ACA VP Arslanbek Badaev says they made Ngannou a 7 figure offer for a fight; his manager rejected it

STAY GOLD

Sherdog.com Staff
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

He also says Ngannou is focused on boxing as he is offered more money to box.

I was going to throw this in the general Worldwide thread, but Ngannou is a big enough name to warrant a thread of it's own.

Yeah, if he turned down $8m for the Jones fight I'm not sure why he thinks he'd want to go to Russia for a lot less.
He what? OOTL. He turned down $8M for the Jones fight?

Yeah, if he turned down $8m for the Jones fight I'm not sure why he thinks he'd want to go to Russia for a lot less.

I think the real problem was that was for the one fight to make that kind of money and I don't think it was guarantee even. It was the projection of the PPV buys with his base salary and probably a nice bonus for the Jones fight by the UFC knowing it would be a massive pay day for themselves.

Otherwise he was probably back at whatever base salary + PPV money after that fight.

Well, at least they tried.

I think the real problem was that was for the one fight to make that kind of money and I don't think it was guarantee even. It was the projection of the PPV buys with his base salary and probably a nice bonus for the Jones fight by the UFC knowing it would be a massive pay day for themselves.

Otherwise he was probably back at whatever base salary + PPV money after that fight.
Yeah, promoters (particularly Dana) have a particular way of saying things that are very deceiving. Right off the bat whenever someone doesnt speak straight up you know there is something up. He said they offered him the biggest payday for a HW ever for the Jones fight. Since Brock received 8 million people assumed the offer was at least the same. He didnt offer any particulars lf the offer or the contract but it is safe to assume that they were shit, compared to what Ngannou wanted. It is also safe to assume that the UFC would probably want to keep him in a leash and offer the worst match up possible for him.

Well, at least they tried.
Other Russian promoters have tried signing him with big money offers as well. I recall Aleksander Emelianenko's manager saying there was a promoter who made him a big money offer to fight Aleks.

I'm shocked, shocked I say that he declined the offer

Other Russian promoters have tried signing him with big money offers as well. I recall Aleksander Emelianenko's manager saying there was a promoter who made him a big money offer to fight Aleks.

Would have been a badass fight five years ago.

Back