Adam Carolla Podcast: Sidekick Alison Rosen is GONE

I don't get his following, at all. Or Kimmel's either. They say boilerplate for people who already agree with them, play the intelligence (Carolla) or morality (Kimmel) cards as totems, and bleat. Neither has much unique to say, and neither articulates their sentiments very well, much less of note.
Kimmel has always sucked ass, but Carolla was awesome back in the day on Loveline. So a lot of us are like battered wives thinking back to how romantic our husband was when we first married him.

Here he is going after Gavin newsome and his check cashing thing. It’s great.

I still have never listened to his podcast even though I loved his radio show, and pretty much everything else he ever did. I will probably be put stary today.

Saw this on r/Carolla and thought it was pretty interesting. @jackietreehorn8 @Da Speeit

"Disclaimer: I stopped listening to ACS when Allison left. The show was starting to get formulaic, stale and generally unfunny. I actually felt myself getting into a sour mood after I was done listening - so I stopped, but still enjoy funny bits posted here to this sub.

The Backstory: I came across Adam much like others have, I stumbled upon it. Loveline was my constant companion as I drove around delivering Pizza's around my college campus. Funny, off-the-cuff and educational. It was always on the radio when I was in the car. Fast forward a few years and I found myself working for the largest wine company in the world and I was the "young digital guy". This was around 2009, Facebook for brands was just starting to take off and Twitter was starting to become a thing - so because I was one of maybe 5 people in the entire company who actively used FB, I asked to start "marketing" some of the brands we had. Of course, they said "No" but you can with our innovative brands. So, I was shuffled to the "innovation" department, usually where brands go to die before they even see the light of day. It was at this time Adam, Donny & crew had started ACS and I started to listen. It was glorious. The Master himself had a format where he could just go. No interruptions by commercials / drew / producers, and the best part? It was FUNNY, insightful, touching, and different. Then I came up with a wild idea. Adam had mentioned a few times on his podcast that he is a wine drinker. Shit. I was working at a wine company... in marketing. I quickly put together a pitch for my boss, then his boss, then the board. Everyone loved it. They wanted to have Adam sponsor one of our brands: Sledgehammer.

How it happened: I emailed "contact" us on their meager website. A sales guy (Kit) called me back. I took him through what we were thinking about using Adam's likeness in marketing material, trade material, etc.. Soon, I was talking to "Baby Doll Dixon" and a deal was struck. The execs were flabbergasted on how cheap it was. They all high-fived. I looked like a goddamn wunderkind. Labels were created, wine was sourced, and we were off to the races. My team and I first met Adam personally at his studios to pitch him the full concept of how creative was going to be executed. He was quiet, observant and asked little questions throughout the presentation. He was taller than I expected him to be.

After Adam's creative approval we executed our marketing strategy which included an event at Adam's Studios for our VIPs as well as coordinating a trip for Adam and team up to Napa CA. Below are the observations and notes that I had during that experience.

Also - bonus videos / photos of everything.

On Adam: Generally, I noticed Adam to be naturally quiet, observant and respectful. He remembered everyone's name on my team that introduced themselves, and actively listened. That was the most surprising part. When you spoke to him he didn't look at you directly, rather, indirectly or askew, but you knew he was LISTENING. I don't believe I have to this day encountered someone who actively listened as Adam. It was cool and very unexpected. On

Donny: The man. Warm, funny, welcoming and the brains of the operation. I spent more time with Donny than with anyone else on the ACE team. He was full of ideas, set-ups, skits, partnerships, I believe at one point, at lunch he was talking about approaching Netflix (it was 2010 at the time) for a videocast exclusive of the show. I strongly believe that Donny was the reason ACS was as good as it was in the early days.

On Mike August: This man is the primary reason we have seen the decline of the show. He was tasked to run the "business" side of things, he's terrible at it and everyone is aware of it besides Adam. It was funny when Adam visited the winery in Napa, from the time he got out of the car to conversations, to walks and bathroom breaks - Mike was constantly in Adam's ear. I believe that Adam respects him because he has an MBA and passed law school - but they guy is a leach. Remember the character Wormtongue from LOTR? Yeah, that's him. I also noticed a distinct rift between Mike August and Donny. Donny never spoke to Mike and they largely avoided each other.

The Others:

Alison - Very professional. She played a part on the show and knew it.

Bryan - Never met him personally

Mike Lynch - Down to earth, cool dude. Definitely a writer, and Adam would always turn to him to talk about a random thought he had and see if it passed the Mike test. This was a fun dynamic between Mike Lynch and Adam - very much like a big brother / little brother scenario.

Mike Dawson - professional and warmThe rest of the staff - scared stiff of Adam

Adam could have been the funnier version of a Tim Ferris, where he gets in deep with guests without the seriousness of Tim, but the flash of insight (and funny) from Adam. Alas that never panned out."

Read that yesterday.
I no longer listen. Adam has jumped the shark, the show sucks and Gina is unlistenable garbage.

Adam Corolla sucks and is a bitter bitter man because he is doing podcasts and his old pal Kimmel went to the top of the mountain.

The reason he is doing podcasts is because he’s an asshole and can’t find good work

Read that yesterday.
I no longer listen. Adam has jumped the shark, the show sucks and Gina is unlistenable garbage.

I don't think I've listened in a year. I still check out the sub every once and a while.

Adam Corolla sucks and is a bitter bitter man because he is doing podcasts and his old pal Kimmel went to the top of the mountain.

The reason he is doing podcasts is because he’s an asshole and can’t find good work

Carolla from 2009- 2014 was awesome.

I don't think I've listened in a year. I still check out the sub every once and a while.
I'm just sick of pretending Gina's not fat
2018-05-17acs-1.jpg

I used to like adam and jimmy on the man show it was great. I watched kimmel live for a few seasons but the newer seasons are not good anymore.

Read that yesterday.

I still listen fairly regularly.

Show is the same as it was.

You guys are just cans

You guys are just cans
The stuff with his parents has been a little much, dude. Secretly recording his mother? Shit's weird dude, and she sounds way different than he describes.

The stuff with his parents has been a little much, dude. Secretly recording his mother? Shit's weird dude, and she sounds way different than he describes.

His parent whining is definitely his weakest shit. I could listen to him bitch about left turn arrows for hours tho

You guys are just cans

If this was true how come he's no longer listed among the top podcasts? Why won't DAG come on anymore? Why doesn't he have quality guests?

ACE has the talent to be a comedic genius. But he doesn't want to be that it seems

I tried listening to his podcast but it sounds like some morning show BS. His show with Drew is cool though.

If this was true how come he's no longer listed among the top podcasts? Why won't DAG come on anymore? Why doesn't he have quality guests?

ACE has the talent to be a comedic genius. But he doesn't want to be that it seems

Apparently he’s finally working on an actual standup special, that should be interesting.

I saw him in like 2010 solo, when he first tried doing that, and it was awesome.

Apparently he’s finally working on an actual standup special, that should be interesting.

I saw him in like 2010 solo, when he first tried doing that, and it was awesome.

I saw him solo 2 or 3 years ago. It was a decent performance but it was the same stuff he did in his podcast or books. Nothing new

That’s interesting that the guy on Reddit said Donny was amazing and Mike August is a leech. It makes me think it was written by Donny. Not that I doubt that Mike August is a leech.

Back