" But I never heard him say anything despicably eugenic. He criticizes on cultural and behavioral grounds. He's simply too candid for many snowflakes. I don't agree with him, often, and think he sounds a bit like a cranky old Clint Eastwood chasing kids off his lawn, occasionally, but he isn't monstrous or warped or anything.

If he's such a despicable racist I have trouble believing that his friendship with Kimmel wouldn't have melted down a long time ago, and it clearly hasn't:

Yeah, Jimmy has invited Adam to help write his jokes for the Oscars both years he has done it too. They are still tight.

Yeah, Jimmy has invited Adam to help write his jokes for the Oscars both years he has done it too. They are still tight.
Not tight wnough for Jimmy to have done Adam’s podcast this decade though.

Not tight wnough for Jimmy to have done Adam’s podcast this decade though.

He was on it a few years ago.

And anyway, Jimmy having Adam on is the real test, that's a much bigger deal.

He was on it a few years ago.

And anyway, Jimmy having Adam on is the real test, that's a much bigger deal.
When did he do it? The folks on the Carolla forum are constantly snickering that Adam cant land his supposed BFF as a guest

I was a fan of him in the man show but when he started saying negative things about Mexican people in southern California I stopped being a fan.

When did he do it? The folks on the Carolla forum are constantly snickering that Adam cant land his supposed BFF as a guest

Jimmy called in sometime around the election. Adam has also mentioned a few times that he could get him on the show if he wants, but he doesn't want to bother him. It's nice enough that Jimmy always keeps bringing him on his big talk show. I'm sure he's gotten some crap from people saying 'do we really need that guy on?' but Jimmy sticks by him.

Jimmy called in sometime around the election. Adam has also mentioned a few times that he could get him on the show if he wants, but he doesn't want to bother him. It's nice enough that Jimmy always keeps bringing him on his big talk show. I'm sure he's gotten some crap from people saying 'do we really need that guy on?' but Jimmy sticks by him.
I've read many times that running talk shows is the busiest occupation in the entertainment industry. It is not for the lazy artists or entertainers.

Frankly, that was always one of my suspicions for why Craig Ferguson left. He could endure it, but he never struck me as the workaholic type. I think he enjoyed it while it lasted, but if they weren't going to give him the main gig, screw it, I'm outta here, this is too much damn work, and I've made enough money to live in a castle until I die.

I'd rather be down at the pub.

I was a fan of him in the man show but when he started saying negative things about Mexican people in southern California I stopped being a fan.

Adam talks shit about lazy people, or no-license contractors who dump waste materials for example, etc. and he lives in Cali, so of course he's going to make a lot of Mexican jokes. I don't think he's racist though, he's also talked a few times about how great Inarritu is for example, who directed The Revenant, and he'll also make fun of white people all the time and talk about how Asians & Jews are better than them because they have their shit together. He talks about race, he jokes about race, but I don't think that makes him a racist.

I've read many times that running talk shows is the busiest occupation in the entertainment industry. It is not for the lazy artists or entertainers.

Frankly, that was always one of my suspicions for why Craig Ferguson left. He could endure it, but he never struck me as the workaholic type. I think he enjoyed it while it lasted, but if they weren't going to give him the main gig, screw it, I'm outta here, this is too much damn work, and I've made enough money to live in a castle until I die.

I'd rather be down at the pub.

Yeah that guy was great, and even though he didn't get the gig he wanted, really he beat the system. Better to just retire and live off the millions. Guys like Conan who actually live for that grind are a different breed.

Always heard things about this dudes podcast but no idea who he is.

Stone Cold has the best Podcastone show imo.

Was there ever an appeal to Adam Carolla? All I ever hear from him is nasally bitching about progressives. He's fucking boring.

Have no interest in his podcast but I do listen to the one with Drew which is basically loveline part 2. He has definitely got more political though. Don't care for it, that was never what made him funny.

Adam never really changed, but Jimmy, after banging Sara Silverwhatsherface, went full cry on tv SJW bitch.

Which was the real Jimmy?

Adam never really changed, but Jimmy, after banging Sara Silverwhatsherface, went full cry on tv SJW bitch.

Which was the real Jimmy?

He'll conjure up an authentic cry for ratings.

Was there ever an appeal to Adam Carolla? All I ever hear from him is nasally bitching about progressives. He's fucking boring.

Not only is he annoying to listen to but his take on issues is most often completely wrong with the reality of the situation.

I was a big fan of his back in the Loveline days, and he had a funny morning radio show for a while as well.

But his podcast is garbage. Can't listen to it. He repeats himself ad nauseum, and his podcast is way too political. Too much ranting and very few jokes.

It's a shame because he is a really funny guy with a quick wit.
But he works better when he is either working for someone, or has a quality partner to riff with and exchange ideas.
The people he has surrounding him now are just there to kiss his ass and agree with him .

Not only is he annoying to listen to but his take on issues is most often completely wrong with the reality of the situation.

I don't get his following, at all. Or Kimmel's either. They say boilerplate for people who already agree with them, play the intelligence (Carolla) or morality (Kimmel) cards as totems, and bleat. Neither has much unique to say, and neither articulates their sentiments very well, much less of note.

Back