35 years later and exorcist is still horrifying

never watched it and never will. cant watch demonic stuff.... saw some things that would terrify anyone. never have been religious but that shit scares the fuck out of me.

never watched it and never will. cant watch demonic stuff.... saw some things that would terrify anyone. never have been religious but that shit scares the fuck out of me.
Care to explain? I've always been fascinated with true demonic stories

lol, the area is actually quite nice.
For the longest time I was creeped out by stairs that were similar.

As well as my imagination running wild and expecting some possessed person to spider crawl down flights of stairs.

It is the best horror movie in my opinion. I really liked the "version you've never seen before" that they rereleased in 2001 or whenever that was, there are a lot of subliminal things in that version, things that you see in the shadows, also that scene where she comes down the stairs was also included.

It's been such a long time since I've watched it, maybe 2004. It's so creepy that I just never get the urge to watch it. I do remember there was some subplot about the priest and his mother that I was too young to understand, what was that all about? I really need to watch this again, probably will this Halloween.

Still nothing else that comes close.

I'm not sure if it's the best "film" in the genre, with stuff out there like The Shining or Låt den rätte komma in, but it without question the scariest. It's the best horror in terms of the horror itself.
Swedish Let the right one in movie is so classic.

I am a big fan of the movie. I just dont like the ending.

I would like for you to expand more on this. I think the final exorcism in 3 was visually a little too much after the first movie. Blatty's conclusion did not out-do Friedken's.

Care to explain? I've always been fascinated with true demonic stories

Likewise for me. For horror genre, I'm extremely biased towards those with Possession or demon themes over Slasher, mutant/cannibals. Hills have eyes, Halloween, Scream are all good horror films, but I will watch Excorism of Emily Rose, The Rite over those above anytime.

Awful film. Same as The Shining. 1/10.

People just feel like they have to jump on the back of them because they're "classics", which they're not.
f9d410e66ed18e06a30c5f909595367e815abb5c4fff25c312cc1d792d49668e.jpg

I would like for you to expand more on this. I think the final exorcism in 3 was visually a little too much after the first movie. Blatty's conclusion did not out-do Friedken's.
The movie has spent all thsi time building up this amazing villain,the gemini killer,and for what? The devil takes over in the last 5 mins of the movie. The gemini is just GONE. What was the point of him in the first place? I mean it seems so anti climactic to ditch the guy in that way.

I do remember there was some subplot about the priest and his mother that I was too young to understand, what was that all about? I really need to watch this again, probably will this Halloween.

Father Damian Karras doesn't see his mother that often. He tries to talk her into moving closer to him after she fell down and injured herself but she refuses. Then he finds out that she died alone and wasnt found for days, which causes him to have a crisis of faith.
Devil immediately picks up on it and uses it to tear his psyche apart.

Father Damian Karras doesn't see his mother that often. He tries to talk her into moving closer to him after she fell down and injured herself but she refuses. Then he finds out that she died alone and wasnt found for days, which causes him to have a crisis of faith.
Devil immediately picks up on it and uses it to tear his psyche apart.
its brutal,it really is.

35 years old and still better than Insidious, Conjuring, and Sinister. It's a film haven't seen many times, but I do enjoy it. The only problem with it is they show a scary scene then just skip the aftermath and go to a regular scene. Example would be when she stabs herself in the vagina yet no doctor care or anything. They simply skip to a regular scene after every event involving the girl acting up. That is my only gripe with the film.

Back