35 years later and exorcist is still horrifying

still horrifying if you believe in the fairy tale concept of hell and satan.
Hipster answer. Belief is not needed for the movie to work its effect. I dont believe,and the movie resonates.

No fuckin way is the third exorcist better than the first,the fuck outta here with that bullshit. I love the third exorcist...but the ending is very anticlimactic,and for some reason the major villain of the movie just up and dissapears. It's lame.

The cell scene alone is more tense and creepy than anything in the snooze fest of the first

The cell scene alone is more tense and creepy than anything in the snooze fest of the first
The cell scene is fantastic,but its not better than the first movie. It plays off the strengths of the first movie.

Hipster answer. Belief is not needed for the movie to work its effect. I dont believe,and the movie resonates.
hipster answer? i can eat steak and watch faces of death. some are built harder than others.

Lol @ the exorcist being too "old"

Id like you to watch The Great Escape and tell me that movie isnt one of the best movies youve ever seen. Age has done NOTHING to that movie. It comes down to kids being weak as fuck,when there isnt quick cuts and CGI cumming on their face.

hipster answer? i can eat steak and watch faces of death. some are built harder than others.
Hipster answer. Can you not enjoy Predator,because the Predator isnt real?

The shock value is long gone considering some of the shit Hollywood has put out since.

But its still a classic and enjoyable to watch.
Forget shock value. It is a GREAT FILM. That's all that matters.

Also another gripe i have with the original exorcist is i just simply loathe children in horror movies. They arent scary.

something you can kick across the wall like a basketball is not terrifying.

Also another gripe i have with the original exorcist is i just simply loathe children in horror movies. They arent scary.

something you can kick across the wall like a basketball is not terrifying.
Youd piss your pants being in the room with that chick. I Hate children in general,but Linda Blair did a tremendous job.

Youd piss your pants being in the room with that chick. I Hate children in general,but Linda Blair did a tremendous job.

Nah if my memory serves me right Linda still continually got overpowered when people wrestled her down despite being possessed by the great whoo whoo. I think the only exception was the time she floated in the air and sakuraba hammer fisted the priest.

Nah if my memory serves me right Linda still continually got overpowered when people wrestled her down despite being possessed by the great whoo whoo. I think the only exception was the time she floated in the air and sakuraba hammer fisted the priest.
The devil's game was not to overpower anyone. It was to lure the priest out for possession. Till then,DISTURBING PARANORMAL SATAN ACTIVITY 666

She'd bring up the fact that time you fucked that Goat. And now your gonna go to hell.

The devil's game was not to overpower anyone. It was to lure the priest out for possession. Till then,DISTURBING PARANORMAL SATAN ACTIVITY 666

She'd bring up the fact that time you fucked that Goat. And now your gonna go to hell.

the goat asked for it

No fuckin way is the third exorcist better than the first,the fuck outta here with that bullshit. I love the third exorcist...but the ending is very anticlimactic,and for some reason the major villain of the movie just up and dissapears. It's lame.
The cell scene is fantastic,but its not better than the first movie. It plays off the strengths of the first movie.

The thing I enjoyed about part 3 was how the studios knew they could not touch the original heavyweight yet took a spin and ran with it. The dialogue stands out, the hospital clinic scenes held tension, and you see the character arcs of Lieutenant Kinderman, Father Karras and the Gemini Killer. Conceptually it turned out better than I hoped for.

The thing I enjoyed about part 3 was how the studios knew they could not touch the original heavyweight yet took a spin and ran with it. The dialogue stands out, the hospital clinic scenes held tension, and you see the character arcs of Lieutenant Kinderman, Father Karras and the Gemini Killer. Conceptually it turned out better than I hoped for.
I am a big fan of the movie. I just dont like the ending.

I haven't watched 2 or 3. Sounds like 3 is pretty good, what about 2?
2 is a big departure from the other 2. Its nothing like the 1st one at all. Wasnt directed by the same guy. Low budget cash grab.

2 is a big departure from the other 2. Its nothing like the 1st one at all. Wasnt directed by the same guy. Low budget cash grab.

After hearing so many bad things about #2 I really didn't mind it. The director had an interesting career.

The first is one of the all time great films, not just in the horror genre. Horror films don't generally scare me, but this one to this day remains very creepy, that's all due to the director, acting etc.

I almost feel sorry for Ellen Burstyn. She has to go through so much emotional turmoil in her acting in Exorcist,and Requiem for a Dream...I hope its worth it to her,hahahah

The problem with this movie for me was the overhype at the time

I watched it as a young teen and it didn't bother me at all,
Shit like Scream and Halloween bothered me more mainly for the reason it's psychos wearing masks, whereas possession is bullshit

Back