⚡ Daniel Cormier Laughs at Jon Jones' Power: 'He Can't Punch!'

Rate Jon Jones' punching power

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man if fucking Machida kept his non punching hand up

Some guys just don't throw bombs, every man has KO power though. If you sleep on that bad things happen, ask Rockhold.

Solid 5, plenty of decision machines are worse punchers than Jon

If Jones had power they'd have to stop him from fighting, it's already unfair with his current attributes.

is Cormier confessing then he's a bitch? I don't get it

Ungodly power has often been the bane of MMA fighters. Fedor, Hendo, Roy etc, power punchers often fall in love with that one shot and become one dimensional sluggers. Other skills (Fedor's Sambo, Roy's Jitz, Hendo's wrestling etc) take a back seat.

Jones doesn't have much of a punch. You don't need to have a massive punch to be great in boxing, let alone MMA.

To his credit, at least DC admits all of Jones other strikes (kicks, knees, elbows) are all very hard. It's probably true, I don't think Jones has ever come close to KO'ing anyone, as talented as he is

Guys read the whole quote, it's really not that bad and nothing most people haven't figured out at the point. Doesn't mean hes not a monstrous fighter

I like DC but he talks a lot considering Jones decisively beat him in their first fight. I guess Jon's last crappy performance is giving DC confidence.

It was decisive in that it was a clear decision. But Jones didn't dominate Cormier, even though people afterwards behaved as if he did. That's a fight that easily could go differently in a rematch.

I guess it's good that he's got plenty of other ways to beat someone huh?

There wasn't a whole lot of power behind it, Machida practically ran right into the punch
bones1.gif
Turns strikers into panic wreslters

I'm a huge fan of Jones as a fighter. But as a UFC level athlete I'd say he's punching power, considering his weight, is 2. At best.

Definitely feather fisted. But as Cormier says his elbows knees & kicks are vicious.

I don't see what the big deal is. I didn't take it as Cormier insulting Jones. He went on to point out where Jones does have power.

has anyone mentioned-

"who cares?"

if he beat you, and routinely opens peoples faces with elbows and knees,

who cares about punching power?

ultimately, its more embarrassing to say "i lost to someone who cant punch".

Duh.

If Jones was a hard hitter he would really be not only unbeaten, but pretty much unapproachable.

Voted 3.

Then DC could have easily closed the distance and hugged for an easy decision.

But he didn't.

And you hit him flush with plenty of punches and never even rocked him so what does that say about your own punching power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back