Media ‘Just tell me where Khabib has made nine figures before in the Octagon’

Something I don't get - Why does Floyd need to fight at all (anyone, any format, anywhere) at this point? What is there left to prove? He's got enough money and ongoing revenue streams and investments and assets for his great grandkids to live comfortably, so there's no need to keep fighting for that reason either. Just doesn't make sense to me why he's not just like "That's it, I'm done!"

Do you gamble in boxing . mma is a bit harder for me to get right , I am more of a boxing fan but enjoy mma

Not really a Conor fan , actually disliked him , on the Conor vs Floyd sub forum had alot of fun with the Conor nuthuggers

Later on though I did respect his business savvy and decided to mess around w the Khabib super fans

I think I have to dumb it down a bit for my intended target , ill try that on another post tommorow

Big fan of Tonys fighting style

I've bet some boxing but I just don't follow it closely enough anymore to make it worthwhile to bet.

I'm taking a little break from betting period honestly. The amount of tape watching was feeling like work and not fun. While I've been long term profitable, it's just a hobby and it hasn't been feeling that way. So I'm taking a break for an undetermined amount of time. My daughter is now old enough where she's in competitive sports so watching her takes priority too.

And there's just so many damn cards. And until you look at all the odds and break down tape, you don't know where the value is. That is honestly my biggest issue. The best value is often on a fight pass prelim or some fight I'd never normally make it a point to watch.

I started posting in this forum again because I want to be excited about the big fights, and not obsessing about whether Austin Arnett's decision line has value vs Humberto f'ing Bandenay. Tony vs Khabib is THE fight to make, so I tend to gravitate toward these threads.

Oh, and as you saw I will toss some geopolitical stuff in there too here and there.

Caps lock key is on m8.

Floyd is only 41. You'd think if all there was left for him in boxing was to fight 0-0 newbs he'd want to challenge himself to a real fight... Chicken Floyd.

Real fight?

Boxing is lame and is dying. The future is MMA. Mayweather is boxing's last gasp.
Canelo has 3 PPVs out of his last 4 sell over a million in the US alone. And that is legit numbers, not the reported world wide estimates the UFC reports

He’s not a mixed martial artist.
But yet he keeps trying to fight mixed martial artists. All the while not allowing mixed martial arts to take place. Its a side show.

But yet he keeps trying to fight mixed martial artists. All the while not allowing mixed martial arts to take place. Its a side show.
It’s def a circus fight. But I don’t think Floyd started all this.

I've bet some boxing but I just don't follow it closely enough anymore to make it worthwhile to bet.

I'm taking a little break from betting period honestly. The amount of tape watching was feeling like work and not fun. While I've been long term profitable, it's just a hobby and it hasn't been feeling that way. So I'm taking a break for an undetermined amount of time. My daughter is now old enough where she's in competitive sports so watching her takes priority too.

And there's just so many damn cards. And until you look at all the odds and break down tape, you don't know where the value is. That is honestly my biggest issue. The best value is often on a fight pass prelim or some fight I'd never normally make it a point to watch.

I started posting in this forum again because I want to be excited about the big fights, and not obsessing about whether Austin Arnett's decision line has value vs Humberto f'ing Bandenay. Tony vs Khabib is THE fight to make, so I tend to gravitate toward these threads.

Oh, and as you saw I will toss some geopolitical stuff in there too here and there.
Pleasure to meet you

Looks like Mayweather shut them down,
How was Conor able to secure the deal with ease?

Was Khabib ducking Mayweather and using his name

“They came to me talking about the Khabib fight,” Mayweather said. “Khabib called me out, I didn’t call Khabib out. They said it has to happen in the octagon and I said, ‘You just tell me where Khabib has made nine figures before in the octagon. If he hasn’t made nine figures, he’s not the A side. I’m the A side, so if you guys want the fight to happen, you must come my way. My way, my rules.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11...r-boxing-only-rizin-tenshin-mcgregor-ufc-news

No mma fighter can make 9 figures in the octagon

Looks like Mayweather shut them down,
How was Conor able to secure the deal with ease?

Was Khabib ducking Mayweather and using his name

“They came to me talking about the Khabib fight,” Mayweather said. “Khabib called me out, I didn’t call Khabib out. They said it has to happen in the octagon and I said, ‘You just tell me where Khabib has made nine figures before in the octagon. If he hasn’t made nine figures, he’s not the A side. I’m the A side, so if you guys want the fight to happen, you must come my way. My way, my rules.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/11...r-boxing-only-rizin-tenshin-mcgregor-ufc-news

Pretty common knowledge baby boy Floyd terrified of MMA at this point.

He’s not known for his risk taking.

We will never EVER see floyd in a MMA fight.

EVER.
Correct, and that's because only an absolute fucking numpty would think that they could cross straight over into another sport and beat a world champion.

Floyd can't read or write yet not even he is stupid enough to think that he stands a chance in an MMA bout.

UFC should shoot down a little. Pay a boxing contender to take a beating to hype mma over boxing. Floyd isn't a big PPV seller either.

There's a difference - Floyd only wants to fight mixed martial artists if they agree to straight boxing rules, in which case he would obviously win.

Floyd knows full well that anybody with any sort of MMA experience would fuck him up in an MMA bout. It's not rocket science.

For some of us I guess.

Was he able to read books to his children at bedtime, or did he just lightly box them up like he did his wife?

He wasn't married.

He has done some despicable things, but you, me or anyone on this forum, Hell probably no mma fighter will ever reach the guys level at his sport.

Floyd Mayweather is the biggest name in mma and boxing.

no one with any sense gives a fuck, Mayweather will not have a meaningful fight anymore, only boxing matches where he is an overwhelming favorite. This guy played his role and continues to play it and his fans to perfection, smartest dumb dude I've ever seen lol..

I think you don't watch boxing. Floyd isn't a draw like he thinks he is; he needs a dance partner that is popular to crack the big numbers. Look at his numbers for the Berto when he doesn't have a dance partner.
Floyd can't get those big PPV numbers without Canelo, Pacquiao, Mcgregor etc etc.

Floyd Mayweather is the biggest name in mma

Floyd does not compete in MMA. In fact, he is utterly irrelevant to MMA, aside from his slobbering fans living vicariously through him at every possible opportunity.

He wasn't married.

Oh, one of his side hoes. The sort of upstanding behavior I expect.

but you, me or anyone on this forum

Ok? I see this argument, and it is terrible every time.
Neither you nor I have achieved the success of Cody Mackenzie in terms of fighting competition, does not mean his failings can't be discussed on a forum.

Back