2016 Oscars (SPOTLIGHT Wins Best Picture; Leo DiCaprio Wins Best Actor)

Lmao at Chris Rock's Jada Smith comment.

He(they) should have stopped there with that overblown issue and just moved on.

Last edited:
It was about time! He really deserved it, congratulations to DiCaprio for winning an Oscar!

Mad Max Fury Road should have won for Brothers in Arms alone. That track is amazing.
Dragonlordxst: 114000563 said:
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

The Hateful Eight – Ennio Morricone
Star Wars: The Force Awakens – John Williams
Bridge of Spies – Thomas Newman
Carol – Carter Burwell
Sicario — Johann Johannsson

12-7

I don't get the universal praise for Spotlight from the critics. It's sort of bland and has unfocused direction/script and the acting doesn't really raise it to another level either. Normally I wouldn't care about the oscars, but I lost $ to a run of the mill drama while the Revenant won best cinematography/director/actor but not best film? gtfo. Lost $ on Sly too, but i'm glad he didn't win because his performance was nothing special and I didn't need to hear a cringe sentimental speech.

I was glad too see that SW got shut out and didn't get any pity technical awards. Say what you will about the story in Mad Max, but it deserved all those oscars under those categories.

It was certainly intense at times, but I didn't get the overall love for it.

Frank Mir KOing Cro-Cop was intense too but that didn't make the rest of the fight exciting!

Kudos for a cool bear attack but come on! Lol

Chris roasting Jada and Louis CK were the highlights of a pretty meh night.

Was waiting to see if Leo got boned again. For me personally, his win for Revenant was akin to Denzel's win for Training Day. They both have done better roles that should have nabbed them the gold, but lucked out in a down year.

Frank Mir KOing Cro-Cop was intense too but that didn't make the rest of the fight exciting!

Kudos for a cool bear attack but come on! Lol

what's wrong with you bro? don't even mention shit like that, I'm still scarred

We watched Spotlight last night and it was just OK. It was basically just the Insider but with the Church instead of cigarettes. For the life of me, I will never understand the Mad Max hype. That movie sucked ass. It was just Doomsday in the desert with a less hot girl.

The Revenant would have been my pick for best picture.

The thing about Spotlight that bothered me was that, at the end of the day, despite people learning about how teh Catholic Church pretty much systematically victimizes kids, people will continue to take their kids to church and leave them alone with priests. It's basically serving your kids up. At this point, to me, if you take your kids to church, and they get molested, imo, you should be charged as an accomplice. The Insider was 20 years ago and people still smoke, so maybe people are just retarded.

Suck it Alejandro!

Mad Max for the Win!

shade-eyes1.gif

Mad Max Fury Road should have won for Brothers in Arms alone. That track is amazing.

Wow I'd never think I would see ANYONE go against Ennio.:D That man is a God among musicians.

Last edited:
Mad Max had the best music/score/soundtrack in a movie I've heard in a longgg time

pretty shocked Spotlight won. I really thought this movie would go unnoticed at the Oscars when it really deserved it. Crazy it got best picture.

Super sad the Leo memes are over, but incredibly happy that Eddie Redmayne didn't win.

I've never seen so many black presenters. Shit was so forced. And the speeches/ chris rocks's jokes , my god. They could have toned it down a bit.

I'd imagine Leo's celebration after the Oscars to be like...

200w_d.gif

tumblr_n1iw01mlWC1tu3y05o1_500.gif

tumblr_n1iw01mlWC1tu3y05o2_500.gif

oob968R.gif

200w_d.gif

Spotlight is the easiest acting gig those actors have ever seen.

The movie is good though.

Back