News Saudi's have made an offer to Ngannou for his next fight

0f25ee2d869ef533343ffaed0b830712.jpg
to me, from the interviews with the head of PFL, it sounds like they are going to do Wilder vs Ngannou, in the PFL smartcage, boxing rules, MMA gloves next year either March or end of the year. And then that'll open up a Fury rematch / another boxing fight as well. either way, francis has secured his future, has done the unthinkable, and it couldn't have happened to a better dude. achieved the UFC's highest, didn't bend the knee to uncle fester, and proved every hater/doubter wrong. amazing to see.

I love how it went from Ngannou dropped the bag, to so successful top 5 boxers will be the B list side of the matchup and are begging to be his next opponent

to me, from the interviews with the head of PFL, it sounds like they are going to do Wilder vs Ngannou, in the PFL smartcage, boxing rules, MMA gloves next year either March or end of the year. And then that'll open up a Fury rematch / another boxing fight as well. either way, francis has secured his future, has done the unthinkable, and it couldn't have happened to a better dude. achieved the UFC's highest, didn't bend the knee to uncle fester, and proved every hater/doubter wrong. amazing to see.
NO boxer is going to fight him with MMA gloves. It's suicide.

Boxing is dying. Francis can potentially be first MMA and Boxing double champ :|
Yep...dying so hard that the reigning HW UFC champ had to exit to boxing to make real money.

You guys are such clowns.

Wilder is going to shatter his right hand in MMA gloves...not a great idea, and I doubt PFL has got the coin to make it worth while.

NO boxer is going to fight him with MMA gloves. It's suicide.
i think Wilder has the best chance to KO someone with MMA gloves. James Toney, Ray Mercer, they ended up trying. Ray Mercer did pretty alright. I think if it's stand up only, boxing rules, then it makes sense. Otherwise mixed rules + the cage + the ground game would be way too much.

Turki Alalshikh went on Ariel's show and said he met with Ngannou and has given him a contract offer with "options" and that they are currently waiting Ngannou to make a decision. I assume by options he is referring to different opponents which are most likely AJ and Wilder. Eddie Hearn also went on Helwani's show and said he wants to make Ngannou vs AJ happen.

One can only assume that whatever the Saudi offer is probably in the ball park of tens of millions based on other Saudi boxing deals, and considering how much hype and attention there is on Ngannou right now it shouldn't be a surprise.

Dana White's henchmen like O'Malley, Sonnen, and DC who earlier in the year said Ngannou made a mistake by not accepting the UFC offer look like a bunch of fools.

FOPb9zHXoAMwd8Y.jpeg
sean-omalley-video.jpg
20200725_022116.jpg

I could see him fighting like once a year under the PFL banner just to keep some momentum up in case he loses his next boxing fight. Most of the guys there are easy pickings, and if they do get the bellator guys, we might even see Ngannou vs Bader.

At 37yo it'll be easier to stay healthy if he just focused on boxing. The only big $$ MMA fight would be against Jones and there's no way the UFC lets that happen.

Remember only Conor could generate those kinds of bucks? Doesn't look like it.

I bet Francis comes out of all of this at least $100 million richer.

I bet it's someone farther down the rankings that he can have a highlight KO against and then build up a fight with Wilder or Joshua.

Too risky. He’ll always be susceptible to losing any Top 50 ranked boxer so why risk your payday ?

He aimed for the top so now stay there. Wilder is his biggest fight and biggest moneymaker. Then maybe AJ and then a Fury rematch. He can bank 50-60 million off these alone. losing them doesn’t matter one bit but lose to some unheralded clown ? That’s a box office death sentence for him.

I hope he fights Wilder next but given Hearn’s and AJ’s relationship with Saudi Arabia, I expect him to fight Joshua. I don’t see that as a favourable or exciting matchup for him.

i think Wilder has the best chance to KO someone with MMA gloves. James Toney, Ray Mercer, they ended up trying. Ray Mercer did pretty alright. I think if it's stand up only, boxing rules, then it makes sense. Otherwise mixed rules + the cage + the ground game would be way too much.
Kicking alone. Leg kicks can take out a boxer in one round. Half of the UFC roster can't defend leg kicks.
Francis could scoop up Wilder and slam him with no effort. And pound him out.
Why am I posting this.
It isn't going to happen. Ever.

Back