82% of the Wealth Generated in 2017 Went to the Richest 1%

Jealousy is where you are wrong. I'm left wing and considered quite wealthy by today's standards. Nice try though

I am are you have the nicest trailer on your block. Keep bashing those who run the world. These threads are disgusting.

I am are you have the nicest trailer on your block. Keep bashing those who run the world. These threads are disgusting.

Hilarious. Trailers are for Trumpets and we all know that. I'm going to see a 3300 square foot house this afternoon. I can post pics so you can have something to dream about tonight haha

Koch and his brother David spent millions of dollars to get the tax law passed and are spending millions more in a public relations campaign in an attempt to boost support for the law, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Hilarious. Trailers are for Trumpets and we all know that. I'm going to see a 3300 square foot house this afternoon. I can post pics so you can have something to dream about tonight haha
Share the wealth bro. Why you need dat big of a house? There's people out there in 2000 square foot homes you know.

Share the wealth bro. Why you need dat big of a house? There's people out there in 2000 square foot homes you know.

I'm no billionaire. If I was I would certainly share lots of wealth. My wife and I donate between 5-7% to charity. We do our share.

And in the news this week, rich people who own mega corporations make a lot of money. Feigned outrage at 11.
The rich are rich. That's fine. I personally have never wanted to be rich anyways (probably my Catholic upbringing and the fact that I took what Jesus said about wealth seriously). I'm well-educated but working class, and generally pretty happy with that.

I think the problem is the trend and what it implies for the strings of political power. We all know that money is power. If money is getting concentrated more and more in the hands of a smaller and smaller group of people, so is power.

That's what scares me.

Last edited:
I also think it's fucked up that politicians representing the ultra-wealthy in the US make the argument that we can't afford universal healthcare when the wealthy are getting wealthier than ever and every other nation has it. Do that math for a second.

But people eat it up for some reason.

Last edited:
The rich are rich. That's fine. I personally have never wanted to be rich anyways (probably my Catholic upbringing and the fact that I took what Jesus said about wealth seriously). I'm well-educated but working class, and generally pretty happy with that.

I think the problem is the trend and what it implies for the strings of political power. We all know that money is power. If money is getting concentrated more and more in the hands of a smaller and smaller group of people, so is power.

That's what scares me.
I really don't think this is anyhting new, though. Its just a sign of changing times. Shopping malls close, Amazon benefits etc. People just aren't outraged enough to not use amazon.

This is mostly a result of the same stock-market growth that is praised in other threads. To really do something about ensuring that economic growth is broadly distributed, we either need some form of SWF or much more aggressive redistribution/pro-labor policy.

Yet Trumpers defend those 42 as if it were their own parents because... Trump
Actually I defend them because you have zero legitimate claim to their wealth. The only thing stopping you from being successful is you.

Back