Adam Carolla Podcast: Sidekick Alison Rosen is GONE

I listen to Corolla but I skip lot more episodes then I used to.
If he has a good comic on, it is a must listen, because it feels like Adam steps it up, to show he is funny as well. I always listen if Jo Koy, Jay Mohr, Dana Gould or Fitzdog is on. I also listen if he has someone on, that I know, but if the guest sucks or I don't know them, I find myself skipping.

His parent whining is definitely his weakest shit. I could listen to him bitch about left turn arrows for hours tho
<{clintugh}>
He's been doing that tired bit since he was on Loveline, like 15 years ago.

The show is definitely not the same as it was in the past. Did you listen to the radio show, 2006 year with Dave Damesheck? That was when he was at his best.
He was surrounded by other characters, and people that were either stupid, or would bust his balls. I believe Kimmel was considered one of the producers of the show that year, and he called in to the show from time to time.
With Bryan and Gina, the show is just about listening to Adam rant about the same bullshit he always does.
When he had a radio show, he had a producer and he had to take commercial breaks, he had to keep to a time schedule, so he couldn't just rant for an hour.
One of the most annoying things he does now is talking about a video that he is watching in the studio as if the listener can see it. He doesn't think about the listener. The podcast is like an audio diary.

Adam is best at thinking on his feet, and he gets none of that with the podcast.
Loveline and the radio show had other people, other ideas, and most importantly, callers. The dumb ass people who he would murder on the phone were some of the best shit, and those calls usually led to other interesting conversations. Adam left to his own devices is a boring, blowhard.

The show is definitely not the same as it was in the past. Did you listen to the radio show, 2006 year with Dave Damesheck? That was when he was at his best.

Yeah, I listened back then, before then, and I still like it now.

<Fedor23>

Loveline and the radio show had other people, other ideas, and most importantly, callers.

Then listen to the Adam & Dr. Drew show, if you like that, which is also great. It’s basically Loveline, multiple episodes every week, so quit yer whinin’.

<DisgustingHHH>

He got too political for my taste, also, call me an asshole, but i can't stand listening to bald Bryan's stammering like a child and his pointless interruptions. I get that he survived brain cancer or whatever, but does that mean he has to have such a pervasive role in the show? Bald Bryan is not good to listen to, he sucks. Let him play with sound effects in a booth in the back.

Also, Carolla has an inferiority complex with his intellect. He constantly tries to show how naturally smart he is, but the fool can't even spell. He rips on poor people for not escaping the poverty cycle, and uses himself as an example of a poor person that worked hard and got his shit together, when in reality, he hit the freakin lottery in having the right friends to carry his ass. He owes everything to Kimmel. If Kimmel had never took up boxing, Carolla would be an illiterate piece of shit, working the trades with illegal immigrants, sharing a house with 5 other bums. He'd never pass the contractor's license test because the fool couldn't read the questions.

I honestly don't think he's as funny as he gets credit for. The best bits on his show that I remember involve his guests doing the heavy lifting. I'm thinking Jo Koy kills it everytime he's on, DAG the same. I don't recall who did the Deaf frat guy, but that dude had me rolling everytime.

<Fedor23>

Then listen to the Adam & Dr. Drew show, if you like that, which is also great. It’s basically Loveline, multiple episodes every week, so quit yer whinin’.

<DisgustingHHH>
I stopped listening to ADS about a year and a half ago when it became a 45 minute show with 20 minutes of ads and 15 minutes of Adam screeamming at Drew

He got too political for my taste, also, call me an asshole, but i can't stand listening to bald Bryan's stammering like a child and his pointless interruptions. I get that he survived brain cancer or whatever, but does that mean he has to have such a pervasive role in the show? Bald Bryan is not good to listen to, he sucks. Let him play with sound effects in a booth in the back.

Also, Carolla has an inferiority complex with his intellect. He constantly tries to show how naturally smart he is, but the fool can't even spell. He rips on poor people for not escaping the poverty cycle, and uses himself as an example of a poor person that worked hard and got his shit together, when in reality, he hit the freakin lottery in having the right friends to carry his ass. He owes everything to Kimmel. If Kimmel had never took up boxing, Carolla would be an illiterate piece of shit, working the trades with illegal immigrants, sharing a house with 5 other bums. He'd never pass the contractor's license test because the fool couldn't read the questions.

I honestly don't think he's as funny as he gets credit for. The best bits on his show that I remember involve his guests doing the heavy lifting. I'm thinking Jo Koy kills it everytime he's on, DAG the same. I don't recall who did the Deaf frat guy, but that dude had me rolling everytime.
Adam's "Family and Edcuation" Carolla is a terrible parent with a drunk wife who neglets his children emotionally and wonders why his 8 year old daughter is constantly in therapy for her violent outbursts and his son can't read or write.

Adam's "Family and Edcuation" Carolla is a terrible parent with a drunk wife who neglets his children emotionally and wonders why his 8 year old daughter is constantly in therapy for her violent outbursts and his son can't read or write.
What do you expect, him to take his own advice or something? He just makes fun of people not named Adam Carolla who don’t parent correctly.

What do you expect, him to take his own advice or something? He just makes fun of people not named Adam Carolla who don’t parent correctly.
Srs. It gets a bit annoying dude, his drunk wife constantly shitting on fans that pay her bills is nuts too.

Srs. It gets a bit annoying dude, his drunk wife constantly shitting on fans that pay her bills is nuts too.

How do you even hear her? I listen all the time and I barely ever hear his wife. Please don’t tell me you listen to her podcast.

I stopped subscribing to Ace after he ditched Donny, but would periodically listen if I wanted to hear the guest. Rosen was the raason I stopped checking in on Adam. She was (can't say for sure now as I haven't listened in a long time) terrible. Simply unlikable and off putting. Glad she's gone, might listen again.

<Fedor23>

<DisgustingHHH>
Haha well, i won't shit on your joy then
It hurts tomsay I'm no longer a fan, because i was really into Loveline, and i saw a few of his live radio shows, and threw some money down to support his movie 'The Hammer'.
I have heard his show with Drew, and it isn't the same. They're both shells of their former selfs. Adam is just too jaded and bitter for my tastes these days.

love adam in the old lovelines, cant stand him these days

Haha well, i won't shit on your joy then
It hurts tomsay I'm no longer a fan, because i was really into Loveline, and i saw a few of his live radio shows, and threw some money down to support his movie 'The Hammer'.
I have heard his show with Drew, and it isn't the same. They're both shells of their former selfs. Adam is just too jaded and bitter for my tastes these days.

The show with Drew is honestly the exact same thing as loveline, minus the crazy guests and incompetent coworkers he made fun of. Maybe you just grew out of his humor.

The show with Drew is honestly the exact same thing as loveline, minus the crazy guests and incompetent coworkers he made fun of. Maybe you just grew out of his humor.
Nah. They take calls still on the current show but it isn't like the old show.
The calls from the old show led to a lot more possibility to get crazy or weird people on. People tracking down his podcast to call in are a different breed of people than the ones who found the show via radio.
The crazy calls and guests WERE the show. It was those things that gave Adam and Drew stuff to talk about .

Adam is way more bitter and cynical about life than he is now . He has changed .
But it's not that he's not funny anymore, it's that he is lazy..as far as creating content goes. He doesn't prepare for his shows, he just wings it. He has like 3 separate shows that he does, and he ends up repeating himself a lot.

Adam doesn't like to prepare. He thinks of himself as a comedic genius. Although he is very quick witted, he isn't good at creating his own shit. He's good at reacting to things . He has nothing to react to on his podcasts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back