82% of the Wealth Generated in 2017 Went to the Richest 1%

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Four out of every five dollars of wealth generated in 2017 ended up in the pockets of the richest one percent, while the poorest half of humanity got nothing, a report published by Oxfam found on Monday.

Oxfam blamed “tax dodging” as a major cause of global inequality and urged leaders to clamp down on tax havens.

http://time.com/5111971/billionaires-global-inequality-income-oxfam-wealth/

Well, that's depressing.

Last edited:
Two years ago the number was 80-- now we are down to 42 billionaires who own more wealth than to poorest half of the world's population.

Think about those numbers:

42 > 3,500,000,000+.

but but but... the little guy can invest in the stock market and make billions and billions just like all the billionaires. They just have to pull harder on the bootstraps.

Am I doing this right?

Two years ago the number was 80-- now we are down to 42 billionaires who own more wealth than to poorest half of the world's population.

42 > 3,500,000,000.

Yet Trumpers defend those 42 as if it were their own parents because... Trump

Yet Trumpers defend those 42 as if it were their own parents because... Trump

Most Trumpets would defend Trump over their own parents.

42 > 3,500,000,000+.
Maybe we should start a bootstrap company for all those people. Then we could be billionaires.

<seedat>

Posting to remind Trumpets to defend the 42 people

Its ok itl all trickle down!
These wealth providers were smart enough to be born into money and those who didnt just wernt trying hard enough!
They will pay politicans to enact policies to make their share even bigger and then fund think tanks to churn out b.s about why the rest of us shouldnt use political means to redress the balance ....enough dumbasses will swallow it to keep the cycle getting worse.
The threat of any real left in the west died when all the left polticans sold out and became the milton friedman ,wall street loving ' right lite' they are now
Its all fucked basicaly ...but hey lets focus on tranny rights and offensive tweets

Four out of every five dollars of wealth generated in 2017 ended up in the pockets of the richest one percent, while the poorest half of humanity got nothing, a report published by Oxfam found on Monday.

Oxfam blamed “tax dodging” as a major cause of global inequality and urged leaders to clamp down on tax havens.

http://time.com/5111971/billionaires-global-inequality-income-oxfam-wealth/

Well, that's depressing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-pay-nearly-half-of-federal-income-taxes.html

They also pay half of the income taxes. Why is depressing? Does it stop you or your family from succeeding? It’s actualy encouraging to me that hard work is being rewarded.

Its ok itl all trickle down!
These wealth providers were smart enough to be born into money and those who didnt just wernt trying hard enough!
They will pay politicans to enact policies to make their share even bigger and then fund think tanks to churn out b.s about why the rest of us shouldnt use political means to redress the balance ....enough dumbasses will swallow it to keep the cycle getting worse.
The threat of any real left in the west died when all the left polticans sold out and became the milton friedman ,wall street loving ' right lite' they are now
Its all fucked basicaly ...but hey lets focus on tranny rights and offensive tweets

At first I was like

200.webp

But then I was like

200.webp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-pay-nearly-half-of-federal-income-taxes.html

They also pay half of the income taxes. Why is depressing? Does it stop you or your family from succeeding? It’s actualy encouraging to me that hard work is being rewarded.
Hard work isn't being rewarded. Passive income generation is.

That's exactly the conclusion of the study in the OP:
“(It) reveals how our economies are rewarding wealth rather than the hard work of millions of people,” Winnie Byanyima, Oxfam’s executive director, told Reuters Television.

In the vast majority of cases, work doesn't make money. Money makes money.

This all just started in the last 2 years?

Brand new trend?

Hard work isn't being rewarded. Passive income generation is.

That's exactly the conclusion of the study in the OP:
“(It) reveals how our economies are rewarding wealth rather than the hard work of millions of people,” Winnie Byanyima, Oxfam’s executive director, told Reuters Television.

In the vast majority of cases, work doesn't make money. Money makes money.

It’s hard work accumulating the assets to build passive income. I’m trying to do that right now. I’m hoping to have 10 homes paid off at 10 years old each generating rent.

Of course money makes money. You have to get the money in the first place though. I’m not even going to read this warped left wing study fueled by ignorance and jealousy but this looks like it takes into account everyone. Even African countries and other places that have took themselves down into poverty.

And in the news this week, rich people who own mega corporations make a lot of money. Feigned outrage at 11.

It’s hard work accumulating the assets to build passive income. I’m trying to do that right now. I’m hoping to have 10 homes paid off at 10 years old each generating rent.

Of course money makes money. You have to get the money in the first place though. I’m not even going to read this warped left wing study fueled by ignorance and jealousy but this looks like it takes into account everyone. Even African countries and other places that have took themselves down into poverty.

Jealousy is where you are wrong. I'm left wing and considered quite wealthy by today's standards. Nice try though

This all just started in the last 2 years?

Brand new trend?
Nope. Who implied that? It's been going on for almost 40 years. Started with the Reagan/ Thatcher "revolutions" of the early 80's.

You know, trickle down and all that.

161221173430-inequality-piketty-1-780x439.png

But the trend accelerated in 2017.

Back