Television Better Call Saul racked up 53 Emmy nominations during its run: didn't win a single one

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

BETTER CALL SAUL’S 53 EMMY LOSSES SETS RECORD FOR MOST EVER

tenor.gif

This includes, for its six seasons, the final one split into two parts:
  • 7x Outstanding Drama Series
  • 6x Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, Bob Odenkirk
  • 6x Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series; between Vince Gilligan, Gordon Smith, Thomas Schnauz, & Peter Gould
  • 1x Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series, Vince Gilligan (S03E02, "The Witness")
It has been called by more than one critic during its run the best show on television, and the best spinoff series ever. Zero wins.
1705774462820.png

Tough to call it the most underrated or underappreciated show by critics, specifically the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, considering it racked up so many nominations, but that's rough. What other shows do you think are the most snubbed or underappreciated by the awards ceremonies?

That’s actually pretty wild. Great show even tho I only made it thru the 1st few seasons, thought they were dragging it out way too much.

The Chuck/Jimmy story line was my favorite part of the show. Such a crazy dynamic between them.

Wow, that's quite a statistic, thanks.

I guess Breaking Bad took all the awards for them.

Reactions: 666
No wonder viewership set record lows this year. But just like how Chrissie hynde called the Grammys grotesque, the rest of these awards are just as bad.

I actually liked Better Call Saul a little more than Breaking Bad. I thought the supporting cast of characters was a lot better.
Jimmy, Chuck, Kim, Mike, Nacho, Howard, and Gustavo were all exceptional characters with great story arcs. Also, Lalo Salamanca is one of the greatest villains of all time.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia has never won anything either and it’s the greatest comedy show of its time…

F the Emmys.

Better Call Saul and The Wire must suck, since they never won emmys

Way to shit all over the brand of your worthless trophies, decade after decade

Hopefully they continue to low-ratings themselves out of existence

200w.gif

I actually liked Better Call Saul a little more than Breaking Bad. I thought the supporting cast of characters was a lot better.
Jimmy, Chuck, Kim, Mike, Nacho, Howard, and Gustavo were all exceptional characters with great story arcs. Also, Lalo Salamanca is one of the greatest villains of all time.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia has never won anything either and it’s the greatest comedy show of its time…

F the Emmys.

Always Sunny has never even had a nomination, it's ridiculous.

Back