82% of the Wealth Generated in 2017 Went to the Richest 1%

In other words

Let me cry over some ppl being smarter n more savvy when it comes to money

Pretty much. It’s pathetic that these people are so openly jealous. People like the OP stand against everything America was founded on

If you're making 80% of the money, you're paying 80% of the taxes. They're paying 45% of the taxes.

Damn right that's tax inequality!

If your 1% of the population you should be paying 1% of the taxes. Unfortunately the rest of the population doesn’t contribute their fair share.

Pretty much. It’s pathetic that these people are so openly jealous. People like the OP stand against everything America was founded on
Weird, I thought America was founded on ideas such as liberty, free speech, freedom of religion, due process of law, freedom of assembly, and balance of powers.

I didn't realize it was founded in order to perpetuate corporatism and oligarchy.

If your 1% of the population you should be paying 1% of the taxes. Unfortunately the rest of the population doesn’t contribute their fair share.
Your grammar is truly atrocious; I'm also starting to believe that you're just a troll.

Ah, troll or simpleton? The eternal question.

Last edited:
no. just since trump became president. under obama, everyone had the same opportunities

I interpreted the sentiment of the thread to be such as well.

Perhaps that wasn't the intention of @luckyshot

Realizing this is the WR and the game here is argument I'm not surprised, (its part of the fun) but sometimes I'd like to see these things framed more independently, because this isn't a new trend but a snowball that's been building over time, and I've yet to see a Democrat who's reversed said trend in as many years.

It hasn't happened. it won't happen.

On that common ground perhaps a better conversation could happen?

Who knows, that's why I have no real business here, I'm tired of the argument game.

If only we had more of that thinking throughout history, then we wouldn't have had to dispose of the ruling nobility. The US does have a wealth distribution roughly equal to that of medieval Europe so we could have just stayed with that and saved us some trouble.
I wonder if there were medieval serfs who talked of 'stop looking at the nobles money'

For context, the richest 1% in the world = making $32K USD or more.

And wealth generated would obviously be imbalanced by people who spend all their money.

This only continues to illustrate that poor countries are overpopulated.

the OP seems to be combining the ideas of the top 1% of the world and the top 1% of America. Those are very different issues in regard to income inequality.

Billionaires typically employ a lot of people. If a business generates a billion dollars in a year, like mine does.. the owners signs my paycheck and give me a bonus. He after all, takes all the risk and has the majority of the responsibility to keep this business profitable. I can't hate on him for that.

I wonder if there were medieval serfs who talked of 'stop looking at the nobles money'
Of course there were. They knew their place. If they had any doubts, the kings and priests settled those swiftly.

And they were all happy, dammit... well, all except this guy:

hqdefault.jpg

Weird, I thought America was founded on ideas such as liberty, free speech, freedom of religion, due process of law, freedom of assembly, and balance of powers.

I didn't realize it was founded in order to perpetuate corporatism and oligarchy.

Your grammar is truly atrocious; I'm also starting to believe that you're just a troll.

Ah, troll or simpleton? The eternal question.

I wasn’t aware I was being graded on grammar here. Ur lack of morality is disgusting. I don’t know how you can live with yourself.

Keep crying “injustice” and blaming others on ur failures.

For context, the richest 1% in the world = making $32K USD or more.
Usually these articles never define what "Upper Class" or "Wealthy" even means. This one is no exception.

There are a lot of people who think Upper Class mean you make $100,000 year.

Depends. Gates made a mint because he started licensing his software instead of outright selling it. Creating the software licensing industry wasn't particularly difficult, the foundation was laid by lawyers and well established. And his dad was business attorney so all the knowledge he needed was at his fingertips. Gates didn't invent software or licensing, although I think it's fair to credit him for creating the software licensing industry.

gates is certainly part of the 1%. i find it rather aloof and condescending to suggest it is not hard to create an industry to monetize.

Four out of every five dollars of wealth generated in 2017 ended up in the pockets of the richest one percent, while the poorest half of humanity got nothing, a report published by Oxfam found on Monday.

Oxfam blamed “tax dodging” as a major cause of global inequality and urged leaders to clamp down on tax havens.

http://time.com/5111971/billionaires-global-inequality-income-oxfam-wealth/

Well, that's depressing.

But they create the jobs. If not for them, they would just keep all five dollars. At least there exists some trickle down wealth.

Usually these articles never define what "Upper Class" or "Wealthy" even means. This one is no exception.

There are a lot of people who think Upper Class mean you make $100,000 year.

Depends on where you live that's for sure. In some places 100K could make you wealthy and in other places it is really peanuts

Two years ago the number was 80-- now we are down to 42 billionaires who own more wealth than to poorest half of the world's population.

Think about those numbers:

42 > 3,500,000,000+.

What happened to the other 38 Billionaires?

I wasn’t aware I was being graded on grammar here. Ur lack of morality is disgusting. I don’t know how you can live with yourself.

Keep crying “injustice” and blaming others on ur failures.
When you are attempting to communicate on text-based forum, then, yes, the ability to write clearly becomes an issue.

I would also point out that people who cannot write clearly can rarely think clearly.

What happened to the other 38 Billionaires?
They're still there, but wealth in general is being concentrated and redistributed upwardly in recent years.

That's the macro-trend that this article is illustrating.

Last edited:
Yet Trumpers defend those 42 as if it were their own parents because... Trump

eh, what other politicians can you name that you cant blame this on like you would Trump? It isnt Trump, its all the politicians, our political apparatus that is at fault here.

When you are attempting to communicate on text-based forum, yes, the ability to write clearly becomes an issue.

I would also point out that people who cannot write clearly can rarely think clearly.

Text based forums are often posted from phones and using grammatical shortcuts is fine. Attacking ones grammar because you can’t come up with any legitimate arguments is quite sad.

Anyways tax inequality finally being recognized by our leaders and starting to be addressed. This is why tax reform passed. You know if you actually put effort into building wealth instead of crying about others having money it would lead to much more success for you.

gates is certainly part of the 1%. i find it rather aloof and condescending to suggest it is not hard to create an industry to monetize.

You might find it so but I said "depends", not that it's always one or the other.

Back